Author Topic: Watchmen  (Read 10337 times)

Relaxer

Re: Watchmen
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2009, 09:35:40 am »
Who is Bubastis? Which one was that (in the movie)? I keep thinking it was the really fat guy in the prison but I just don't know.
oword

nkotb

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2009, 09:39:15 am »
That freaky deaky cat that was with Ozymandis.  Plays a bigger part in the book (slightly...just explains the genetics part), but including him was throwing a bone to nerds everywhere.

Who is Bubastis? Which one was that (in the movie)? I keep thinking it was the really fat guy in the prison but I just don't know.

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2009, 09:41:34 am »

she's the genetically altered cat/lynx of ozymandius. used to lure dr manhattan into that hallway...
i can't find a good photo of her from the movie or the book. *sigh*

nothx

miss pretentious

• ohai.
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2009, 09:44:07 am »
and as a followup for nerds: saturday morning watchmen

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/485797
nothx

Relaxer

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2009, 09:44:22 am »
Oh right! We were wondering about that. We just figurded it was the erotic plaything of the blond poofy guy.

I guess I should be a little more reverent here.
oword

Darth Ed

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2009, 11:23:11 am »
I don't think the acting was horrible. Certainly not Jackie Earle Haley who was perfect as Rorschach. I kind of actually like Malin Ackerman as Laurie. Her scene on Mars worked for me emotionally, and her chemistry with Patrick Wilson (Dan a.k.a. Nite Owl II) was good. Plus she really looked like Laurie. Her scene at the end with her mother was flat though, but that's not the best written scene either. The main objection I have with the cast is Matthew Goode as Ozymandias. The film desperately needed someone more substantial in that role.

K8teebug

« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2009, 11:53:02 am »
She looked good, but her acting was oh so bad.

Rorschach was the only thing keeping me from walking out of the film. 

I'm surprised that so many people here liked it.

Samantha

« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2009, 12:48:03 am »
Whoops I forgot to weigh in, cause I know you were all so anxious to hear my review.  ;)

I thought it was great, for what it was.  It was literally the comic book coming to life for me (visually).  EXCEPT FOR OZYMANDIAS.  I called it.  He nearly ruined the whole movie for me.  Nite Owl was perfect, Rorschach was perfect.  I want to be Silhouette for Halloween.  I can't even think about the Comedian without swooning...HOLY MOSES, I hated him in the comic (you know, as a "villain"...) but in the movie...RAWR!  He can impregnate and shoot me any time.  (Current desktop wallpaper is the Comedian lighting his cigar with the flamethrower.  I've stopped going to my desktop because it debilitates me each time.)  Music was awful.  Whoever's responsible for the Hallelujah sex scene should be punished.  Don't know why people have a problem with Manhattan though?  I mean, it's a "flat" character, what was he expected to be?