Author Topic: Blitzen Trapper poster  (Read 11160 times)

jonblaze

Re: Blitzen Trapper poster
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2009, 01:05:18 pm »
Maybe it's just me but they are not a very good live band...or they pick openers that are better than them :)

Couldn't disagree more about the first part.  I thought it was one of the best sounding, best performed shows I've seen in the past year.

Bagley

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2009, 01:55:07 pm »
Am I missing something? What is the significance of the loaf of bread on the poster?...New york times compares BT to pavement, which I don't see.  They call them a "folk-rock sextet with an avant-garde bent" , an accurate assessment...I,too thought that they did not come off so well live, sounded like the records. Although, I did enjoy the transition from Black River to Lady on the Water...Didn't experience it so much this time but I remember seeing Luna at the Black Cat and getting really annoyed at the constant yammering around me....btw beards and goatees rock!

El Jefe Design

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2009, 02:23:44 pm »
It was a play on the song title "Gold for Bread"

jonblaze

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2009, 02:24:33 pm »
Am I missing something? What is the significance of the loaf of bread on the poster?

A reference to "Gold for Bread," I imagine.

walkonby

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2009, 04:13:08 pm »
i think it means the economy is about to collapse, and food, ie bread, will be worth more than money, ie gold.  traditions and systems will be reversed . . . and everyone will have beards and messed up hair.  but no more organic lagers.   :'(

El Jefe Design

« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2009, 04:40:08 pm »
yeah, that too

killsaly

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2009, 07:31:34 pm »
Everyone needs to get their horse riding skills up to par for the Thunderdome