Author Topic: Great news for eMusic Subscribers  (Read 38668 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Great news for eMusic Subscribers
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2010, 10:23:23 pm »
Well those boxsets were incorrectly priced so they are gone for now... I wonder  how many of mine finished before the pricing got fixed.

Regardless,  I'm excited as Atlantic Soul is one of catalogs I haven't heard much of.  Plus I see there are some OOP Rhino handmade available. i.e. Rank and File

Managed to snag NY Archives, Fun House and Mingus sets for 12 credits each. Was already charged 12 credits for Big Star but downloads failed. Oh well, net 16 each for the others is still pretty sweet.
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2010, 10:45:31 am »
and Epitaph and Anti were added back to the site as well...
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2010, 10:21:14 am »
Sub Pop adding titles today to eMusic.
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2013, 02:52:21 pm »
I debated for a while whether to post this in the RIP thread or this thread, and chose this one in the end.

eMusic no longer requires subscription, opens the indie music floodgates
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2013, 03:21:02 pm »
Still a loyal member, my legacy account is still a good deal... i'm paying 14.99 per month + a monthly bonus of 29.50 for a total credit of 44.50.

Hopefully, eMusic wont go down the tubes, as for me it's a lifeline to music released  only in the UK that would be insanely expensive to get if I had to deal with the exchange rate and then ship  & handling for physical product.  I'm guessin' those UK labels I favor aren't getting much out of the deal...  Never been a fan of Amazon's MP3 store and won't buy from iTunes.  Looks like Bandcamp would get my business.
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2013, 03:24:13 pm »
how are you getting a monthly bonus of $29.50?
(_|_)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2013, 03:27:45 pm »
Member since 2001 ;)
T.Rex

Vas Deferens

« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2013, 03:35:21 pm »
ha! jealous....I canceled over a year ago...
(_|_)

brennser

« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2013, 03:57:04 pm »
ha! jealous....I canceled over a year ago...
i cancelled a year ago too - don't miss it at all

slappy

« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2014, 11:11:45 am »
eMusic going back to independent music focus.

Dear Member,

Since its inception, eMusic has been committed to serving serious music collectors who are unbound by genre or the latest trend. We built the business in 1998 on DRM-free mp3s and a heartfelt mission to provide independent music enthusiasts with the best music, editorial content and album reviews around. Over the years, the eMusic brand became synonymous with independent music.

When we introduced a vastly expanded library of music in 2009, the experience on the site changed. Our catalog became more a reflection of mainstream trends than a true discovery experience rooted in music from emerging artists and labels. We moved away from our core values as a business and diluted what made the eMusic experience special.

So, in an effort to dedicate the brand once again to its original mission, eMusic is renewing its commitment to independent music and to promoting its musicians, bands and labels. As a result, beginning today, we will be exiting the mainstream music business and offering exclusively independent music. Further, in the coming weeks and months, it is our aim to build upon our existing library and provide you with the most extensive catalog of independent music in the world.

There will be no change to your plan, and we will not be making any changes to our album or track prices.

Our goal has always been to provide music enthusiasts and tastemakers with the best music and discovery experience possible, thanks to our industry-leading editorial content and reviews. With these changes, we are crystal clear on what we can and want to offer: a world-class discovery service built around the most comprehensive catalog of independent music.

We truly value your membership, and are committed to providing you with the best experience possible. Thank you for supporting us, and for supporting independent music.

The eMusic Team

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2014, 11:30:23 am »
Whatever.. most of what I get from eMusic qualifies as independent I guess... But it means that the craptastic karaoke tracks continue being added.  Wonder how all those praising this move will feel when the new Lorde drops or that can't get tasty back catalog stuff
T.Rex

vansmack

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2014, 11:56:10 am »
Have they changed their subscription model?
27>34

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2014, 12:06:37 pm »
No, but their plans have never been an issue for me... I'm always able to get my quota each month
T.Rex

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2014, 12:29:17 pm »
this is so vague, it could really mean anything

"As a result, beginning today, we will be exiting the mainstream music business and offering exclusively independent music. Further, in the coming weeks and months, it is our aim to build upon our existing library and provide you with the most extensive catalog of independent music in the world."

They could at least list labels/bands they would or would not carry?
Also, will they release stuff at the same time it's released to the public?
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2014, 12:43:51 pm »
Basically no more from the major labels and back to a site dominated by Pitchfork and NPR approved "indie".  What's funny is rarely does one see truly independent music (I.e CDBaby distributed stuff) trending.  It's just the usual indie label suspects
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 12:45:23 pm by kosmo vinyl »
T.Rex