Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 213809 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #120 on: April 28, 2009, 10:58:50 am »
Ill be at the Devils game tonight! Cant wait (not that I like either team, but its the playoffs).

Im hoping the Rangers manage to pull this off.
HeyLa

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #121 on: April 28, 2009, 11:01:17 am »
i'm having a difficult time getting any work done today!  who's going game 7 tonight?!

LET'S GO CAPS!
I'm trying to find a pair of reasonably priced tix....130 apiece will get you in now but that's too much for me.  Hopefully prices will drop later in the day.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #122 on: April 28, 2009, 12:06:10 pm »
Wow, Brashear suspended for 6 games...one for the push during warmups and 5 for the late hit on Betts.  I don't deny that a suspension was appropriate...but doesn't this seem excessive?  Especially considering the hit that Avery gave to Jurcina with the butt of his stick with no penalty or discipline.  I guess that's the cost of having your reputation preceed you.

The great part is that Tortorella sits Avery for a game for a lack of discipline, then the next game totally loses it, thows a water bottle into the stands and brandishes a stick at the fans.

Oh well....i think this suspension and all the whining the Rangers are doing to the league will only fire the Caps up more.

Brash is a total goon and should not be in the game.  He intentionally injured a player  Broke the dude's eye socket.  Man could have easily been blinded.  Brash can hardly skate.  Looks like a tripod when he is on the ice.  I am all for a physical game and all, but Brash should have been suspended for 10-20 games for his actions.
FUKIT

sonickteam2

« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2009, 12:11:39 pm »

Oh well....i think this suspension and all the whining the Rangers are doing to the league will only fire the Caps up more.

that may be, but will it fire them  up for the first 5 games against Pittsburgh or New Jersey?

« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2009, 12:39:11 pm »
Racist.

Next thing we know, you're going to say he can't swim either.

Brash is a total goon and should not be in the game.  He intentionally injured a player  Broke the dude's eye socket.  Man could have easily been blinded.  Brash can hardly skate.  Looks like a tripod when he is on the ice.  I am all for a physical game and all, but Brash should have been suspended for 10-20 games for his actions.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #125 on: April 28, 2009, 12:44:19 pm »

that may be, but will it fire them  up for the first 5 games against Pittsburgh or New Jersey?
Well first we have to win tonight....

If we advance I feel confident the squad will be properly motivated for the next series.

shemptiness

« Reply #126 on: April 28, 2009, 01:32:15 pm »

I  have been to MSG and i quite enjoyed my experience there. I was even rooting for Boston.  no one was shouting homophobic comments. 

Remember 'Homo Larry'?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #127 on: April 28, 2009, 02:50:00 pm »
i know, right?  and have people forgetten the mcsorley scandal?!?  he was so traumatized by that attack that he doesn't even remember it.  Brashear is a victim, and is merely perpetuating the cycle that we must all work to break!  cut the man some slack, will ya? 

(just looked up his wiki page - did you know brashear is supposedly an accomplished concert pianist?  see, the man is GOOD for hockey!!!  LOL)

Racist.

<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #128 on: April 28, 2009, 02:55:26 pm »
i know, right?  and have people forgetten the mcsorley scandal?!?  he was so traumatized by that attack that he doesn't even remember it.  Brashear is a victim, and is merely perpetuating the cycle that we must all work to break!  cut the man some slack, will ya? 

(just looked up his wiki page - did you know brashear is supposedly an accomplished concert pianist?  see, the man is GOOD for hockey!!!  LOL)

Racist.

its amazing Brashear has only been banged in the back of the head with a stick once.  Funny when you spend your career antagonizing people, then someone strikes back and you're all upset about it.

sonickteam2

« Reply #129 on: April 28, 2009, 02:58:24 pm »
also from Brashear's wiki page:

"Since the lockout came to an end, Brashear has had trouble adjusting to the new, more wide-open game. After a game in which he went after Darius Kasparitis who had taken a run at Peter Forsberg earlier in the game, he said he did not like the "new" NHL stating that you can't do anything anymore."

yeah, they took the passing, shooting, scoring, skating part and threw it right out the window!

oh wait....

sonickteam2

« Reply #130 on: April 28, 2009, 11:14:33 pm »
well, i am just trying to wrap my head around the awesomeness that i watched Verizon Center over the weekend....but i'll go first.

I dont like to pick series length really but i'll try

Boston wins in 5
  Washington wins in 7
  Carolina wins in 7
  Pittsburgh wins in 6

San Jose wins in 7
  Detroit wins in 5
  Vancouver wins in 6
  Chicago sweeps Calgary (i have to pick one sweep, right?)

round 1 is over, and i missed the east by one measly game and truthfully its only because i hate to call my own team for a sweep.

I should have put money on those picks.

Round 2

Bruins in 5
  Penguins in 6 

Red Wings in 5
  Vancouver in 7 (though i'd so like the Hawks to win it and i love the Luongo/Khabibulin matchup)

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:17:16 pm by back to sonick »

Chip Chanko

« Reply #131 on: April 28, 2009, 11:33:48 pm »
LET'S GO IRISH!!! (i mean caps)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #132 on: April 29, 2009, 12:34:23 am »
We move on...

Round 2:
EAST
1] Boston
6] Carolina

2] Washington
4] Pittsburgh

WEST
2] Detroit
8] Anaheim

3] Vancouver
4] Chicago

Pick your winners and number of games each series will go.
FUKIT

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #133 on: April 29, 2009, 12:35:30 am »
EAST
Boston 6
Pittsburgh 6

WEST
Detroit 5
Chicago 7
FUKIT

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #134 on: April 29, 2009, 01:04:28 am »
wow, way to give up a game (and a series, and a season...) in 90 seconds.  nice work, devils.

here to hoping that my predictions are better in the second round.  first round was OK, but i wouldn't have made any money betting on my first round picks.

boston in 5

pitt in 6

detroit sweeps (in order to fulfill my "sweep" requirement, and to piss off smax... although i doubt this will happen)

vanc in 7
<sig>