Author Topic: NYC Shows/Just Announced Thread  (Read 409420 times)

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
Re: NYC Shows/Just Announced Thread
« Reply #585 on: May 23, 2011, 04:49:11 pm »
nothing has yet been announced for the weekend, but im sure governors island or somewhere around the area will have a show. prob wristbands required like years past - that you get in advance. seems like protocol these days for those shows.

Does anybody know of any free shows in NYC for July 4 weekend? I know there's always been a slew of them in the past, but don't see anything announced for this year.
HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #586 on: May 25, 2011, 03:41:07 pm »
Hallucinogen (Twisted Records, UK) *LIVE*
Brooklyn Bowl Brooklyn, NY
Sat, June 4, 2011 9:00 PM (Doors: 6:00 PM)
$15.00
21 and Over

http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event/41353/
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #587 on: May 27, 2011, 11:41:06 am »
judas priest are about to kick off their farewell/last-shows-ever tour.  closest date so far is IZOD center, NJ, on 18 november although they claim "more dates will be announced".  http://www.soundspike.com/news/tour/2233-judas_priest_concert_news_tour_dates/
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #588 on: June 14, 2011, 10:34:31 pm »
Oneida Celebrate Release of New LP All Weekend at Brooklyn's Secret Project Robot

Tue, 14 Jun 2011 14:33:34   

Oneida, Brooklyn?s long running psych-rock unit, is celebrating the release of their new
Jagjaguwar
 LP, Absolute II, with a three-day rager at Williamsburg?s Secret Project Robot this weekend. A band that has yet to repeat themselves in nearly 15 years
of existence, the trend-resistant group ?s newest release finishes their ?Thank Your Parents? trilogy that began with 2008?s Preteen Weaponry and continued
with 2009?s monster three-LP set, Rated O.  The festivities begin the evening of Friday, June 17th at 9pm when Oneida will perform Preteen Weaponry and
Rated O in their entirety. On Saturday, beginning at 2pm, the band will be hosting a BBQ and potluck before embarking on ten hours of continuous improvisation
with special guests popping in and out with a dance party to follow into "the wee hours." You might as well bring a blanky as  Oneida will be performing
Absolute II at dawn on Sunday morning with a pancake breakfast to follow. 
احمد

blipvurt

« Reply #589 on: June 15, 2011, 05:30:58 pm »
Seefeel cancelled their US tour due to Visa red-tape.

I was going to go both nights in NYC. I am extremely bummed.

killsaly

« Reply #590 on: June 25, 2011, 10:31:36 pm »
July 21
Electric Whorehouse:
Araabmuzik
White Ring
DJ Assault
DJ Rashad
Death Grips
LE1F
Blissed Out
Mykki Blanco
Mascara
Plus a bunch more.
I would absolutely love if DC would get a White Ring, Blissed Out, Mascara show...

azaghal1981

« Reply #591 on: June 28, 2011, 07:38:18 pm »
Superchunk
Off!
Limuria
7/14
House of Vans
free

I wanna go!
I think I will.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 08:38:21 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #592 on: June 30, 2011, 11:29:17 am »
Free w/RSVP.

Superchunk
Off!
Limuria
7/14
House of Vans
free

I wanna go!
I think I will.

HeyLa

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #593 on: July 12, 2011, 01:16:31 pm »
R5 Productions ✆ via icontact.com to me

Hellos -
Sorry to bombard your inbox this week but we think this is a pretty special occasion and worthy of an additional e-mail! After months of speculation, rumors, blog posts and a posted tour date or two - it comes with great pleasure that we can officially announce UNION TRANSFER, a brand new venue opening up in Center City this September! Union Transfer will hold 600 people (with a flexible capacity to accommodate more people if/when we need to) in what most people know as "the old Spaghetti Warehouse" building at 10th and Spring Garden. What most people do not know is that the building was originally an old luggage depot station in the early 1900s originally named "Union Transfer" (that made picking a name so easy!) It's a pretty dramatic space w/ sweeping arches, stained glass, old chandeliers and a whole lot of character. Along with the old furnishings we are adding what we think will be the best and biggest PA/Sound System in Philadelphia. We are thrilled to show it all off later this fall with a bunch of shows that we are really excited about.

The venue is a new joint partnership between myself, Bowery Presents (who book a ton of great shows in nyc and own a few venues of their own) and Four Corners Management (the folks who own Drinkers, Noche, Lucys and a few other bars around town). Over the next few weeks we'll be revealing lots of new shows, pictures and all sorts of other information about the venue. Two things we are really excited to tell you about off the bat : the venue will feature AIR CONDITIONING (and lots of it !) and the venue will be ALL AGES with a separate bar area for those who are 21+ and would like to drink.

You can find more information about the venue at : www.utphilly.com as well as twitter.com/UnionTransfer and facebook.com/UnionTransfer. We encourage you to follow us - so you can keep up to date with our progress and get in the know about all the new shows that we'll be bringing to Philadelphia in the fall! We just posted the first round of confirmed shows staring on September 21st with CLAP YOUR HANDS SAY YEAH (who are playing in a few weeks at XPN's big outdoor festival!) as well as shows for the likes of RJD2, WILD FLAG, GILLIAN WELCH, BORIS, SHELLAC, WE WERE PROMISED JETPACKS, WORLD INFERNO FRIENDSHIP SOCIETY, MOGWAI, CSS, FRIENDLY FIRES, THE SEA & CAKE, THE RADIO DEPT, and lots more. You can get the details for all of these shows at www.utphilly.com

Tickets for the first round of shows go on sale online this Saturday (July 16th) at noon. Tickets can also be purchased without a surcharge at our box office at AKA Music (27 N 2nd Street / right above 2nd and Market Sts)

We'll leave it at that for now. Again, lots more exciting stuff to come. Check out today's Philadelphia Inquirer for a feature story written by Dan Deluca on the brand new room and this new partnership :
http://www.philly.com/philly/entertainment/20110712_Hot_and_cool.html

Ohh one last thing..... We are still doing shows at all of our usual spaces (including The Church!). R5 Productions will still continue to exist and we'll be busier than ever with a new venue in our lineup !

Let's get psyched for the fall! Up the punks (or something?)
xo/r5
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #594 on: August 04, 2011, 01:57:45 pm »
Neon Marshmallow?the Chicago experimental music festival? will make it's NYC debut this fall at Brooklyn's Public Assembly. Founded in 2010 by musicians
Matt Kimmel and Daniel Smith, Neon Marshmallow's 2011 edition took place over three days at Chicago's Empty Bottle earlier this summer and featured performances
from a wide array of artists including guitarist
Bill Orcutt ,
Brooklyn's Telecult Powers, Detroit's
Sick Llama
 synthesizer innovator Morton Subotnick, and scores of others.  

The New York installment of Acid Marshmallow will take place October 14th through the 16th and while the full line-up is not available, we hear Tim Hecker,
Blues Control and  Rene Hell  are confirmed. We'll let you know when more details are available.
احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #595 on: August 04, 2011, 05:46:55 pm »
Shpongle (live)
Fri, Oct 28, 2011
Hammerstein Ballroom, New York, NY
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #596 on: August 26, 2011, 09:31:05 pm »
Neon Marshmallow?the Chicago experimental music festival? will make it's NYC debut this fall at Brooklyn's Public Assembly. Founded in 2010 by musicians
Matt Kimmel and Daniel Smith, Neon Marshmallow's 2011 edition took place over three days at Chicago's Empty Bottle earlier this summer and featured performances
from a wide array of artists including guitarist
Bill Orcutt ,
Brooklyn's Telecult Powers, Detroit's
Sick Llama
 synthesizer innovator Morton Subotnick, and scores of others.  

The New York installment of Acid Marshmallow will take place October 14th through the 16th and while the full line-up is not available, we hear Tim Hecker,
Blues Control and  Rene Hell  are confirmed. We'll let you know when more details are available.

Performers:
Tim Hecker
Rhys Chatham
Grouper
Phill Niblock
Alan Licht
Mark Fell
Loren Connors
Kevin Drumm
Phoenecia
Rene Hell
Blues Control
James Ferraro
The Men
Xeno & Oaklander
La Big Vic
Palmetto Moon Electronic Group
Mandelbrot & Skyy
Forma
Joe Lentini
Ryley Walker

DJs:
Veronica Vasicka
Spinoza
Ric Leichtung
Emilie Friedlander

احمد

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #597 on: August 31, 2011, 11:38:14 pm »
Sting?s 25th Anniversary Concert with Bruce Springsteen, Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder and more
Where:    Beacon Theatre, New York, NY
When:    10/1

Join Sting as he celebrates the 25th anniversary of his solo career on the eve of his 60th birthday with special guests Bruce Springsteen, Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder, Mary J. Blige, Herbie Hancock, Robert Downey Jr., Vince Gill, Will.i.am, Rufus Wainwright, Branford Marsalis, Billy Joel, and Chris Botti. All proceeds from this special concert event will support Robin Hood Foundation's mission to fight poverty in NYC.

VIP PACKAGES:
$250 Ticket(s) ($115 tax deductible)
Includes: Upper balcony seating and open bar
$500 Ticket(s) ($365 tax deductible)
Includes: Side orchestra or lower balcony seating and open bar
$1,000 Ticket(s) ($865 tax deductible)
Includes: Back orchestra or loge seating and open bar
$2,500 Ticket(s) ($2,365 tax deductible)
Includes: Left center or right center orchestra seating and open bar

ULTIMATE VIP PACKAGES:
$10,000 Ticket(s) ($9,865 tax deductible)
Includes: Prime orchestra seating, open bar and a commemorative concert poster autographed by Sting
$25,000 Ticket(s) ($24,825 tax deductible) limited availability.
Includes: One of the best seats in the house, entry into the afternoon sound check, pre-concert meet and greet with Sting, open bar and a commemorative concert poster autographed by Sting
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #598 on: August 31, 2011, 11:44:46 pm »
Might be worth going to if he promises no solo material.
احمد

xneverwherex

• Pics and more pics
« Reply #599 on: October 03, 2011, 03:39:24 pm »
Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings have been making booties shake across the continent and will continue to do so through the bulk of the fall, eventually looping back to New York for SEVEN shows, FOUR of which are in NYC. On December 6th and 7th the band will hit Music Hall of Williamsburg in Brooklyn. Then after shows in Tarrytown, Oneonta & Syracuse, they return to the city to play December 13th and 14th at Bowery Ballroom. Tickets for all four NYC shows go on AmEx presale at noon on Wed (10/5) with regular sale hitting two days later. All dates are listed below.
HeyLa