Author Topic: Stanley Cup Picks  (Read 213808 times)

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
Re: Stanley Cup Picks
« Reply #300 on: May 09, 2009, 09:53:29 pm »
Now we have a series.  The first road win of the match up comes in game number five.  Can the boys from DC make another come back and win out?  We shall see!
FUKIT

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #301 on: May 10, 2009, 07:52:54 pm »
3-2 isn't a series, and both of these teams are talented enough to come back from 3-2 down, but man, I'm glad the Wings are up 3-2 instead of down 3-2!! I can sleep easy until Tuesday.

LOVING the predicted final four with Detroit/Chicago and Carolina/Pittsburgh.

sonickteam2

« Reply #302 on: May 10, 2009, 11:09:39 pm »
3-2 isn't a series, and both of these teams are talented enough to come back from 3-2 down, but man, I'm glad the Wings are up 3-2 instead of down 3-2!! I can sleep easy until Tuesday.

LOVING the predicted final four with Detroit/Chicago and Carolina/Pittsburgh.

now why would Carolina / Pittsburgh be betting than Boston / Pittsburgh????   btw, Carolina got all out smoked tonight. i hope the Bruins are out of hibernation.

godsshoeshine

« Reply #303 on: May 11, 2009, 08:20:15 am »
hm, i took ratbastards quote to say "now we have a (really compelling) series" rather than "now the pens have the series won" but in any event, it is certainly not over

however i like what i saw the past 3 games. other than gonchar's injury
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #304 on: May 11, 2009, 08:35:25 am »
hm, i took ratbastards quote to say "now we have a (really compelling) series" rather than "now the pens have the series won" but in any event, it is certainly not over

i thnk thats how he meant it.  which i find funny, that its not a series until his team is up. 

godsshoeshine

« Reply #305 on: May 11, 2009, 08:51:49 am »
would have been a better post after game 4, but everyone has their homer glasses on now
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #306 on: May 11, 2009, 08:56:52 am »
i have my evil Pittsburgh glasses on tonight!

godsshoeshine

« Reply #307 on: May 11, 2009, 09:08:54 am »
i can understand the caps fans (old and new) hating the pens, heck any teams fans hating the pens, but the way fat ted has tried to fuel the rivalry is hilarious 
o/\o

sonickteam2

« Reply #308 on: May 11, 2009, 09:12:54 am »
So then exactly what is it about Alex that makes you say he has no class or respect for the game? 

hmmmm.....

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2009/05/08/ovechkin-goes-knee-to-knee-on-gonchar

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #309 on: May 11, 2009, 09:17:09 am »
So then exactly what is it about Alex that makes you say he has no class or respect for the game? 

hmmmm.....

yet in the same article: "it's worth noting that Ovechkin has no history of being a dirty player. This is an exception to the rule."
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #310 on: May 11, 2009, 09:24:40 am »

hmmmm.....

yet in the same article: "it's worth noting that Ovechkin has no history of being a dirty player. This is an exception to the rule."

Ovechkin is too good a skater to be accidentally doing shit like that. I am not saying he went out to injure Gonchar.  But i played hockey for 6 years and no one shit like that only happens to poor skaters. Maybe he just got excited, i think he was being careless. but not like the league would suspend him even if it was reckless

(and fyi, sweets, i didnt read the article, just watched the video)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #311 on: May 11, 2009, 09:27:16 am »
theres a fine line between being a dirty player and being a reckless hitter. ovie certainly has that reputation
o/\o

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #312 on: May 11, 2009, 09:33:39 am »
i completely agree that it was a reckless hit and certainly no accident.  ovie is lucky he got away as lightly as he did.

i'm just not sure this incident proves the case of his "classlessness", that's all.
<sig>

sonickteam2

« Reply #313 on: May 11, 2009, 09:52:27 am »
i completely agree that it was a reckless hit and certainly no accident.  ovie is lucky he got away as lightly as he did.

i'm just not sure this incident proves the case of his "classlessness", that's all.

just seemed like the most appropriate post to reply to.  i never claimed to be some expert in who has class and who doesnt. people who do that have no class. ;)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #314 on: May 11, 2009, 10:03:31 am »
seriously, its hockey. bob pollard could play left wing for the caps and i'd find a reason to hate him

i would think ovie's slightly sinister edge is part of his appeal if hes on your team. who cares if hes "classy"
o/\o