Author Topic: My position on scalping...  (Read 61270 times)

hutch

Re: My position on scalping...
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2009, 10:55:55 am »
OK hutch...you can go back to your delusions of adequacy and pointless ramplings on the politics and injust practices the 9:30 has perpetrated upon you.

Listen this thread was started by Seth and its about scalping.

WHy don't you go back to school and learn how to spell?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2009, 10:58:03 am »
beer: virtually limitless supply, can be consumed at almost any time, and is sold by many vendors.

tickets to a show: none of the above.

next.
<sig>

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #107 on: September 02, 2009, 10:59:55 am »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #108 on: September 02, 2009, 11:00:50 am »
Now that the old spelling trump card has been pulled I know I am truly backed into a corner.

hutch

« Reply #109 on: September 02, 2009, 11:03:02 am »
Now that the old spelling trump card has been pulled I know I am truly backed into a corner.
;D ok thats funny.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #110 on: September 02, 2009, 11:03:38 am »
I am not making any statements for what I think prices should be on a damn thing, but it is indeed the buyer who sets the market price.  A seller can ask what the heck he wants.  You have the buyer has the dollars in your hand.  You determine if something is worth the price being asked.  If something is being offered at a price you think it is worth, buy it, if not, don't.

WHat market? One seller is not a market!

It is the SELLER in a monopoly environment that determines the price. Or you think the 930 does not determine the price of the beer they sell? Since there is no possible competitor its a "take it or leave it" situation.

You are WAY too angry to have an intelligent discussion on this topic.  The fallacies in your argument are numerous, starting perhaps with invalid premise and continuing to irrelevant conclusion and straw man.  Others as well exist.  It really boils down to one simple thing.  If you think someone is charging too much, keep your money in your pocket.  If enough people agree with you, prices will change.  End of story.  I'm out.
FUKIT

James Ford

« Reply #111 on: September 02, 2009, 11:06:28 am »
Anyways the topic was started by Seth who is against ticket scalping. I think comparing ticket scalping to gouging people on beer sales is not a very good comparison.

With all these things coming out about promoters etc acting in concert with scalpers there may emerge some concensus on the need to do something.. I thought I saw a paper today with a cover about the Redskins now scalping tickets.. now you got the Van Halen story..add that to the Springsteen, the ticketmaster-Live Nation proposed merger and maybe there will be some sort of reaction to finally do something..

consensus

hutch

« Reply #112 on: September 02, 2009, 11:19:54 am »
I am not making any statements for what I think prices should be on a damn thing, but it is indeed the buyer who sets the market price.  A seller can ask what the heck he wants.  You have the buyer has the dollars in your hand.  You determine if something is worth the price being asked.  If something is being offered at a price you think it is worth, buy it, if not, don't.

It is the SELLER in a monopoly environment that determines the price. Or you think the 930 does not determine the price of the beer they sell? Since there is no possible competitor its a "take it or leave it" situation.

You are WAY too angry to have an intelligent discussion on this topic.  The fallacies in your argument are numerous, starting perhaps with invalid premise and continuing to irrelevant conclusion and straw man.  Others as well exist.  It really boils down to one simple thing.  If you think someone is charging too much, keep your money in your pocket.  If enough people agree with you, prices will change.  End of story.  I'm out.

People are going to buy beer at rock shows regardless of price. People will often buy something even if they think they are being charged too much.

The fallacies are on your side my friend: 1) there is no market for beer at the 930, 2) Just because people buy something doesn't mean they don' think they are being charged too much. Or you've never overpaid for any item in your life?

The fact that people buy something doesn't make gouging right.

Anyways, to me this thread is about scalping and I said as much that beer prices are not really relevant to that discussion.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 11:21:50 am by hutch »

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #113 on: September 02, 2009, 11:21:53 am »

People are going to buy beer at rock shows regardless of price. People will often buy something even if they think they are being charged too much.

The fallacies are on your side my friend: 1) there is no market for beer at the 930, 2) Just because people buy something doesn't mean they dont't hink they are being charged too much.

The fact that people buy something doesn't make gouging right.

Anyways, to me this thread is about scalping and I said as much that beer prices are not really relevant to that discussion.

Hasty Generalization, Fallacy of Equivocation
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #114 on: September 02, 2009, 11:26:50 am »
Ayways ticket scalping is bad.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 11:36:05 am by hutch »

wml7

« Reply #115 on: September 02, 2009, 12:06:30 pm »
yes it's very very bad anyone want to buy a yeah yeah yeahs ticket for 100 dollars?  ;D

chaz

« Reply #116 on: September 02, 2009, 12:16:05 pm »

Go back to school and learn how to spell.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #117 on: September 02, 2009, 12:20:33 pm »

It's even funnier because he edited the post, and still missed the typo.

chaz

« Reply #118 on: September 02, 2009, 12:29:04 pm »

Normally I don't nitpick over spelling...but shit if he's gonna get pissy with me on spelling I'd expect him live up to the standards he expects from us.

hutch

« Reply #119 on: September 02, 2009, 12:32:25 pm »

Normally I don't nitpick over spelling...but shit if he's gonna get pissy with me on spelling I'd expect him live up to the standards he expects from us.

You go boy!