Author Topic: Phoenix upset!  (Read 33504 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Phoenix upset!
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2009, 06:50:48 pm »
it's funny that they're going to T5 (capacity: 3000?) to RnR (capacity: 300?).

if you're on a decently fast connection and order tickets the second they go on sale, you shouldn't have a prob.

personally, i don't buy the "do a small show now to create buzz" theory.  why are they playing venues like T5 and the wiltern?!?  i chalk this up to venue availability/schedule constraints.  i certainly hope they come back in 6 months (i can't go to any show b/c of my wedding that weekend - the missus gave me the most evil look when i whined about missing this... :o) but i'm not holding my breath for it.

the RnR is always too loud.  how anyone can endure a show there without protection is beyond me.

has anyone mentioned that RnR is NOT a livenation venue?  they may have booked/promoted shows there, but it's not owned nor operated by LN.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2009, 07:55:05 pm »
Even Sonar has something on the schedule that night... Taking Back Sunday <insert your own snide remark here>

oh well guess i better be quick on the finger tomorrow

and yes i and other long time fans have a right to be a tad grumpy about the smaller venue, given we are go to have to share them with all their new biggest fans in the world.  comments like "i've never heard of Phoenix before SNL, and I been listening to them non-stop on youtube ever since, translate into this during the live show "chit chat chit chat chit chat, OOOOH THIS IS THE BEST SONG EVER, chit chat chit chat chit, OOOOOH THIS IS MY FAVORITE SONG EVER,  :P
T.Rex

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2009, 08:06:33 pm »
They're playing the Paradise in Boston, capacity 650.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 11:29:00 pm »
ok, so who wants help buying tix tomorrow?  apply within.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 11:39:34 pm »
I think it's been years since RNRH did an LN show.
احمد

Vas Deferens

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 12:06:34 am »
Never was a Live Nation venue, but I think Jeremy Enigk's show there two years ago was presented by Live Nation (during the early beginnings of RnR). That was it I believe.

I'm probably in the minority here but I love the RnR Hotel...just get there early for sold out shows ;)

I personally think it's not gonna sell out right away. Maybe not for a couple days...

I swore that the RnR had a deal with LN...is it only for some shows?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 12:15:27 am by Hello Sunshine Marshmallow! »
(_|_)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 12:37:44 am »
I personally think it's not gonna sell out right away. Maybe not for a couple minutes...

corrected.
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 12:46:04 am »
Joe, I think there were a few more LN shows there.

Now that I think about it a little more, it wouldn't totally shock me if LN had their hands in the RNRH's business somehow. They (RNRH) do often book bands that are way too big for a small venue who's been around for less than three years to be able to book. CYHSY played there fairly recently and I think OAR last december? It would just make sense for a bigger entity to be behind the scenes pulling strings. Admittedly, this theory isn't too well thought out and I have no real evidence to back it up but one can't help but wonder.

<queue Snailhook> ;)
احمد

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2009, 07:41:29 am »
So I saw this band on SNL and started asking around about them. I heard that they were a French Strokes cover band, and recently cut an album of their own material, which comes out in May. I haven't heard the album, but they were pretty good on SNL. What's the maximum number of tickets I can buy?

redsock

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2009, 09:44:26 am »
I can promise you RnR andLiveNation have nothing -- and as long as the RnR booker stays there -- will never have anything to do with each other. Blood has been spilled over that relationship. LN did do a couple shows there early on, but that was before things went down.

Joe, I think there were a few more LN shows there.

Now that I think about it a little more, it wouldn't totally shock me if LN had their hands in the RNRH's business somehow. They (RNRH) do often book bands that are way too big for a small venue who's been around for less than three years to be able to book. CYHSY played there fairly recently and I think OAR last december? It would just make sense for a bigger entity to be behind the scenes pulling strings. Admittedly, this theory isn't too well thought out and I have no real evidence to back it up but one can't help but wonder.

<queue Snailhook> ;)

godsshoeshine

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2009, 10:04:41 am »
got 2
o/\o

Tom Servo

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2009, 10:05:25 am »
I got 2 - thanks for the heads up!  I read this thread just in time...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2009, 10:07:36 am »
people cannot complain that this was a hard ticket to score - 6 minutes in and i can still pull up tickets. 
<sig>

reggie

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2009, 10:09:44 am »
ticket alternative got sloooooow but i still got two tickets. this is going to be a great show.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2009, 10:10:59 am »
got 2 as well, 8 minutes in and not sold out, so maybe Much Ado About Nothing, of course this dashes my dreams of being asked to go on tour with them as their DJ  ;)
T.Rex