Author Topic: How bout my Ravens  (Read 51930 times)

godsshoeshine

Re: How bout my Ravens
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2008, 11:18:57 am »
Maybe everyone will now stop with the ridiculous notion that the home team gets the calls.
you know a team is beaten well when their fans start bitching about refs

even better when the coach does it
o/\o

shemptiness

« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2008, 11:23:10 am »
Maybe everyone will now stop with the ridiculous notion that the home team gets the calls.
you know a team is beaten well when their fans start bitching about refs

even better when the coach does it
Please.  The Steelers won this game because they drove 92 yards when they had to.

But that doesn't negate the fact that the NFL replay system as it is is seriously flawed.

sonickteam2

« Reply #62 on: December 15, 2008, 11:40:41 am »
i am completely unbiased and i didnt really see where the ball cleared the plane.

If i was a Ravens fan i would be seriously pissed

If i was a Steelers fan.....i'd  have a mullet and be very thankful i got the call.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #63 on: December 15, 2008, 11:48:56 am »
thankful? please, correct call. besides, they would have gone for it on 4th and inches against an exhausted defense
o/\o

godsshoeshine

« Reply #64 on: December 15, 2008, 11:49:34 am »
dont you have a mullet anyway, being a canadian
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2008, 12:01:48 pm »
Close, but Pittsburgians are 4% more likely to wear a mullet than those from Toronto.

I suppose if i was from Alberta you'd have a point!

and seriously, did YOU see the ball go across? I can understand being a fan but love isnt really that blind. (if you did see this, please send me a link cause i have 10 people at my work who would love to see it!)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #66 on: December 15, 2008, 12:10:28 pm »
heres the best shot i could find

the linesman said the ball broke the plane, but didnt think that holmes got 2 feet down, which he clearly did
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #67 on: December 15, 2008, 12:14:07 pm »
  Thats probably how it looked to all the drunken fans at the game too, all blurry and what not.

I dont see it, i dont care and i'll excuse myself from antagonizing in a thread i have no business being in. 

But i will leave by saying there sure were a lot of police sirens after the game....way more than usual.

Mobius

« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2008, 12:20:54 pm »
I thought it was the game of the year  in the National Football League.  Great to see these teams in a December game w/ meaning fighting for each first down - but yet again disappointing to see a brilliant defensive performance undone by a poor QB performance - although it was the D the had the chance to close out the game and couldn't.  What the hell happened that last drive?  It seemed like the D stopped attacking and got burned.   Ravens just couldn't seize the game.  Flacco made some nice plays but missed a bunch of opportunities that could have broke the game open.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #69 on: December 15, 2008, 12:30:25 pm »
i think the ravens d was tired at the end of the game. happens when your offense is 4/14 on third down

and that picture is terrible but i couldnt find anything else
o/\o

Mobius

« Reply #70 on: December 15, 2008, 01:01:38 pm »
i'm not sure how much fatigue had to do with it . . . but D played not to lose instead of to win at the end - which is not their style.  Roethlisberger is one of the great clutch QBs, but Ravens took their foot off the gas leaving Roeth w/ time to find guys wide open in gaps in the zone (so it looked on tv).  If they stayed aggresive and got burned (which they hadn't all day) they at least would have possibly had more time to work with at the end.  When you're the challenger, you have to win the belt.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 01:08:09 pm by Mobius »

shemptiness

« Reply #71 on: December 15, 2008, 01:11:56 pm »
the linesman said the ball broke the plane, but didnt think that holmes got 2 feet down, which he clearly did

Yeah, clearly.

shemptiness

« Reply #72 on: December 15, 2008, 01:14:37 pm »
i'm not sure how much fatigue had to do with it . . . but D played not to lose instead of to win at the end - which is not their style.  Roethlisberger is one of the great clutch QBs, but Ravens took their foot off the gas leaving Roeth w/ time to find guys wide open in gaps in the zone (so it looked on tv).  If they stayed aggresive and got burned (which they hadn't all day) they at least would have possibly had more time to work with at the end.  When you're the challenger, you have to win the belt.

Can't argue with that.  Pressure was on early in the drive, but then they seemed to be playing prevent D.  Maybe because a starting LB and CB were out at that time.

vansmack

« Reply #73 on: December 15, 2008, 01:39:44 pm »
what you people don't realize is that when the Ravens lose, ticket prices go up

-2.5 seemed like a suckers bet to me to get money from Ravens fans.  3 seemed like a push and worthy of staying away, 3.5 was clearly a Ravens pick (though I still would have lost), but -2.5 seemd like a pretty clear bet on the Steelers in my eyes.  That's probably why it ended at 3 and started at 2.5. 

With out that extra half point, I hope you at least teased it because you must have thought that the Ravens were going to win.
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #74 on: December 15, 2008, 01:50:08 pm »
isappointing to see a brilliant defensive performance undone by a poor QB performance - although it was the D the had the chance to close out the game and couldn't.  

Isn't that the story of the Ravens though, even in their Super Bowl year?  I will say this however - as a Steelers fan, I'm nervous about the progression of Joe Flacco.  He's been the best Ravens QB in over a decade, and he's only a rookie.  He's going to be good and after he settles down a bit and gets used to NFL defensive schemes, the Ravens could be one solid wide out away from clinching the division in week 15 instead of losing the division.   

But let's be honest - when he came out with ~40 seconds left and the camera did a close up of him after his first incompletion, did anyone really think the Ravens had a chance?  That was one scared looking kid.
27>34