Author Topic: Lollapalooza Lineup  (Read 69159 times)

wml7

Re: Lollapalooza Lineup
« Reply #90 on: August 08, 2009, 10:46:04 am »
last song of the night for Depeche Mode  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FS_mATj294Y&feature=channel_page

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #91 on: August 08, 2009, 11:06:22 am »
or more like this one?

<sig>

eltee

« Reply #92 on: August 08, 2009, 11:23:14 am »
Not so much so in Virginia this morning.
It wasn't too bad and it passed - we had the most gorgeous day yesterday. Sorry to hear about the rain. Hopefully things are better than APW, however. Thanks for the link to Decemberists. There are a few better ones available too. Any streams to Lolla? (wasn't there one in previous years?)

eros

« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2009, 11:59:46 am »
Saw...

Hey Champ
Black Joe
Gaslight Anthem
Ben Folds
Thievery
Depeche Mode
Arctic Monkeys (at the Metro)

Pretty good day considering the weather.  Got way down in front for DM, but I felt like they kind of mailed it in.  Dave Gahan kept holding up his mike for the crowd to sing rather than do the choruses himself.  I think they had another encore to do, but never came out.
ʎɐʍou

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2009, 07:58:01 pm »
Any streams to Lolla? (wasn't there one in previous years?)

in past years, AT&T's blueroom streamed lolla but they aren't this year.  looks like lolla is going it alone: http://lollapalooza.com/2009_files/webcast.html
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 08:03:18 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2009, 11:04:00 pm »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2009, 11:20:47 pm »
are you implying that you are teaching me about posting lolcats?

*if* so: newsflash, you are the second wave  :-*
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2009, 11:31:40 pm »
are you implying that you are teaching me about posting lolcats?

*if* so: newsflash, you are the second wave  :-*

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #98 on: August 08, 2009, 11:58:03 pm »
<sig>

wml7

« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2009, 12:03:03 am »
back from day two.  hot one today.  I would rather have a scorcher then flood zone.  Surprise band of the day for me is Mike Snow and the Constantines.  Never seen either of them before and they were pretty good.  Worst disaster ever is Animal Collective dj set.  Those fuckers were like over a hour late or so and I still didn't get to watch them.  Got to the new dj area early and they were up there messing around.  The dj before them was pretty good but what was Animal Collective doing?  People were getting restless or maybe that was me.  They kept puting on their headphones taking them off and putting them back on.  An hour into it I gave up and had to go catch Gomez.  Overall good second day.  Any of the guys that are at Lollapalooza try to catch the dj set?  What the heck happened?

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #100 on: August 10, 2009, 12:10:03 pm »
Anyone manage to see Them Crooked Vultures?

wml7

« Reply #101 on: August 10, 2009, 01:09:21 pm »
day three had to be the best day of the festival.  Very good lineup and everyone was great.  I really liked Friendly Fires.  They got the crowd moving.  Kaiser Chiefs were pretty good too.  Never really listend to Bat For Lashes before but she put on a great show.  Mix of Tori Amos meets Bjork I guess.  Lou Reed wasn't too bad.  He was late getting on so that kind of pushed Band Of Horses back from playing.  He was having so much problem with his guitar and the sound.  We could all see he was getting frustrated at times and at one point he just threw his guitar to the ground.  Band of Horses was awesome.  Great set and I left to go catch Janes Addiction when they said "that was loud wasn't it? let's try and blow this shit up"  So pretty much they were playing at the same time as Janes so it sounded like who coulld play the loudest.  Janes was actually really good.  I saw them at Merrieweather and thought they were meh after NIN opened up.  However, they were awesome at Lolla.  Perry is a pretty good showman.  He also closed out with Jane Says with special guest Joe Perry.  Cam died on me for Janes so only got snippets of stuff.  Overally another great Lolla.  One of my favorite festivals to go to.  Now back to work, great, just great  ;D

eros

« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2009, 08:47:44 pm »
Agree that Sunday was very strong.

Friendly Fires
Kaiser Chiefs (probably my favorite show of the weekend)
Vampire Weekend (disappointing)
Cold War Kids
Snoop
Silversun Pickups (also very good)
Killers

I was surprised how much I actually enjoyed the Killers.  They've come a long way since I last saw them.

They were doing a lot of filming for every band.  There's a special on Saturday on Fuse and apparently a 3-D documentary to follow.

All in all, another great weekend in Chicago.  Really crowded, but everything seems to run very smoothly.

ʎɐʍou

walkonby

« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2009, 09:05:11 pm »
Agree that Sunday was very strong.

Friendly Fires
Kaiser Chiefs (probably my favorite show of the weekend)
Vampire Weekend (disappointing)
Cold War Kids
Snoop
Silversun Pickups (also very good)
Killers

I was surprised how much I actually enjoyed the Killers.  They've come a long way since I last saw them.

They were doing a lot of filming for every band.  There's a special on Saturday on Fuse and apparently a 3-D documentary to follow.

All in all, another great weekend in Chicago.  Really crowded, but everything seems to run very smoothly.

is it just me . . . or does it appear like 5 million men, and 1 chick showed up.

redsock

« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2009, 11:02:23 am »
Kosmo, were you talking about me? I saw 56 bands this weekend, albeit some no more than 3 songs, but always at least 3 songs. I was really impressed by how well the festival was run. Cheap food, lots of water and bathroom areas, and only a few areas where sound bled across to another stage.

Seeing Depeche Mode was a highlight, even if some of their performance was a little mailed in. Bat for Lashes was awesome, can't wait till Saturday to see her inside. Miike Snow and Hey Champ both impressed me, as did Rise Against and Silversun Pickups. And seeing Tool grind like a machine at night with their visuals was pretty damn cool, fan of the band or not.

Let downs were Lou Reed, both running late and looking like a cadaver up there. The Decemberists just playing Hazards of Love, even though i knew they would. And not being able to deal with the crowds at Santigold. Very happy three days for me.