Author Topic: what point is al sharpton trying to make?  (Read 6694 times)

walkonby

what point is al sharpton trying to make?
« on: December 22, 2008, 11:33:32 am »
he takes caroline kennedy (i have no experience, but people choose by name brand and not quality) to lunch, because al has to have his finger in all the pies, at a soul food restaurant in harlem.  are famous black people only allowed to eat at soul food restaurants if they seek to be a news blurb?  does that make them blacker than the rest of us?

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: what point is al sharpton trying to make?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 01:25:52 pm »
Corporate media only recognise two spokespersons for the black community, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson. Both are clowns, thus rendering any opinions from the "black" community as irrelevant and preposterous. There are many other blacks that the corporate media can go to for opinions but since they're unknown to the their audience, they don't come with any negative baggage. Someone is more likely to take the opinion of an unknown more seriously than a clown, therefore unknown black opinionators are far more dangerous to the corporate media agenda.
😐 🎶

killsaly

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 02:39:06 pm »
Maybe Caroline is down with Soul Food, and made the suggestion.

walkonby

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 02:59:10 pm »
Maybe Caroline is down with Soul Food, and made the suggestion.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2008, 03:01:34 pm »
Don't you ever stop whining? 

walkonby

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2008, 03:05:40 pm »
Don't you ever stop whining? 

when people can dance in the street holding hands and eating ice cream cones together . . . then i will.

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 10:10:44 pm »
Couple of pointers - Caroline Kennedy is one pie I DO NOT want my fingers in......What the fuck is soul food anyway? I will dance in the street eating ice cream with you anytime Walkon.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2008, 10:50:24 pm »
Why does it matter to you what point Al Sharpton is trying to make?

Perhaps he likes soul food?

Or did you mistakenly log in here, and were actually planning on posting on the "I have a whole lot of problems with black people" forum?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:50:05 pm by Doctor Doom »
_\|/_

walkonby

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 12:03:43 am »
Why does it matter to you what point Al Sharpton is trying to make?

Perhaps he likes soul food?

Or did you mistakenly log in here, and were actually planning on posting on the "I have a whole lot of problems with black people" forum?

the only problem i have with black people is that a lot (not all) hate--no, they fucking despise--gay people.  more so than any other race, creed, religion, or familial status.  because of that g.d. religion.  other than that, i really don't care what the fuck they do.  except for al.  i watch him like a hawk.

• my blog
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2008, 12:08:12 am »
given that this is mainly your personal issue, perhaps you should stuff a sock in it?
_\|/_

walkonby

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2008, 12:30:16 am »
given that this is mainly your personal issue, perhaps you should stuff a sock in it?

so i guess everyone with an opinion should just keep to themselves and never attempt to change anything.  your "reality" must be very boring place that gets nothing done.

Mobius

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2008, 12:56:21 am »
i found it interesting that ed koch took caroline kennedy to a hotspot in chelsea to dance in the streets and eat ice cream. 
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 01:01:17 am by Mobius »

walkonby

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 01:03:58 am »
i found it interesting that ed koch took caroline kennedy to a hotspot in chelsea to dance in the streets and eat ice cream. 

ed koch dancing in ice cream you say . . . that's hot.

• my blog
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 12:31:26 pm »
so i guess everyone with an opinion should just keep to themselves and never attempt to change anything.  your "reality" must be very boring place that gets nothing done.

Whining repeatedly about your personal problems with black people in a music forum scarcely counts as an "attempt to change anything."
_\|/_

vansmack

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2008, 05:03:47 pm »

the only problem i have with black people is that a lot (not all) hate--no, they fucking despise--gay people.  more so than any other race, creed, religion, or familial status.  because of that g.d. religion. 

Walkonby, I've tried to stay out of this, but your beef is with people who have issues with other people being gay, and a lot of religious people have issues with gays due to their standing on principles laid out to them in the bible.

It deosn't matter that they're black, white, purple or brown.  You discredit your own arguments about hating somebody by openly singling out a particular race, when the unifying thread happens to be that they are religious. 

I can assure you the black community did not spend the millions of dollars to make this an issue, but the religious community certainly did.

Pick a new fight.  Try to pick the right fight this time. 
27>34