Author Topic: Lollapalooza Lineup  (Read 69164 times)

wml7

Re: Lollapalooza Lineup
« Reply #75 on: August 06, 2009, 05:40:45 pm »
In Chicago now.  Going to check out the Decemberists and Heartless Bastards at the metro tonight.  Hopefully the weather holds up this weekend and hopefully no rain.  Don't want it to be like last week at APW.  The weather is nice here today.  Not so much so in Virginia this morning.

walkonby

« Reply #76 on: August 06, 2009, 07:54:38 pm »
In Chicago now.  Going to check out the Decemberists and Heartless Bastards at the metro tonight.  Hopefully the weather holds up this weekend and hopefully no rain.  Don't want it to be like last week at APW.  The weather is nice here today.  Not so much so in Virginia this morning.

dude, are you going fo the 2009 concert hall of fame . . . or what?

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #77 on: August 06, 2009, 09:57:53 pm »

Haha, Azgahal wins the Lifetime Achievement Award... "For seeing over 4000 musical acts, 8 of which people have actually heard of..."

I kid cause I love.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #78 on: August 06, 2009, 11:20:37 pm »

Haha, Azgahal wins the Lifetime Achievement Award... "For seeing over 4000 musical acts, 8 of which people have actually heard of..."

I kid cause I love.

Actually, based on another forum members twitter feed, azgahal and wml7 have a lot of catching up to do to take this award from them...
T.Rex

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #79 on: August 06, 2009, 11:32:49 pm »
Snailhook?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2009, 01:34:26 am »
nope
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2009, 02:08:31 am »

HA no way!!  There are some other board members on here that seems like they go to shows every day.   ;D  I'm far from that league.  Just got back from the Decemberists show.  Pretty good as they played songs that fans actually picked them to play.  Not like Flaming Lips with pitchfork but actual fan picks.  They played a new song that has never been played before either.  Can't recall the name of the song off the top of my head.  Hopefully they will play it again at lolla but I think they are just doing the hazard stuff like from the tour.  Great show overall with heartless bastards opening.  ;D

wml7

« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2009, 03:13:47 am »

nkotb

« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2009, 07:12:33 am »
ixkpd-bk or whatever his handle is, I'm guessing.  Dude's "This Weeks Roll Call" posts are generally 5 shows in 4 states in 3 time zones.

Snailhook?

wml7

« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2009, 08:48:50 am »
yes that guy is all over the place  ;D

wml7

« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2009, 08:54:20 am »
looks like it's going to be a rain day today  :o  wet cat photo anyone  ;D

Vas Deferens

« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2009, 12:57:25 pm »
raining here now.

looks like I'll be seeing Hey Champ, Black Joe, Gaslight Anthem, Heartless Bastards, Ben Folds, Fleet Foxes, Decemberists, Andrew Bird, and Depeche Mode.

(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2009, 01:26:17 pm »
looks like it's going to be a rain day today  :o  wet cat photo anyone  ;D

<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2009, 10:25:33 pm »
It's been nice and sunny all day today here in Ocean City.  ;D

Of course, all of the music options suck ass.

wml7

« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2009, 11:34:50 pm »
ok back from day 1.  Talk about a day of non stop freaking rain.  It let up just around 7 or so just in time for the main headliners.  Pretty good first day.  Saw shit load of bands.  Wanted to see Crystal Castles at 5 but they were way on the other side of everything and it was just rainy and miserable to head over.  Only band I hadn't seen before for day 1 was Depeche Mode and of course Crystal Castles.  They were pretty good expectations met.  Now time for Band Of Horses after show at House Of Blues.   ;D  I think I saw some people today that looked like that cat.  :o