Author Topic: Playlist for the soon-to-be-departed  (Read 3980 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Playlist for the soon-to-be-departed
« on: December 15, 2008, 01:31:08 am »
say, hypothetically, that i was to get married tomorrow (technically today since it's after midnight) - what should i listen to during my last 14 hours of singleness?

hypothetically.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 01:47:11 am by sweetcell »
<sig>

vansmack

Re: Playlist for the soon-to-be-departed
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 03:28:36 am »
You should call me and the director up, and we'll take you to a special place where I'll request this.
27>34

Firebutt McGee

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 06:12:51 am »
Magazine - Because You're Frightened
The Kills - Last Day of Magic
Billy Idol - White Wedding
Radiohead - Wolf at the Door

And, I would hypothetically say CONGRATS, I mean, if it were to happen today and all...
Woof.

sonickteam2

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 09:03:56 am »
The Doors - "The End"

congrats sweetums.

Mobius

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 09:47:15 am »
Pro:  Goo Goo Dolls - Slide

Con:  Nirvana - All Apologies

Congrats

eltee

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 09:51:29 am »
See, I thought this would be a playlist for the Bush League.

Congrats, hypothetically.

bearman🐻

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2008, 10:38:18 am »
Circle Jerks -- I Just Want Some Skank
AC/DC -- You Shook Me All Night Long
The Buzzcocks -- Orgasm Addict
Devo -- Pink Pussy Cat
Interpol -- No I in Threesome
Joy Division -- Love Will Tear Us Apart
Judas Priest -- Hell Bent for Leather
Marilyn Manson -- Cake and Sodomy

(OK, I'm really evil.)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 02:01:01 pm »
you guys are a riot.  tracked down as many of those as i could, thanks.  we're doing the legal thing today (hypothetically, of course :)) but will still have the big white gown/tux/too much family thing in june. 

off to the court house, and then to get a monday afternoon champagne buzz on.  fear not, julian, la veuve will be presiding over the celebrations.  not sure if we have the carrying case, tho.

You should call me and the director up, and we'll take you to a special place where I'll request this.

thanks for reaching down a level or two, you didn't go for the easy out of "pour some sugar".  "only 17" always made me feel awkward, like i wasn't supposed to look.
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 02:14:00 pm »
"I'm Going to Hell" - The Long Blondes
(_|_)

vansmack

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 02:23:10 pm »
thanks for reaching down a level or two, you didn't go for the easy out of "pour some sugar".  "only 17" always made me feel awkward, like i wasn't supposed to look.

First off - you should always look.  Even after you're married.  It helps with their self-esteem; there's nothing worse than getting up there and dancing naked with nobody paying attention.  Could you imagine that?  You're craving both attention and cash, but even taking off your clothes isn't getting it done for you?  She's selling herself for sex at the next availalble opportunity if you don't look, so consider it doing her a favor.  Oh, but always throw some money on the stage - don't be the skeezy guy in the joint.

Secondly, a level or two?  That's really just scratching at the surface.  I've been known to ask for this little diddy and ask the DJ (who always knows all the personal details of all the dancers by virtue of having sex with them but having to lay in bed with them afterwards) who cries first?  I've never had a taker (or could never afford the DJ would do it), but one guy who thought it was brillant did say that when he quit his DJ job that it would be the last song he played.  My response: why would you quit this job?

27>34

mr. pretentious

• This Boy Is Exhausted
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 02:53:27 pm »
I have no songs to suggest, but I do offer my congrats. ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 03:00:19 pm »
REM - it's the end of the world as we know it  (and i feel fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine)

and only smax could turn a thread about marriage into a discourse on stripper rock.  awesome :D
<sig>

Darth Ed

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 03:07:23 pm »
Congratulations, Sweetcell! Love the R.E.M. choice.

vansmack

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 03:20:04 pm »
and only smax could turn a thread about marriage into a discourse on stripper rock.  awesome :D

Oh shit!  You're getting married?  I thought we were talking in hypotheticals....
27>34

Venerable Bede

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 04:12:36 pm »

Secondly, a level or two?  That's really just scratching at the surface.  I've been known to ask for this little diddy and ask the DJ (who always knows all the personal details of all the dancers by virtue of having sex with them but having to lay in bed with them afterwards) who cries first?  I've never had a taker (or could never afford the DJ would do it), but one guy who thought it was brillant did say that when he quit his DJ job that it would be the last song he played.  My response: why would you quit this job?

ahhh, i'll never forget the wedding i was at where the dj played that song during dinner.  thankfully, it wasn't my wedding.

i think there's something to be said for listening to the saturday night fever soundtrack and strutting down the street. . .otherwise, i'm surprised no one has said georgia satellites "keep your hands to yourself".
OU812