Author Topic: American Idol  (Read 14095 times)

walkonby

Re: American Idol
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 09:40:36 am »
you know they released today that adam lost by the largest amount of votes in idol history.  strange how someone was the front runner from day one to day last, just to be beat at the end that way.  almost as if america (or a rigged contest who can't have a queer be the product) voted for a "specific" reason.  wow, gotta suck to be that guy who won . . . forever people will come up to him and say, "you know, you only won idol because you weren't gay.  adam is the one who really had the talent."

now the horse is beat.  the end.

vansmack

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 12:27:24 pm »
Anyone who wrote this article without once mentioning Danny Gokey is clearly not watching the show...

..it was widely seen as the showdown between the gay guy and the Christian guy, with a judgment to be rendered by middle America.

Anyhow, Idol has an actual voting block problem that I don't think it can fix with the popularity of Votefortheworst.com - it was no big deal when it kept Sanjay in the contest, but now that they've made a point to affect the outcome of every show, there's not much that can be done to stop them.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2009, 12:37:29 pm »
Who gives a shit? The show is pure garbage.

vansmack

« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2009, 12:39:22 pm »

Says the guy who clicked the "American Idol" thread despite not giving a shit....
27>34

eros

« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2009, 12:43:02 pm »

Says the guy who clicked the "American Idol" thread despite not giving a shit....

ʎɐʍou

bkrome

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2009, 12:59:01 pm »
Adam might be a better singer but Kris is much more marketable to the Idol fan base.  Kris will have more success than most idol winners.  He falls into the Jason Mraz/John Mayer genre which is extremely marketable. 

Adam will be better as the lead singer in a band.  Queen should replace Paul Rogers with him.

vansmack

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2009, 01:24:29 pm »
Adam will be better as the lead singer in a band.  Queen should replace Paul Rogers with him.

I'm not as sure about your first statement (I think that type of singer has been played out to death...) but your second argument I completely agree with.  It was almost as if the Idol folks were pushing for this by having Queen on the final show.
27>34

godsshoeshine

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2009, 01:33:35 pm »
i'm sure american idol is a fine show and nothing against it or anything, but isnt saying someone's too gay to win american idol kind of like saying someones too much of a diva to win project runway?
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2009, 01:58:09 pm »
you people have a black president, now you want a gay idol??? baby steps people, baby steps...

vansmack

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2009, 01:58:42 pm »
i'm sure american idol is a fine show and nothing against it or anything, but isnt saying someone's too gay to win american idol kind of like saying someones too much of a diva to win project runway?

The Project Runway winner is not voted by the public the way American Idol is.
27>34

eros

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2009, 02:00:58 pm »

Not so much.  Idol is still relatively conservative.  Good family primetime entertainment for the heartland.

In all this time, Adam is the "edgiest" contestant I can remember (unless you count the one who was in pr0n and the one who (allegedly) banged Paula Abdul).

Being gay certainly didn't help his chances against a church choir leader.
ʎɐʍou

godsshoeshine

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2009, 02:02:51 pm »
fair enough. like i said i never watched it

judging by some of the shows i watch (projay, the hills/city) maybe its not gay enough
o/\o

hutch

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2009, 05:00:48 pm »

Thats right! I did click on the thread to tell you the show is a crap show. What of it? You got a problem with that?

vansmack

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2009, 05:05:21 pm »

Twice....that we know of.

Admit it, you're a closet watcher.
27>34

hutch

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2009, 05:28:22 pm »

Twice....that we know of.

Admit it, you're a closet watcher.

Dude, I don't even have a TV. I caught it at a friends place four years back.. the show is garbage. END OF STORY.