Author Topic: OFFICIAL Virgin Mobile FREEFEST 2009 Q/A - Hype Thread! REVISED  (Read 337480 times)

Davyboy

Re: OFFICIAL Virgin Mobile Fest 2009 Lineup Predictions!
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 10:26:05 am »
Faith No More
Swervedriver
Fugazi (probably wouldn't happen in a millon years but I can dream can't I)?
Rollins Band

Dojokoto

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 09:57:20 pm »
Since this year will most probably be at the merriweather, do you think we'll be seeing major bands, way beyond weezer and blink 182?

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 10:23:28 pm »
Since this year will most probably be at the merriweather, do you think we'll be seeing major bands, way beyond weezer and blink 182?
Not at all.

It just doesn't seem logical to have a band play a festival at a venue that they could easily sell out on their own.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 10:40:23 pm »
y'all be forgetting that, IMHO, the "regular" merriweather stage will be vfest's second stage.  the festival's "main stage" will be set up out in a parking lot, will be all-GA, and will potentially be able to accommodate more people than the "regular" stage.  so while blink+weezer might easily sell out merriweather's regular stage, they'll need help with an expanded GA-only parking lot stage.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 10:43:04 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Smylie

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2009, 11:19:26 pm »
Great 'smaller' acts >>>> a few good headliners

sonickteam2

« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2009, 11:26:07 pm »
y'all be forgetting that, IMHO, the "regular" merriweather stage will be vfest's second stage.  the festival's "main stage" will be set up out in a parking lot, will be all-GA, and will potentially be able to accommodate more people than the "regular" stage.  so while blink+weezer might easily sell out merriweather's regular stage, they'll need help with an expanded GA-only parking lot stage.

not necessarily. when HFStival was held there, the main stage was the ampitheater with smaller acts in the parking lot.

I think the best set up would be a combo of two stages in the lot going rapid fire one after another (they do this for warped tour) but this would drastically cut down on attendance unless a 3rd stage (the pavilion) was used.

Ultimately, as Vfest did last year, there was no real main stage or side stage really as far as acts went, at least not for the last few bands.

Also, to comment on gaaaah's comment,  i dont see that Seth would necesarily only book the amount of bands he thinks will sell X amount of tickets. not only is he trying to build a brand, but there will be something to make up for with the venue change and all.  plus, if the fest is 2 nights, with Weezer and Blink playing one night, someone has to play the other.

azaghal1981

« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2009, 11:30:14 pm »
Great 'smaller' acts >>>> a few good headliners

Here here.

Without the huge acts, tickets would cost much less. I'd be more inclined to go to a festival where I wouldn't have to shell out nearly $100/day; much (most?) of which would go to an act(s) I'd have no interest in seeing.

احمد

azaghal1981

« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2009, 11:40:23 pm »
Anyone else really want to hear that Antony/Herbert colabboration live? I do after hearing a recording of the Coachella set.
احمد

bkrome

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 06:43:54 am »

I have been told the second stage will be in symphony woods.  The main stage will be the actual pavilion.

nkotb

« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 07:18:22 am »
I'm not really a huge fan of either, but from the few videos I saw, this was pretty rad.

Anyone else really want to hear that Antony/Herbert colabboration live? I do after hearing a recording of the Coachella set.

Davyboy

« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 09:32:26 am »

I have been told the second stage will be in symphony woods.  The main stage will be the actual pavilion.

dammit...I really hope they find another venue if that is the case. Shouldn't be able to call it a 'fest' if a pavilion stage is involved.

sonickteam2

« Reply #41 on: June 05, 2009, 09:54:00 am »

oh well then in that case, you can just go sit along LP Parkway and watch the bands for free!

hemisphire

« Reply #42 on: June 05, 2009, 11:46:48 am »
When they had the HFStival there, the side stage was also in the symphony woods.  I could not see the road from there, it was a portable stage in a big grassy field with fencing all around it.  The good thing was unlike this past weekend's show, you couldn't hear the main stage from there (and vice-versa).

imbecile

« Reply #43 on: June 05, 2009, 01:55:11 pm »
Faith No More
Swervedriver
Fugazi (probably wouldn't happen in a millon years but I can dream can't I)?
Rollins Band

Faith No More would be awesome.  ..and sell a whole shload of tickets.

But what would be even more awesome.. get Faith No More to headline the Mike Patton stage.  With.. Peeping Tom, opening for Mr. Bungle, opening for Fantomas, opening for Faith No More.

That's all i know of the top of my head.  Seriously, how many bands does he have?

sonickteam2

« Reply #44 on: June 05, 2009, 02:11:18 pm »
When they had the HFStival there, the side stage was also in the symphony woods.  I could not see the road from there, it was a portable stage in a big grassy field with fencing all around it.  The good thing was unlike this past weekend's show, you couldn't hear the main stage from there (and vice-versa).

i think that was the Locals Only stage that was in Symphony Woods.