Author Topic: Brian Jonestown  (Read 6236 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Brian Jonestown
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2009, 04:01:53 pm »
Anton does look different...and not in a good way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSqaUi0ozRg

Actually, I was thinking about this look:

But thanks for posting that video. It was entertaining. Quite like sitting in on Julian's psychiatric sessions.

In a battle of the mega-egos, I'd love to see an Anton vs Julian episode.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 04:24:12 pm by Jaguar »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2009, 04:04:21 pm »
I'm thinking Pontious Pilates may be a great band name.

Why not Punchass Pilates? Or Punchass Pilots?
Pompous Pilates?

Or is that an excersise class for members of Julio's America?

redsock

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2009, 04:55:38 pm »
I think BJM's last show was the one I booked (pat on the back) back at DC9 in Summer '05. The fullest and hottest I have ever seen it at that venue. Awesome show on the heals of Dig!. Can't imagine much of the buzz from that documentary still exists though...

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2009, 05:11:23 pm »
Yeah I'd think if the iron was ever hot for BJM it would have been on the heels of Dig, though it will be interesting to see them in a bigger place, rather than backstage at Black Cat or Velvet Lounge.

I think their last album is pretty horrible though.  But I'll definately go to this show.

profile14

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2009, 09:31:50 pm »
Just got the latest club e-mail, Mouse a nice surprise, but still no word on BJM. They're playing at the Troc in Philly two days earlier, $15, not sold out.

SPARX

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2009, 10:25:13 pm »
They're one of my favorite bands and I've never seen them, so I may be a bit over anxious. Thanks.

Then you have great taste IMHO. They've been playing, but Anton does a lot more picking and choosing a few dates here and there rather than all out tours alot lately. Rmember, he has no lable bucks. If he's on at the 9:30, you'll love it. He delves into the back catolog alot as well, which is always a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

SPARX

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2009, 10:30:15 pm »
Anton does look different...and not in a good way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSqaUi0ozRg

In a battle of the mega-egos, I'd love to see an Anton vs Julian episode.

Anton would wipe the floor with  Julian. It would be ugly. There's quite the brain inside the enigma that is Anton and he doesn't mind letting you know it. Not always in a pleasant way although I've had several quite pleasant conversations with him. The man is aware.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2009, 11:09:08 pm »
Sparx, I totally agree on all points.

Julian's ego is just grandioise. Anton's is messianic!

Probably best watching this showdown on vid because it would only end with all kinds of bodily fluids splattered everywhere. Furniture, instruments, mic stands, shoes, wads of hair, spit, umbrellas... It would be truly ugly yet entertaining for those of us with a warped sense of humor.

Equally entertaining, each of their write-ups about the event afterwards.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 11:14:39 pm by Jaguar »

SPARX

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2009, 11:46:16 pm »
Sparx, I totally agree on all points.

Julian's ego is just grandioise. Anton's is messianic!

Probably best watching this showdown on vid because it would only end with all kinds of bodily fluids splattered everywhere. Furniture, instruments, mic stands, shoes, wads of hair, spit, umbrellas... It would be truly ugly yet entertaining for those of us with a warped sense of humor.

Equally entertaining, each of their write-ups about the event afterwards.

;D ;D :)

As much as I enjoy that viusual image, I'm afraid Julian would go the way of Dupek due to humiliation and that's just sad. Nobody needs a beatdown like that. Let' not burst the poor boy's bubble. He's insulated it so well. I'm sure this board is one of the highlights of his existence.  It would be just cruel to take it away. However, Julians write up would be more grammatically correct, though probably not as profound. There's only so much that you can learn from a book. Alot is learned by experience. Anton has him trumped in Spades.