Author Topic: Miley Cyrus threatens to "ruin" Radiohead  (Read 16995 times)

Mobius

Re: Miley Cyrus threatens to "ruin" Radiohead
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 10:23:57 am »
so because kanye and/or miley are fans they should expect someone to want to meet them??  that's just narcissism and they're blaming the other guy for not feeding their narcissism.

sonickteam2

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 11:30:14 am »
so because kanye and/or miley are fans they should expect someone to want to meet them??  that's just narcissism and they're blaming the other guy for not feeding their narcissism.

Excellently put.  Who would want to meet Kanye West anyway, he's the worlds biggest "douche".

Hell, if Kanye West came to my plant and wanted to meet me, i'd snub him too.  and I aint even that cool.

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 11:55:15 am »
Hell, if Kanye West came to my plant and wanted to meet me, i'd snub him too.  and I aint even that cool.

Rick Astley came by my workplace back in '87. When "Never Gonna Give You Up" was on the charts. Shoulda gotta picture. Shoulda gotta picture....
😐 🎶

nkotb

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 12:06:41 pm »
I'd give Kanye less slack because he's a grown ass man (in age, anyway), but for fuck's sake, Miley is a 15 year old girl that wanted to meet a band she's a fan with.  Of course RH have every right to snub her, but I'm guessing it's less of a "we don't do that" and more of a "we don't want our photo taken with someone so obviously not in our cool stratosphere."  It's lame.

Besides, this guy is a fucking ton cooler than Thom will ever be...and hedon't seem to be on any bullshit high horse:

sonickteam2

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 12:11:28 pm »
Of course RH have every right to snub her, but I'm guessing it's less of a "we don't do that" and more of a "we don't want our photo taken with someone so obviously not in our cool stratosphere."  It's lame.

because you know Thom personally? 

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 12:11:49 pm »
My guess is that Radiohead had dozens of these requests at The Grammys.  They were probably the most in-demand group there.  I'll bet that was just their stock answer to just about everyone.    And note that it's "her people asked their people."  It's not like she called Thom personally and he said no.   I kind of feel bad for her, but I wouldn't read too much into it on Radiohead's side of things.    That's showbiz.

nkotb

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 12:21:06 pm »
Why yes...yes I do  ;D

Of course RH have every right to snub her, but I'm guessing it's less of a "we don't do that" and more of a "we don't want our photo taken with someone so obviously not in our cool stratosphere."  It's lame.

nkotb

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 12:21:45 pm »
Actually, I hope the assessment that this is a mockery of Kanye is true.  That would be killer.

I kind of feel bad for her, but I wouldn't read too much into it on Radiohead's side of things.    That's showbiz.

sonickteam2

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 12:31:49 pm »
Why yes...yes I do  ;D

you think you can arrange a meeting? i'd love to meet Radiohead! lolz

godsshoeshine

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2009, 01:01:09 pm »
"According to Reuters, the VH1 Storytellers filming came five days after West was supposedly snubbed backstage at the Grammys by Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke. West has constantly declared his love of Radiohead and especially Yorke?s solo album The Eraser. ?I don?t listen to rap in my apartment, I listen to Thom Yorke,? Yeezy posted in November 2008. But the snub perturbed the 808s rapper. ?So when he performed at the Grammys, I sat the fuck down,?

pretty sure she was making fun of that
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/27/kanye-wests-vh1-storytellers-wont-air-rappers-radiohead-diss-chris-brown-support/
wow, if she's making jokes, thats pretty awesome
o/\o

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2009, 01:19:01 pm »
I don't understand why, if she was in fact sitting 4 rows behind them as she claimed, she didn't just get up during one of the commercials, walk 12 feet, and stick out her hand for a handshake and say she's a big fan. I doubt Thom Yorke would've crossed his arms and refused to make eye contact.

sonickteam2

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2009, 01:34:32 pm »
I don't understand why, if she was in fact sitting 4 rows behind them as she claimed, she didn't just get up during one of the commercials, walk 12 feet, and stick out her hand for a handshake and say she's a big fan. I doubt Thom Yorke would've crossed his arms and refused to make eye contact.

because she didnt want to "meet" them , she wanted a big dumb photo op with them so she could perhaps appeal to some other demographic or gain some adult cred.  as Mobius said , pure narcissism.

Arthwys

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2009, 03:09:12 pm »
"According to Reuters, the VH1 Storytellers filming came five days after West was supposedly snubbed backstage at the Grammys by Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke. West has constantly declared his love of Radiohead and especially Yorke?s solo album The Eraser. ?I don?t listen to rap in my apartment, I listen to Thom Yorke,? Yeezy posted in November 2008. But the snub perturbed the 808s rapper. ?So when he performed at the Grammys, I sat the fuck down,?

pretty sure she was making fun of that
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2009/02/27/kanye-wests-vh1-storytellers-wont-air-rappers-radiohead-diss-chris-brown-support/

In other news, Kanye West is sometimes referred to as Yeezy.  Um, right.  That's the definition of hip right there.
Emrys

Relaxer

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2009, 04:12:16 pm »
Besides, this guy is a fucking ton cooler than Thom will ever be...and hedon't seem to be on any bullshit high horse:

Well, Watt can't really snub her because he played on her album.
But I kind of agree with you that it's douchy. C'mon guys, meeting people is easy!
oword

killsaly

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2009, 04:20:10 pm »
Excellently put.  Who would want to meet Kanye West anyway, he's the worlds biggest "douche".
QFT. How did that douche get famous in the first place?  He is an asshole who makes shitty music.