Author Topic: All Points West  (Read 6047 times)

Got Haggis?

All Points West
« on: March 30, 2009, 07:02:04 am »
Friday, July 31: Beastie Boys, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Vampire Weekend, The National, Fleet Foxes, MSTRKRFT, Q-Tip, The Pharcyde, Organized Konfusion, The Knux, Ra Ra Riot, Seasick Steve, Telepathe, Shearwater, Heartless Bastards, Flying Lotus, College Humor Live, Arj Barker, Eugene Mirman and Bo Burnham.

Saturday, August 1: Tool, My Bloody Valentine, Gogol Bordello, Arctic Monkeys, Neko Case, The Ting Tings, Yelle, Crystal Castles, St. Vincent, Tokyo Police Club, The Cool Kids, Kool Keith, Cage the Elephant, Chairlift, White Rabbits, Electric Touch, The Postelles, Black Gold, College Humor Live, Tim & Eric, Judah Friedlander and Jim Jeffries.

Sunday, August 2: Coldplay, Echo & The Bunnymen, MGMT, The Black Keys, Elbow, Silversun Pickups, Mogwai, We Are Scientists, Ghostland Observatory, The Gaslight Anthem, Etienne De Crecy, Lykke Li, Akron/Family, Steel Train, Kitty, Daisy & Lewis, College Humor Live, Janeane Garofalo, Michael Showalter and Todd Barry

Tickets for ALL POINTS WEST go on sale Friday, April 3 at 12 Noon (ET) via www.ticketmaster.com only. Single day tix are $89 and three day passes are $199 for a limited time. The same layaway plan that Goldenvoice successfully implemented with a variety of their festivals this year will also be available for APW. Festival-goers now have the option to purchase 3-day festival tickets and 3-day parking passes on a payment plan. Layaway options (available online ONLY through May 29) are as follows: the 50% down payment option allows purchasers to pay a 50% deposit of the total order now, with the remaining 50% automatically deducted July 3; a multiple payment plan whereby purchasers initially pay 10% of the total order, with the remaining amounts automatically deducted in equal payments on May 4, June 3 and July 3. A portion of the event's proceeds will benefit "Friends of Liberty State Park." The Friends of Liberty State Park is an open space advocacy volunteer organization dedicated to the park's future as a free, green and non-commercial, urban waterfront oasis.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 07:03:54 am by Got Haggis? »

PigIron

Re: All Points West
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 08:20:59 am »
Virgin Festival, you can do better.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 09:46:12 am »
- MBV: is the band going to have to adhere to festival-imposed sound limits?  if they play at their traditional volume, they'll blow away anyone else playing at that time.  i have this same question for coachella.  i'm also willing to bet MBV will be headlining the second stage at VFest.

- silversun pickups: yeay!  good to see they are touring this summer.

Tickets for ALL POINTS WEST go on sale Friday, April 3 at 12 Noon (ET) via www.ticketmaster.com only. Single day tix are $89 and three day passes are $199 for a limited time.

for those who can't wait and need to lock in the cheaper tix: presale 4/02 @ Noon - Midnight, password: WRXP.
<sig>

MonkeyPants

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 09:53:35 am »

- silversun pickups: yeay!  good to see they are touring this summer.

here's hoping that they play more than just festival shows...

p.s. what's with the posting presale passwords on the now totally-open-to-the-public forum?
PANTS

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2009, 09:57:12 am »
This lineup is way better than last years.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2009, 10:04:04 am »
Thinking about going Saturday and Sunday ! 
(_|_)

sonickteam2

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2009, 10:12:03 am »
   seriously? this festival sucks it.  least fun i ever had at a festival. and fucking Radiohead was playing.

It would be better if they held it at Nissan or DAR.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 10:37:50 am »
Well it's the cheaper way to see MBV. I can fly to Coachella for $250, but since megabus tickets are going for $2.50 roundtrip right now...it's deal! :P

Plus, Sunday has Etienne de Crecy :)

seriously? this festival sucks it.  least fun i ever had at a festival. and fucking Radiohead was playing.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 10:43:12 am by wanderlust j. sweetcheex »
(_|_)

serpent boy

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 10:40:35 am »
None of the headliners really grab my attention. I wouldn't mind seeing Beastie Boys again, but Tool is just boring. I've never seen Coldplay, but I've had many chances.

The mid-card acts, though, are pretty great. Arctic Monkeys, Black Keys, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The National, Fleet Foxes, My Bloody Valentine, Silversun Pickups, The Ting Tings, Lykke Li, Echo & The Bunnymen (hopefully not pulling an HFStival again), Ghostland Observatory. Wow.

Plus, they have Michael Showalter! Any alumnus of The State is worth seeing.

I'm not sure if V-Fest will match the mid-card acts, but I'm pretty sure its headliners will be better.

sonickteam2

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 10:48:46 am »
Well it's the cheaper way to see MBV. I can fly to Coachella for $250, but since megabus tickets are going for $2.50 roundtrip right now...it's deal! :P

Plus, Sunday has Etienne de Crecy :)

tru. well, one thing i noticed was that Coachella got better and better as years went on. the 2nd year (1st year i went) was bad. took forever to get in, parking was nuts, bathrooms were horrible, etc, but year after year, they improved.

I dont know what was up with the beer rule though, that was the most ridiculous thing ever.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 11:25:53 am »
Wow they stepped their shit up from last year. Surprised to see no Chromeo, outside of that this is almost perfect. I hate to say I'm not gonna wait for Vfest but this is pretty intriguing. Is Vfest gonna do that thing where they wait to announce theirs?
‼‼?‼‼

redsock

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2009, 11:27:03 am »
Plus, they have Michael Showalter! Any alumnus of The State is worth seeing.

I'm not sure if V-Fest will match the mid-card acts, but I'm pretty sure its headliners will be better.

Can i just use this as an opportunity to ask the question, why does indie rock and comedy have to mix? If I wanted to hear some guy do stand-up, whoever the hell he is, i'll go to the fucking Improv. I just don't get it, and it frankly detracts from me wanting to go to an event where comedians are involved. You don't see musicians showing up to play at a comedy festival do you?

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2009, 11:28:08 am »
Ill be there for the Sunday show. Was tempted to buy a 3-day pass, but just doesnt seem worth it since Ive gotta work on Friday. Im sad to be missing Electric Touch on Saturday, but Im sure a chunk of these bands will be playing somewhere in the city.
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2009, 11:30:04 am »
p.s. what's with the posting presale passwords on the now totally-open-to-the-public forum?

this isn't a 930/IMP presale, it's a NYC radio station presale... thus i have no qualms about posting it here.  i would have refrained if it was something that was directly associated with this bboard.  also, this is a NYC festival... while some DC folks will trek up for this, i think its appeal is limited.

This lineup is way better than last years.

agreed, but that wasn't hard to do - last year was all about radiohead and, really, only about radiohead.  underworld was really really good, but otherwise the rest of the festival was forgettable.  this year's line-up actually looks like a properly thought-out festival, instead of last years "how can we upsell radiohead" marketing ploy. 

the festival organizers have stated that they "learned a lot" from last year and will address the major concerns this time 'round, most notably beer sales and transportation.  remains to be seen what they actually do.  for beer sales they might have more bars so you can get a drink faster, but since it's a state park they'll need some serious negotiatin' skillz to placate state officials.  according to the rules, no alcohol at all should be served there, so last year's 5-drink-max was already a concession.  on the transportation front, i read that they might be ditching some of the "greeness" of last years festie and letting more people drive & park this year.  amazing what happens when thom isn't telling you how to run your festival.
<sig>

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 11:41:00 am »
on the transportation front, i read that they might be ditching some of the "greeness" of last years festie and letting more people drive & park this year.  amazing what happens when thom isn't telling you how to run your festival.

well this is great news - not that ive taken the light rail but NJT usually seems fairly reliable.
The light rail will be free for all festival attendees. Your festival ticket will act as your light rail ticket.

And since I can get there easily from the PATH for all of $2 my transpo costs are near free.
HeyLa