Author Topic: How bout my Ravens  (Read 51667 times)

runwhiteyrun06

Re: How bout my Ravens
« Reply #150 on: January 11, 2011, 12:01:34 am »
Who cares about the name, the only problem with Lardarius Webb is that he has been one of the most inconsistent defensive players on the team this year. Some games he looks fantastic while others he gets constantly beat on routes.

Saturday can't come soon enough. I would say the Ravens and Steelers each have an equal chance of winning as it is in Pittsburg. However, the Ravens are not the same team they were a few weeks ago. I think they want the Superbowl more than the Steelers do. The commentators during the game were saying this is the first time Ray Lewis has showed off his Superbowl ring to his teamates since he received it. I think the Ravens view themselves as a special and complete team this post-season. I didn't get this impression in their last 2 playoff appearances. Plus, they would want nothing more than to avenge the loss to the Steelers int he 2008 AFC championship.

If the Ravens can win this game, they can win it all. Assuming the Jets lose next week, the Patriots don't scare me. In the regular season the past two years, the Patriots have barely won both games. Last year in the playoffs, the Ravens dominated the Patriots at Foxboro. I would love nothing more than to see more clips of Tom Brady crying like a baby yelling for a roughing the passer penalty on the ground after he is the victim of a fair hit.

It would be nice though if the Ravens and Jets both win so the Ravens can get a home playoff game.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #151 on: January 11, 2011, 01:30:36 am »
Don't forget Lardarius is coming off a torn acl injury.  He will be a legit starting CB next year, if not now.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #152 on: January 11, 2011, 09:19:01 am »
I think they want the Superbowl more than the Steelers do.
hahahaha
o/\o

Mobius

« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2011, 08:53:45 pm »
What a frickin cliche that game turned out to be.  Ravens play to lose in the second half despite mostly solid D, while Pittsburgh plays lockdown D and Roethlisberger converts the crucial plays.  It was like Groundhog Day.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2011, 10:10:19 pm »
thought it was over at 21-7. totally forgot joe flacco was playing
o/\o

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: January 17, 2011, 09:13:13 am »
complete self-destruction

was right up there with watching county/state give Live Nation $11 million

runwhiteyrun06

« Reply #156 on: January 17, 2011, 01:07:45 pm »
Sigh....

We could have had the AFC Championship at home!   >:(

I think that was the worst Maryland sports team meltdown since the Terps Bball team against Duke 10 years ago when we blew a 12 point lead in the last minute. I mean seriously, the offense could practically not have played any worse in the 2nd half.

This one hurts, it's going to take a while to get over.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:59:30 pm by runwhiteyrun06 »

Got Haggis?

« Reply #157 on: January 17, 2011, 01:39:48 pm »
so hard to watch but I knew it was coming.  Ravens have sucked 2nd half all season long.

vansmack

« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2011, 01:34:46 pm »
It was best described to me as a "total bedshitting second half"...

It was incredible - decent, mediocre second half and you're through.

Seth, I'll drop that check in the mail today to take the sting off.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2011, 01:44:19 pm »
thought it was over at 21-7. totally forgot joe flacco was playing

Can we talk about this for a second, because nobody showed the damn replay of what really happened on the deep pick, and it pissed me off.

Troy Polamalu, who would have been weak side safety on the screen pass had he stayed in position, jumped the play and ran across the field to snuff out the screen, baiting Flacco to take the shot deep where he should have had single coverage.  Only he didn't, because Clark could stay deep with Troy taking out the screen.  The single coverage was actually on the opposite side where Polamalu left the DB on his own, only Flacco never noticed (mostly because no other safety on the planet would do what Troy did).

Flacco's next play he threw a check down ball into the ground prematurely (obviously confused) so I sent a text to a few Steeler fans:

"Flacco is rattled."

He fumbled the next snap.

They talked about the bad pass, which it was, and Clark's pick, but Polamalu made that play and the announcers never picked up on it.

And yes, I was a deep safety when I played football which is why I'm so in awe of that play.  My coach would have benched me forever if I had done that.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #160 on: January 18, 2011, 01:54:08 pm »
haha, i couldnt even form texts i was in such a daze

the pass was floated too. even single coverage gets a jump ball at best
o/\o

Mobius

« Reply #161 on: January 21, 2011, 01:18:20 am »
couple of other thoughts on that pick.  ravens' prior pass plays in the second half went sack, sack, knockdown/incompletion.  the pass game was in shambles at that point, not necessarily flacco's fault since the o-line was getting smoked by a fired up steelers d.  also, it was just an insanely terrible playcall and execution.  the ravens of the past few years could be expected to set up a play action bomb like that with a single receiver going long after like 20 consecutive runs, or at least repeated runs on first down (with the throw expected to harmlessly sail over the receivers head rather than sail over receiver's head into the waiting arms of a safety) . . .but the ravens weren't even consistently running on first down . . .the play action wasn't properly set up . . . then flacco fake handoff was weak further not fooling anyone (LBs bit for about a nanosecond then booked into coverage) . . .heap was the only receiver going long . . . flacco was watching him the whole play . . .the throw sucked . . . heap was totally bracketed.  and why are they even trying this sh*t at that point instead of focusing on working the ball to boldin, housh and mason and heap on shorter routes?  it was all just ridiculous.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 01:46:46 am by Mobius »

hutch

« Reply #162 on: January 21, 2011, 12:14:56 pm »
what i don't get is why the ravens insisted on running the ball on first down..running it right down the middle.. no creativity.. they got stuffed over and over and over again.. why do that?