Author Topic: Be Sure to Congratulate Metallica When They're in DC  (Read 10824 times)

Relaxer

Re: Be Sure to Congratulate Metallica When They're in DC
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 10:59:10 am »
Hard to assess a show when you are not that familiar with the band (I'm only familiar with the Black album). My buddy was very disappointed with the show due to the setlist. He said "nothing from St. Anger, nothing from Load, nothing from ReLoad...they basically just played all their '80s hits and ignored the albums that they've put out within the last 10 years. It's the same show from exactly 15 years ago."

That's funny because if I would've gone, I probably would have said "It was AWESOME, nothing from St. Anger, nothing from Load, nothing from ReLoad...they basically (and awesomely) just played their [cough cough] '80s hits and awesomely ignored the shitty albums that they've put out within the last 10 years."
oword

Vas Deferens

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 11:09:00 am »
He likes St. Anger for some reason. It's experimental he says??

Something is stuck in my mind now after the show, and it is:

OBEY YOUR MASTER!  I've been singing that line this morning...

Can't complain about the show since I got in free. I thought the Black album songs sounded great and that OBEY YOUR MASTER song!!!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 11:11:42 am by Everybody Knows it's JOE »
(_|_)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 11:21:27 am »
relaxer, do you like the butt on my signature?
(_|_)

Relaxer

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 11:24:02 am »
I like it very much, and no, it does not look fat in those jeans.
oword

Vas Deferens

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 11:28:37 am »
 :P

I like it very much, and no, it does not look fat in those jeans.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 12:08:00 pm by Everybody Knows it's JOE »
(_|_)

Relaxer

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2009, 12:26:22 pm »
Wait, that's not what you originally posted. Are you censoring yourself? Don't do it, run free little lamb, run free and nuzzle where you like
oword

Vas Deferens

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2009, 12:29:41 pm »
It's inappropriate... ;)

Wait, that's not what you originally posted. Are you censoring yourself? Don't do it, run free little lamb, run free and nuzzle where you like
(_|_)

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2009, 01:01:17 pm »
Hard to assess a show when you are not that familiar with the band (I'm only familiar with the Black album). My buddy was very disappointed with the show due to the setlist. He said "nothing from St. Anger, nothing from Load, nothing from ReLoad...they basically just played all their '80s hits and ignored the albums that they've put out within the last 10 years. It's the same show from exactly 15 years ago."

That's funny because if I would've gone, I probably would have said "It was AWESOME, nothing from St. Anger, nothing from Load, nothing from ReLoad...they basically (and awesomely) just played their [cough cough] '80s hits and awesomely ignored the shitty albums that they've put out within the last 10 years."

Ditto.  And BTW, "Obey your master" is Master of Puppetts.

nkotb

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2009, 01:06:08 pm »
Honestly, who wants to hear shit from the last few albums?  Give me Battery, Master of Puppets and One and that would be ticket money well-spent.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2009, 01:12:46 pm »
Master nkotb: They did all 3!   ;D  I think my buddy has seen them way too many times in the past that he wanted a different setlist this time around..

chaz: I know it's called Master of Puppets, but I just want to tell Relaxer to OBEY HIS MASTER!

Honestly, who wants to hear shit from the last few albums?  Give me Battery, Master of Puppets and One and that would be ticket money well-spent.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 01:18:48 pm by Everybody Knows it's JOE »
(_|_)

Relaxer

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2009, 04:30:08 pm »
but I just want to tell Relaxer to OBEY HIS MASTER!

oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 07:04:24 pm »

that's certainly what i'm hoping for this saturday - just scored myself some 6th row seat for the show in newark.  a metallica show in the heart of jersey - please pray for me.

for those who attended: who went on first, sword or machine head?  i definitely want to catch the sword, but could do without machine head (or are they good live?)
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 10:05:29 pm »
I have no knowledge on this, but I would suspect that the Sword would be first, followed by MH.

Hope the show is good and you have a ball. Report back, ya corn!

ONE! TWO! [riff] [riff] [rock] [rock] [own] [own]
oword

lagas

« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2009, 08:32:08 am »
sword, machine head, metallica...
mh was good, after the first three songs the singer had to get a little bit of oxygen at the side of the stage because of the physical effort...

zorra

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2009, 04:49:47 pm »

that's certainly what i'm hoping for this saturday - just scored myself some 6th row seat for the show in newark.  a metallica show in the heart of jersey - please pray for me.

for those who attended: who went on first, sword or machine head?  i definitely want to catch the sword, but could do without machine head (or are they good live?)

From my experience at the DC show, I suggest getting there early and seeing all 3 bands.  The Sword is first, and they are great with a real 70's Sabbath vibe.  Machine Head isn't my thing but they were really entertaining.  They really go over the top to get people involved, and their drummer is clearly from some superior alien race.  Plus, they did an awesome Maiden cover.  I won't spoil it and say which one.

It was my first time seeing Metallica, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but it was everything I could have hoped for.  Lots of the new album, which is great in my opinion, and then just classics otherwise, acting like the last decade never happened.

Best thing I overheard at the show from some guys behind me:  "Seriously dude, one of the best shows I've ever seen is Jimmy's Chicken Shack."