Author Topic: Lost  (Read 10284 times)

K8teebug

Re: Lost
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2009, 03:14:27 pm »
I'm pretty sure that the Black Rock was a slave ship from way way way before the hatch was even built.  Maybe Jacob brings people to the island as a sort of experiment.  Who knows.

nkotb

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2009, 03:17:21 pm »
I think DFA79 meant that the Black Rock brought dynamite to the island, which the castaways use to get into the hatch, which leads to blah blah blah.  No dynamite, no hatch explosion, no this that and the other. 

I'm pretty sure that the Black Rock was a slave ship from way way way before the hatch was even built.  Maybe Jacob brings people to the island as a sort of experiment.  Who knows.

killsaly

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2009, 04:42:50 pm »
I thought it was a pirate ship.  Which is also where Richard was probably from and the Whitmores. 

imbecile

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2009, 07:38:23 pm »
I thought it was a pirate ship.  Which is also where Richard was probably from and the Whitmores. 

Yeah, I'm thinking the Pirate Ship/Black Rock had Richard on it.  Or maybe the Richard before Richard, if there was one.  Someone that Jacob used to give direction to people so he could get away from the day to day activities of running the island and back to his weaving.

I like the idea of Jacob and the person that became Flocke being able to jump from body to body once they die.  Well, atleast it seems Flocke can, maybe Jacob can as well.  It would be great if the next season finale ended with Lapidus running the whole thing, ha. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2009, 02:51:47 am »

Yeah, I'm thinking the Pirate Ship/Black Rock had Richard on it.  Or maybe the Richard before Richard, if there was one.  Someone that Jacob used to give direction to people so he could get away from the day to day activities of running the island and back to his weaving.

I like the idea of Jacob and the person that became Flocke being able to jump from body to body once they die.  Well, atleast it seems Flocke can, maybe Jacob can as well.  It would be great if the next season finale ended with Lapidus running the whole thing, ha. 
The next season finale will be the end of the series. Or am I mistaken? Wasn't the final season broken into 2 seperate 16 [17?] episode seasons?

And what's to say bizarro Locke died? And clearly it takes a long time for them to go, seemingly, from body to body. I hate that they introduce this monumental character with pretty much no hint as to what they hell he his is/they are.

And by translation what did you mean? What Richard responded with when he was asked the question? I'd like to know what he said. ANd he said Jacob made him the way he was. I wouldn't be surprised if they go back to the opening scene from the season finale on the beach and Richard is on the beach with Jacob and that other guy. Maybe a YOUNGER Richard.
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2009, 08:06:09 am »
Yeah, "He who will save us all" is the translation of what Richard said.

Gotcha about the black rock bringning the dyanamite.

So, do you think that Radkinsky was Quarantined in the Swan Station as punishment for everything that happened during the incident?  That's my current theory on that.  I've always wondered why it said "Quarantined" on it.

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2009, 08:08:42 am »
I was out of the country for the finale, taped it but still haven't watched it.

You'd think that this thread would spoil things for me, but since I haven't a clue what you're all talking about, it doesn't.

The show has been way too confusing this year.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 10:38:10 am »
Charlie, you won't understand even after watching it.

I am getting so sick of this show. I loved it the first 3-4 seasons, but its consistently gotten more and more ridiculous and convoluted. I am absolutely certain they will not be able to tie this all together in any sort of satisfying way whatsoever and we'll becoming up with 400 plot holes this time next year when its all said and done. I hope I'm wrong, but I think the kool-aid is starting to wear off.

eltee

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 12:40:31 pm »
I've been in town, read the thread and am caught up w/ my viewing...I don't even know some of the people they refer! Maybe I don't think about the deeper theories as much and watch for suspenseful writing & visual stimuli. I do like the biblical references, and in the first few seasons I thought it was also "Shakespearean".
I'd say it's a tough story to explain and tie up neatly when the end date is set by the writers and not fans or advertisers. But, I think they could have explained and written so much more this season. It was a yawner. Minus the 3 secs at the end.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 12:48:00 pm by Sugartastic Tee »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 01:48:49 pm »
Charlie, you won't understand even after watching it.

I am getting so sick of this show. I loved it the first 3-4 seasons, but its consistently gotten more and more ridiculous and convoluted. I am absolutely certain they will not be able to tie this all together in any sort of satisfying way whatsoever and we'll becoming up with 400 plot holes this time next year when its all said and done. I hope I'm wrong, but I think the kool-aid is starting to wear off.
Comparing this seas to the past 2 just shows you wanted something different out of this show. From episode 1 this has been a sci fi show, the whole time travel, electro magnetism, etc. etc. has been there since day 1 and now people are shocked about what the hell is going on. It's been there the whole time and of course the endless sybolism with biblical, mythological, psychologial and everything in between those. The show was poorly written for bits of seasons 3 & 4 Abrams and Lindelof have admitted that. But since they were given the amount of time they have confidence they can wrap the rest of this thing up with they've been going 10 miles a minute this entire season. Lots of stuff was uncovered and they're veering it to the finale. Who the hell knows if it'll be good or bad but now there is no jumping off the island and back on as there was this and last season. Now it's all island hi-jinks again and probably going back to see Jacob's and the islands purpose/origins. I love this show more than ever, spots in seasons 3 and 4 made me wanna say eff it, but now I can't wait to see the ending of this.
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2009, 08:29:25 am »
Totally agree with you.  When people complain about the show, I feel like they just don't get it.  It reminds me of people complaining about Twin Peaks way back in the day.  We are all along for the ride with this show.  Will it probably disappoint some in the end?  Yes.  But I really don't care.  There is nothing this inventive or riveting on television right now.  No other show inspires this much discussion.  And that is why I like it so much.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2009, 09:54:32 am »
Exactly. I watch no other dramas outside of.... Weeds? And True Blood. Everything else is comedy or cartoons on [adult swim].

Seeing Star Trek made me giggle, that Abrams can produce him some serious dialogue about time warps/rifts/travel.
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2009, 12:57:24 pm »
Everything else is comedy or cartoons on [adult swim].
Same here now that BSG is done and Lost and Caprica are way off.
Oh wait, there is the Tudors on right now, that is pretty great.