Author Topic: How bout my Ravens  (Read 51944 times)

shemptiness

Re: How bout my Ravens
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2008, 10:57:46 am »

in my experience, it goes in one direction.  ravens fans hate the redskins.  redskins fans seem mostly indifferent towards the ravens.  i, for one, root for the ravens if they aren't playing the skins.  how often do they play each other?  once every four or five years?  hardly an epic rivalry.

A lot of it has to do with JKC and Tags working together to keep a team out of Baltimore after the Irsays bolted.

That and Charm City's massive inferiority complex.

vansmack

« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2008, 01:19:29 pm »
whos num yummy

The Artist Formerly Known as Sonick.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2008, 01:28:53 pm »
  and Vansmack....why are you a Steelers fan? I didnt know you had ties to the redneck west of Pennsylvania!

My grandfather on my mom's side was born and raised in Pittsburgh before moving to CA after the War.  My dad lived there for a little while during his formative years and became a lifelong Steelers fan.  After my mom was knocked up and they got married without the full support of  my grandfather, the only thing my old man and grandfather had in common for the first few difficult years was the Steelers and the Pirates (thankfully, it was the early to mid 70's).  There was pretty much no way the prodigal son wasn't going to be a Steelers fan as well.  And while I'm also a Pirates fan, the Angels were always #1 to me.  Without a football team in OC (I never believed the Rams were going to stay in OC), the Steelers were always #1 to me.
27>34

thatguy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2008, 02:48:10 pm »
  i cant believe too many people messed with ya.   

we were yelled at, taunted, and had trash thrown at us.  any time i stood up and turned around, it stopped.  nothing out of hand. there were straight up fights in my friend's section.

i'm a fan of the skins, but very respectful.  i cheer for my team, but never put down the other team or make comments to anyone else that i don't know.  the people around us were giving us a hard time for cheering on the skins when they were down.  apparently, if your team isn't winning, you aren't allowed to support them, and you should just go home.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2008, 03:19:12 pm »
i talked to some stangers at fed ex when the steelers played the skins. most were cool. the fat dudes in our row body checked me when i left for the bathroom, though
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2008, 03:35:51 pm »
whos num yummy

The Artist Formerly Known as Sonick.

i thought he was quoting the commercial.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2008, 03:39:22 pm »
thanks to this fancy dancy new board i actually figured it out after i posted that
o/\o

Venerable Bede

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2008, 05:02:33 pm »
we were yelled at, taunted, and had trash thrown at us.  any time i stood up and turned around, it stopped.  nothing out of hand. there were straight up fights in my friend's section.

i'm a fan of the skins, but very respectful.  i cheer for my team, but never put down the other team or make comments to anyone else that i don't know.  the people around us were giving us a hard time for cheering on the skins when they were down.  apparently, if your team isn't winning, you aren't allowed to support them, and you should just go home.
when i went to the chiefs/ravens game several years ago, i was subjected to the same treatment. . .it was really fun watching them all file out after dante hall ran back a kick-off for the win.  on the other hand, no nasty words or looks when i went to the chiefs/redskins games.  course, all of that pales in comparison to my wife getting a beer dumped on her at a padres/phillies game in philly- i think the person was aiming for me in my padres hat, but got my wife instead.  maybe he was so awe-struck by my wearing of this hat that he couldn't dare befoul it.

OU812

shemptiness

« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2008, 05:14:14 pm »

I'm with you on that.  I expected to see more fights since the louts had all day to booze it up.  Didn't see any at all.

Except for the drunk kid behind me who kept singing 'Fuck the Redskins' over and over.  At least he didn't throw up on me.

Reminds me of the time at Camden Yards when some ass (Yankee fan?) kept yelling 'Cal Ripken sucks!'.  You just don't do that shit, especially in someone else's place. 

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2008, 05:49:21 pm »
I?m a big skins fan and sports fan in general, but going to NFL games just isn?t that fun anymore for me.  The people are just so lowbrow and don?t know how to act.  The hostility at those games just blows me away everytime.  The last skins/eagles game I went to a few years ago it was so out of hand it wasn?t even funny.  They had to clear out my whole section for a little while cuz of this massive fight that broke out.

Went to the cowboys game a few weeks ago and it was the same old thing?.fights and just general bad vibes and hostility abound.

vansmack

« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2008, 05:59:24 pm »
I’m a big skins fan and sports fan in general, but going to NFL games just isn’t that fun anymore for me. 

I've been to one NFL game since seeing the Steelers in LA in the early 90's when I watched the Raider fans kill a Steeler fan (literally, by the way).  The only thing that got me back was the promise of posh treatment and all access to make up for not letting me raise the nets for PATs and field goals (damn unions).  It was a good time, but obviously a rare experience so these days I'm more than happy to sit on my couch and watch the games.  All of them of course.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2008, 06:39:35 pm »
as long as i live here and the skins stay in landover, i cant see a scenario of me going to an nfl game unless they play the steelers. maybe if i somehow get a dream deal at heinz field but i doubt it
o/\o

shemptiness

« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2008, 07:44:49 pm »
They play in Baltimore every year.  Guaranteed.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2008, 10:14:44 pm »
i dont feel like getting stabbed, thanks
o/\o

saintangelsin

« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2008, 03:19:18 am »
It makes me happy to see that Seth is a Ravens fan. oh hell yeah!