Author Topic: Yet Another Just Announced Commetary Thread  (Read 80409 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Yet Another Just Announced Commetary Thread
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2010, 11:32:17 pm »
Kings of Leon is now Bonnaroo Headliner worthy?  shakes head and plans on cursing their Superbowl set in 25 years...
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #106 on: February 18, 2010, 11:43:10 am »
pretty sure the headlining band gets some input re: ticket prices...

you believe that the headliner can tell the promoter how much they're allowed making?  essentially, how to run their business?

i don't think the headliner has anything to do with ticket prices (other than possibly asking to be paid less, and having the tickets be priced less accordingly).

Phoenix has a presale going on right now...

thanks kosmo!  better tix were on offer there last night than during this morning's 930 presale.
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #107 on: February 18, 2010, 11:58:13 pm »
So what's the deal with Florence and the Machine?  There were on the Jonathan Ross recently and were so awful, I turned them off right away.
T.Rex

hutch

« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2010, 11:50:43 am »
phoenix sold out?!?! wow!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2010, 12:44:49 pm »

did you expect otherwise?

(not that you should care - the show is at DAR! ;D)
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2010, 12:52:20 pm »

did you expect otherwise?

(not that you should care - the show is at DAR! ;D)

I don't know but DAR is a pretty big place... so yes I'm surprised...

I think as a consumer of rock concerts its my duty to stand up for my rights.... just like I do with Nissan-Jiffy Lube and their parking debacle or with the Live Nation-Ticketmaster merger...

Having said that - there are exceptions to every rule- I bought a good ticket for Phoenix.. not sure I'll use it.. I think its too pricey and might sell it to a friend.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 12:58:50 pm by hutch »

Relaxer

« Reply #111 on: February 19, 2010, 12:59:23 pm »
Somewhat random question:
Has anyone yet received their tix to see Joanna Newsom's glorious bottom at 6th and I? The envelopes they send mail-order tix in are always so non-descript and I'm afraid I threw them away and now I'll be bottom-less, Newsome-style.
oword

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2010, 03:36:27 pm »
Per Walkie's comment:

just announced:

earthquakes are coming fast and furious since 2009.  prepare for your doom.  our country is due.  i wonder if george clooney cares about what happened in chili, or if another useless song remake is being prepared for the new dead one's exploitation . . . or is america bored of natural disasters already?   i mean come on, the oscars are right around the corner.

This is something that has always bothered me, when genuine caring crosses the line and becomes nothing but pure entertainment. (Usually crappy, at that.)

Hawaii is on the watch now for a tsunami due to the quake so don't go thinking that we are in the clear yet.

Maybe the world really is cracking up and falling apart. Have no way of knowing that for sure but do enjoy life while you can and make the most of it without exploiting others. My heart goes out to the Chileans.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2010, 12:36:47 am »
Here is a photo and a little commentary from the Coast To Coast website. This is really a big one.

Tsunami in Oregon

This photo shows the leading edge of a tsunami produced by the 2/27/10 earthquake in Chile as it passed by Port Orford, Oregon. The lighter colored water is the leading edge of the tsunami moving to the right.

--Corey

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2010, 11:37:16 am »
re: Conan at DAR

From the Twitter

Hey Internet: I'm headed to your town on a half-assed comedy & music tour. Go to http://TeamCoco.com for tix. I repeat: It's half-assed.

So if tickets cost over a $100 for a half-assed show, what's a full-assed show gonna set you back..
T.Rex

Mark_Read

« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2010, 11:41:33 am »
re: Conan at DAR

From the Twitter

Hey Internet: I'm headed to your town on a half-assed comedy & music tour. Go to http://TeamCoco.com for tix. I repeat: It's half-assed.

So if tickets cost over a $100 for a half-assed show, what's a full-assed show gonna set you back..

That must be the Meet and Greet package. $700+.

James Ford

« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2010, 02:06:16 pm »
Do you guys actually think Conan is funny? I mean actually funny?

I watched his show a number of times over the years, and I always felt sort of sorry for him. Here was a nice, dorky guy trying to be funny, and he really wasn't. But not too sorry for him. He made a bundle of money and didn't really need my pity.

I think Leno's a turd and I'm board with anything that makes the turd smell worse. But Conan? He's not really the savior of late night tv or standup comedy. Right?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2010, 02:59:28 pm »
I think Leno's a turd and I'm board with anything that makes the turd smell worse.

maybe you should hang out with noone, you'll be less board.
<sig>

BookerT

« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2010, 03:25:42 pm »
I always felt sort of sorry for him. Here was a nice, dorky guy trying to be funny, and he really wasn't.

it always has to be about you, doesn't it?

James Ford

« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2010, 03:27:23 pm »
I think Leno's a turd and I'm board with anything that makes the turd smell worse.

maybe you should hang out with noone, you'll be less board.

Sorry, meant to say "on board".