Author Topic: The Reissue Thread  (Read 129333 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Re-issue! Re-package! Re-package! -- The Reissue Thread
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2009, 10:11:06 pm »
Hello citizens of the world and beyond.

Once again all may rejoice and celebrate the deluxe and multi- faceted re-release of Hello Nasty.

Please check this link for details on the plethora of previously unreleased material (seriously though - practically an entire record of unheard cuts):

http://hellonasty.beastieboys.com

The patch that comes with the deluxe vinyl version will make your grand ma's knitting circle jealous and on and on.

- El Bando
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2009, 04:10:49 pm »
Listening to the remaster of TJL's Goat. It's a big improvement.

You can kind of almost make out what David's screaming about, now.
احمد

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 01:51:58 pm »
Not exactly the appropriate thread, but I just read the Flaming Lips will do a track by track remake of Dark Side of the Moon.

Not sure how I feel about this, but definately can't wait to hear it!

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2009, 12:31:34 am »
Unreleased Arthur Lee and Love

Love Lost was recorded in 1971, during a brief, little-known period during which Love was signed to Columbia Records. Lee and the then-current Love lineup?bassist Frank Fayad, guitarist Craig Tarwater and drummer Don Poncher?recorded an album?s worth of new material for the label. But after the band left the company, the recordings sat unreleased and unheard until now. The material on Love Lost?comprised of the unreleased Columbia sessions, plus five unreleased acoustic demos from the same period?captures Love in a transitional phase, charting the next step in Lee?s idiosyncratic musical trajectory, following the lush garage-psychedelia of the classics Da Capo and Forever Changes, and the bluesier direction of the hardrocking
False Start and Out Here.

http://sundazed.com/love_lost.html
T.Rex

azaghal1981

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2009, 01:30:29 am »
"My Little Red Book" was playing in a dream I had a couple days ago. I have no recollection whatsoever of what I was doing or where I was in the dream. That was the only thing I remembered upon waking up.

Weird...
احمد

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2009, 02:05:46 am »
Unreleased Arthur Lee and Love

Love Lost was recorded in 1971, during a brief, little-known period during which Love was signed to Columbia Records. Lee and the then-current Love lineup?bassist Frank Fayad, guitarist Craig Tarwater and drummer Don Poncher?recorded an album?s worth of new material for the label. But after the band left the company, the recordings sat unreleased and unheard until now. The material on Love Lost?comprised of the unreleased Columbia sessions, plus five unreleased acoustic demos from the same period?captures Love in a transitional phase, charting the next step in Lee?s idiosyncratic musical trajectory, following the lush garage-psychedelia of the classics Da Capo and Forever Changes, and the bluesier direction of the hardrocking
False Start and Out Here.

http://sundazed.com/love_lost.html

Nice....thanks for the heads up Kosmo.  I'm a HUGE Love fan.  The Arthur Lee & Love show at the Birchmere may be my top live music experience EVER.....pure magic.

Venerable Bede

« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2010, 04:12:43 pm »
Spiritualized re-issue of "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space". . .only set you back a cool $190 or so plus shipping.  but there's only a 1000 of them, and they are all signed by jason, so. . .
OU812

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2010, 08:53:35 pm »
Spiritualized re-issue of "Ladies and Gentlemen, we are floating in space". . .only set you back a cool $190 or so plus shipping.  but there's only a 1000 of them, and they are all signed by jason, so. . .

pitchfork: this is a perfect album
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2010, 12:35:57 pm »
This is probably right up Kosmo's alley.

From Sublime Frequencies:
"Dara Puspita (Flower Girls) was arguably the world?s greatest all-female garage rock band. The reason you?ve probably never heard of them was that they
came from Indonesia where they were extremely popular during the 1960s. Their career spanned from 1965 until 1973 including 3 years (1969-1971) living
and touring in Europe. The four albums recorded by the original members between 1966 and 1968 (the material represented on this CD) is one of the great
chapters of 1960s popular music history never to be reissued, let alone recognized beyond a few tuned-in souls and adventurous record collectors in the
Western world. Twenty-six of their most spectacular tracks (from the albums Jang Pertama, Special Edition, Green Green Grass, and A-Go-Go) are now finally
available to hear in this essential release.

Dara Puspita formed in their hometown of Surabaya in 1964. After relocating to Jakarta, the group began to create quite a stir with their wild stage shows.
Their local performances were attended by teenagers grooving to the band?s raw garage rock sound. The first all-female Indonesian pop group that could
play their instruments and sing, Dara Puspita also attracted the attention of Indonesian president Sukarno who labeled Western rock music ?a form of mental
disease?. In 1965 (an eventful and critical year for the group), the girls endured a month long interrogation by the government for performing ?outlawed?
rock and roll music, became the house band in a Bangkok nightclub for three months, and were introduced to Dick Tamimi of Mesra records, the man who would
launch their recording career. The tracks featured in this compilation were recorded at the height of Dara Puspita?s popularity during the immediate post-communist
era of General Suharto?s new order; a time when Indonesia?s musicians and artists were finally capable of launching their own creative renaissance.

This collection is guaranteed to appeal to all fans of the beat a-go-go era of the mid-late 1960s and is a significant missing piece of the global pop
music history puzzle. Every single track is a classic, the sound quality is superb, and it should only take one listen to become completely addicted to
and charmed by this legendary Indonesian group. Tri-fold Digipack CD with 20 page booklet featuring rare & unseen photos provided by Dara Puspita for this
specific reissue project and extensive liner notes of the band?s phenomenal history by Alan Bishop."

Between this, the most recent Omar Khorshid comp and all the Omar Souleyman stuff they have released over the last couple years, Sublime Frequencies are on a hell of a hot streak.
احمد

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2010, 06:52:47 am »
R.E.M. - Fables of the Reconstruction

http://remhq.com/news_story.php?id=1167

Remastered, plus a cd full of demos, a poster and some postcards.  One new song.  Also on vinyl, minus the bonus stuff.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2010, 11:04:26 am »
has anyone heard any updates on the 69 Love Songs vinyl reissue?

my fiancee got this for me for my birthday but it looks like the release date is just constantly delayed

http://www.insound.com/The_Magnetic_Fields_69_Love_Songs__PRE-ORDER_6x10%26quot%3B/productmain/p/INS57410/

I finally got this about a month ago.  It's awesome.  Not sure it's worth $99 though.
(o|o)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2010, 06:08:25 pm »
new old QOTSA:

ACCLAIMED QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE ALBUM "RATED R" REISSUED IN TWO-CD DELUXE EDITION WITH B-SIDES AND READING FESTIVAL CONCERT

One of Rolling Stone's top 100 albums of the decade, Rated R from Queens Of The Stone Age marks its 10th anniversary with the expanded, two-CD Rated R - Deluxe Edition (Interscope/UMe), released August 3, 2010. Added to the original album is a second disc with six B-sides and the band's memorable summer 2000 Reading Festival concert--featuring nine previously unreleased songs, including live versions of Rated R's "Feel Good Hit Of The Summer," "The Lost Art Of Keeping A Secret," "Better Living Through Chemistry" and "Quick And To The Pointless."

The B-sides are "Ode To Clarissa"; "You're So Vague," a spoof of Carly Simon's "You're So Vain"; covers of Romeo Void's "Never Say Never" and the Kinks' "Who'll Be The Next In Line"; a live version of the album's "Monsters In The Parasol"; and a re-recording of "Born To Hula," an early QOTSA song. The other Reading Festival tracks are concert takes on "Ode To Clarissa," three songs from the band's debut album ("Regular John," "Avon" and "You Can't Quit Me, Baby"), and "Millionaire," a song originally from Josh Homme side project Desert Sessions.

continued: http://www.qotsa.com/news/default.aspx?nid=27027
<sig>

K8teebug

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2010, 11:36:18 am »
To celebrate its 20th Anniversary, on 27th September, EMI will release through the resurrected 1960s Major Minor label, with Morrissey's full cooperation, a remastered Special Edition of Bona Drag.
Originally released to much acclaim in October 1990, Bona Drag perfectly captures Morrissey's effortless transition in becoming a solo artist. It brings together his exceptional first seven singles, four of which went Top 10: his triumphant Top 5 debut, "Suedehead"; the anthemic, apocalyptic lament to wet seaside towns, "Everyday Is Like Sunday"; "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys"; and "Interesting Drug". The Top 20s "Ouija Board, Ouija Board", "November Spawned A Monster", and "Piccadilly Palare" and a selection of high quality b-sides from the singles complete the album.
The compilation has now been remastered and overseen by Morrissey, and is updated with the addition of six previously unreleased and much coveted songs from the era:
- "Happy Lovers At Last United"
(Outtake from "Sunday" sessions)
- "Lifeguard On Duty"
(Outtake from Viva Hate sessions)
- "Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness" (demo)
(Outtake from Viva Hate, previously covered by Sandie Shaw)
- "Oh Phoney"
(Outtake from Bona Drag sessions)
- "The Bed Took Fire" (early version of "At Amber")
- "Let The Right One Slip In" (alternate long mix)
Directing the artwork for the reissue, Morrissey has chosen to return the cover art - taken from the "November" video - back to its natural colour, so his shirt is black. In addition, he has also decided to update the back and inner artwork with a selection of favourite, hand-picked and rarely-seen photos.
The LP version will be a double heavyweight 180g vinyl, housed in a wide-spine sleeve with a pull-out poster. The CD will be housed in a gatefold, card sleeve with an eight-page booklet, which will contain the aforementioned photos.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2010, 06:33:52 am »
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D :D :D :D 8) 8)

The Jam 'Sound Affects' - 30th Anniversary Edition Out November 1st

The Jam's seminal 1980 album 'Sound Affects' is being re-released in a digitally-remastered, Deluxe Edition this autumn to celebrate its 30th anniversary.

Hailed by Paul himself as the band's finest work, 'Sound Affects' spawned two of The Jam's biggest hits in 'That's Entertainment' and 'Start!' and is widely regarded as one of the band's most experimental works.

Paul, who cites 'Sound Affects' as an influence for this year's acclaimed 'Wake Up The Nation', said last month: "I still feel it was our best record. There are loads of other things I like, but as an overall body work, I thought it was great. To me, it still sounds fresh."

Released on November 1st, the remastered 2CD Deluxe Edition features the album digitally remastered together with 22 bonus tracks, demos, covers, b-sides and alternative versions - 8 of which are previously unreleased.

It comes complete with a 24 page booklet with extensive sleevenotes by Guardian writer John Harris, an exclusive Paul Weller interview, rare photos and period memorabilia.

You can pre-order 'Sound Affects - Deluxe Edition' from Amazon, HMV and Play.com right now.

The full track-listing is as follows:

Disc1 - Original album (remastered):
1. Pretty Green
2. Monday
3. But I'm Different Now
4. Set The House Ablaze
5. Start!   
6. That's Entertainment
7. Dream Time
8. Man In The Corner Shop
9. Music For The Last Couple
10. Boy About Town
11. Scrape Away

Disc 2 - Bonus tracks:
1. Start! (single version)
2. Liza Radley (b-side of Start!)
3. Dreams Of Children (b-side of Going Underground)
4. That's Entertainment (alternate version from 'Direction, Reaction, Creation')
5. Pretty Green ('demo with overdubs' - previously unreleased)
6. Pop Art Poem (Jam fan club flexi-disc, from 'Extras')
7. Rain (demo from 'Direction, Reaction, Creation')
8. Boy About Town (demo - previously unreleased)
9. Dream Time (demo from 'Direction, Reaction, Creation')
10. Dead End Street (demo from 'Direction, Reaction, Creation')
11. But I'm Different Now (demo from 'Extras')
12. Scrape Away (instrumental version - previously unreleased)
13. Start! (demo - previously unreleased)
14. Liza Radley (demo from 'Extras')
15. And Your Bird Can Sing (demo from 'Extras')
16. Monday (alternate version - previously unreleased)
17. Get Yourself Together (from 'Extras')
18. Set The House Ablaze (alternate 'dub ending' version - previously unreleased)
19. Boy About Town (alternate version - Jam fan club flexi from 'Extras')
20. No One In The World (demo from 'Extras')
21. 'Instrumental' (demo - previously unreleased)
22. Waterloo Sunset (demo - previously unreleased)
T.Rex

Lazer Guided Melodies

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2010, 02:33:39 pm »
Screamadelica remastered by Gillespie, Innes and Kevin Shields and to come out in a huge collector's box set version http://www.screamadelica20.com/gb/editions/collectors_edition/ to include:

'Screamadelica ? The Collector's Edition' will comprise:

CD1: Remastered album
Remastered by Bobby Gillespie and Andrew Innes

CD2: Live In L.A., 1991
Mixed by Andrew Innes

CD3: Screamadelica Remixes
Loaded

* 1. Farley Mix 7" (5:59)
    * 2. Loaded 7" (4:19)

Come Together

* 3. Farley 7" (4:23)
    * 4. 7" Mix (Wetherall (4:45)
    * 5. Terry Farley Extended 12" Mix (08:02)
    * 6. Hypnotone Brain machine Mix (5:14)
    * 7. BBG Mix (6:27)

Higher Than The Sun

* 8. Higher Than The Orb (5:00)
    * 9. Higher Than The Sun 12" (6:43)
    * 10. American Spring Mix (6:20)

Don't Fight It

* 11. 7" Edit (4:10)
    * 12. Graham Massey Mix (4:53)
    * 13. Scat Mix (8:07)
    * 14. High, High, High (Massey) (5:54)

Bonus

* 1. I'm Losing More Than I Ever Had (4:48)
    * 2. Ramblin Rose (2:27)

CD4: Dixie-Narco EP (Remastered)

* 1. Movin' On Up
    * 2. Stone My Soul
    * 3. Carry Me Home
    * 4. Screamadelica

DVD: Classic Album documentary
The Making of Screamadelica ? 30 mins

* 1. Screamadelica
    * 2. Movin' On Up
    * 3. Slip Inside This House
    * 4. Don't Fight It, Feel It
    * 5. Higher Than The Sun
    * 6. Come Together
    * 7. Damaged
    * 8. Loaded
    * 9. Shine Like Stars
    * 10. Inner Flight

LP: Re-Mastered album ? Gatefold 2LP

* A1.  Movin' On Up
    * A2.  Slip Inside This House
    * A3.  Don?t Fight It, Feel It

* B1.  Higher Than The Sun
    * B2.  Inner Flight
    * B3.  Come Together

* C1.  Loaded
    * C2.  Damaged
    * C3.  I?m Comin' Down

* D1.  Higher Than The Sun (A Dub Symphony in Two Parts)
    * D2.  Shine Like Stars

Extras
Original Tour T-shirt replicated by Worn By (Size L)

50 Page Perfect Bound Book ? crammed full of unseen photos and brand new interviews with the band on the making of the album.

12" DJ Slip Mat

4 x 7" Art Cards (original Paul Cannel Designs)

1 x 7" Perforated stamp style art card