Author Topic: Let's just stop recognizing marriage as a whole  (Read 31293 times)

Relaxer

Re: Let's just stop recognizing marriage as a whole
« Reply #60 on: January 15, 2009, 05:09:44 pm »
Gosh Joe, that's a hard one. I don't know if someone's death, even his, would inspire me to lick others' loins.

That's what it means, right?
oword

walkonby

« Reply #61 on: January 15, 2009, 05:14:36 pm »
ever been (l)aid (o)n (l)iquid?

Vas Deferens

« Reply #62 on: January 15, 2009, 05:22:37 pm »
lots of lollipops 

right, walkonby...?
(_|_)

manimtired

« Reply #63 on: January 15, 2009, 05:31:26 pm »
this thread is bringing the mega-lolz... :D :D

walkonby

« Reply #64 on: January 15, 2009, 05:32:19 pm »
(l)sd (o)pens (l)egions

walkonby

« Reply #65 on: January 15, 2009, 05:35:00 pm »

what took you so long for your embrace?  i've been waiting for such a sweet acronym touch.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #66 on: January 15, 2009, 05:41:45 pm »
for relaxer, Lots of Labia
(_|_)

Relaxer

« Reply #67 on: January 15, 2009, 05:44:18 pm »

my esophagus goes awry ? like orange lusty zebras?
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #68 on: January 15, 2009, 05:44:54 pm »
for relaxer, Lots of Labia

I prefer a nice lasagna
oword

walkonby

walkonby

« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2009, 05:53:49 pm »
i was going to start a new thread called "now this is LOL."  but i don't start new threads anymore unless absolutely neccesary.  but i'm sure, most would agree that this is lol / LOL / LOLZ.

Samantha

« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2009, 06:05:19 pm »
Sorry to bring things back on topic when it looks like they've meandered elsewhere, but thanks for posting, very interesting idea.  Never would have thought of it.  I have to say I try to be an understanding person and take everyone's beliefs into account, but for some reason I can't wrap my head around anti-gay rights sentiments.  My brain can't figure out why this even has to be an issue.  Um I certainly could say a lot of other things but I'll bite my tongue and avoid kicking up shit.  But Julian definitely brought some LOLz.  Does he even listen to himself?

Also walkonby that is definitely lol.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2009, 08:41:00 pm »
the problem with gay marriage is the problem with marriage as a whole... that it is essentially an archaic, religion based institution.   If people want to get married in a church, they can abide by whatever rules their church imposes, but the state has no business getting involved in any of this.

What should be available to all people, regardless of orientation, are civil unions -- those would convey all the legal rights and benefits that marriage confers. 

Of course, if this idea ever goes anywhere, the wingnuts will go back to accusing gays of "destroying marriage."   It should be destroyed -- at least as a government-sponsored institution.
_\|/_

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2009, 08:55:40 pm »
the problem with gay marriage is the problem with marriage as a whole... that it is essentially an archaic, religion based institution.   If people want to get married in a church, they can abide by whatever rules their church imposes, but the state has no business getting involved in any of this.

What should be available to all people, regardless of orientation, are civil unions -- those would convey all the legal rights and benefits that marriage confers. 

Of course, if this idea ever goes anywhere, the wingnuts will go back to accusing gays of "destroying marriage."   It should be destroyed -- at least as a government-sponsored institution.

that is absolutely brilliant.  love it. 

the last part is where the problem arises, tho - the wingnuts who are all caught up in the current meaning of marriage (i.e. both religious and state) won't see the benefit of a change to the status quo.  in fact, it's an attack on all they hold dear...  ::)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2009, 09:02:24 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2009, 09:21:50 pm »
[quote author=Doctor Doom link=topic=18260.msg271181#msg271181 date=123206646
the last part is where the problem arises, tho - the wingnuts who are all caught up in the current meaning of marriage (i.e. both religious and state) won't see the benefit of a change to the status quo.  in fact, it's an attack on all they hold dear...  ::)

that's true... and I think it'll never happen.  But it *should* happen.
_\|/_