Author Topic: How bout my Ravens  (Read 51929 times)

sonickteam2

Re: How bout my Ravens
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2008, 02:18:39 pm »
how about those Cardinals!  I havent watched any football but when was the last time these guys played in a January football game????

holy mackeral. first the Rays, now the Cards!  whats next?? A Canadian team winning the Stanley Cup?

Got Haggis?

« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2008, 02:46:51 pm »
the ruling on the field should have stood for that call - as when a play is called for review, there must be indisputable evidence to overturn the call and its pretty clear from the video that it is not indisputable.

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2008, 06:06:01 pm »
we had the chance to score a zillion times, and Harbaugh kept running McLain up the middle like Billick ran Jemal enough to deservedly cost him his job

why the whole stadium can see this and not the coach always befuddles me

IT WASN'T WORKING...PASSES DID...WHAT IS SO HARD HERE

vansmack

« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2008, 06:13:37 pm »
IT WASN'T WORKING...PASSES DID...WHAT IS SO HARD HERE

He was protecting his QB from making that one crucial mistake that would cost you the game.  Playing not to lose does one thing for you - just like the prevent defense, it prevents you from winning.

I agree with you though - how 'bout a play action every now and then?  Especially with a relatively mobile QB...
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2008, 06:30:20 pm »
if i had a rookie qb that was 11 for 28 and i was playing a receiver down i'd pound the ball too. however when you do that, you must control the clock to help your defense, which the ravens did not do in the second half
o/\o

Mobius

« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2008, 06:57:33 pm »
The running up the middle did set up a few sweet shots down the field (first play of the second quarter on first down and another one in the middle of the fourth on 2nd - I don't remember if they were play action or not, or if there were others) which would have been huge game changing plays if Flacco delivered the ball to the open receiver instead of painfully overthowing. 

So yeah, considering that run, run, run strategy is built to capitalize on the few big opportunities, and Flacco couldn't do that, it would make sense to go a different route.

The alternative may have led to more turnovers . . . but yeah, the playcalling was very Billick-esque.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 07:11:04 pm by Mobius »

shemptiness

« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2008, 10:54:30 pm »

Well, Cameron runs the offense, not Harbaugh.  Running McLain worked just great against the 'Skins in the 4th quarter.  Obviously the Steelers aren't the 'Skins.  I don't know that passes were working.  Flacco doesn't have the poise and presence yet of a guy like Ben R.  It would also help if McGahee would pick off a blitzer now and then.   

shemptiness

« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2009, 01:57:34 pm »
If the Steelers do their part we'll have a re-rematch....

vansmack

« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2009, 02:01:37 pm »
After the Steelers do their part we'll have a re-rematch....

Just a quick correction to your statement...
27>34

vansmack

« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2009, 08:56:48 pm »
Sounds like you want to play for pinks!

If the Ravens win, I leave your board.

If the Steelers win, you give me the keys to your club.

How 'bout it?

As there are some that regard me as the rightful owner of the club, it has been suggested that I take Merriweather off your hands this time next weekend...
27>34

Seth Hurwitz

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: January 11, 2009, 10:55:41 pm »
there's just one problem

I'm not sure we'll win

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2009, 12:01:16 am »
C'mon Seth, have a little faith!!

there's just one problem

I'm not sure we'll win

vansmack

« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2009, 01:04:25 pm »
there's just one problem

I'm not sure we'll win

Surprisingly, Vegas doesn't think so either.  Then again, I didn't think the Charger game was a 6 point game either. 

I was thinking this week's matchup would be a 3, maybe 3.5 point spread.  5 seems way too high for teams meeting for the third time.  I'm very interested to see where the spread ends up on Friday.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2009, 01:14:06 pm »
i thought everyone would be taking the ravens in this game. but they arent even ahead in the poll on the balmer sun's website. scary
o/\o

shemptiness

« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2009, 01:40:04 pm »
i thought everyone would be taking the ravens in this game. but they arent even ahead in the poll on the balmer sun's website. scary

If they play the Steelers the way they played Tennessee they have no shot.