Author Topic: Dear Velvet Lounge (aka YOU SUCK):  (Read 29994 times)

Ardamus

• Ardamus
Re: Dear Velvet Lounge (aka YOU SUCK):
« Reply #45 on: July 16, 2009, 09:36:21 am »
Summary of Thousand Made Up Love's rant:

"Dear Velvet Lounge, you suck for not accommodating my own personal needs in every imaginable way."

:D. I can say the only problem I've ever had with Velvet was when I booked a show there and it was double-booked with some French metal band who was on tour. It was a miscommunication between someone who was booking for the band, the band, and the venue it seems. I had to shorten the show and etc. but the owner offered to hook up another day for the show. If anything, I can say they at least will handle shit when it hits fan from my perspective.

Relaxer

« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2009, 11:04:21 am »
Personally, I think that whole line of "we're a rock club, we don't cater to your white-collar, male corporate oppression lifestyle, maaaaan" is just as lame as the original post. You can't whine about no one coming to these shows and then shit all over someone who explains one reason why, however pussily.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #47 on: July 16, 2009, 01:33:34 pm »
You can't whine about no one coming to these shows and then shit all over someone who explains one reason why, however pussily.

i heart relaxer sooooooooooooooooo much.  just brilliant.
<sig>

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #48 on: July 16, 2009, 06:10:30 pm »
Personally, I think that whole line of "we're a rock club, we don't cater to your white-collar, male corporate oppression lifestyle, maaaaan" is just as lame as the original post. You can't whine about no one coming to these shows and then shit all over someone who explains one reason why, however pussily.

but the last show I saw at the Velvet was pretty well attended.  Not sure if that's a fluke or not, but they must be catering to enough people to be able to have stayed in business all these years.

_\|/_

Sir HC

« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2009, 04:03:50 pm »
If set times are posted somewhere and the schedule is not followed, that is poor management.  For years I worked at Fletchers and it was my job to get the show started on time, and keep the thing running smoothly.  15 minute set changes with drum kits going up/down, and all that.  Yep, been there done that.  It is rude to the headliner if they expect to be on at midnight and they are going on an hour later to 1/2 the crowd. I know I would be pissed if I were the headliner.  There has to be some level of professionalism, if you post a schedule, keep to it as much as possible.  If no one is there for the opener, it could well be no one wants to see the openers.  They should have pulled in their friends, if they didn't, why should the other bands suffer?  I admit to being an iron fist with schedules, if they are posted, I will keep to them, that is the job of the club, if you can't do that don't post a schedule.

walkonby

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2009, 04:17:54 pm »
with just one post, relaxer has turned the tide of this thread, with perhaps now a slightly different perspective in the viewing of this situation . . . one that began as a whiny bitch boy blasting away nonsense, to perhaps a reason(s) of actuality that might indeed be based in truth.

behold the power of relaxer.

wml7

« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2009, 04:21:17 pm »
this thread needs a cat picture

walkonby

« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2009, 04:34:59 pm »
this thread needs a cat picture

fine, but just one:

wml7

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2009, 04:42:10 pm »
classic  ;D

rikki_nadir

« Reply #54 on: August 03, 2009, 10:37:53 am »
with just one post, relaxer has turned the tide of this thread,
behold the power of relaxer.

Yeah, FDS is pretty intoxicating.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2023, 12:35:02 am »
Some real gems here.

hutch

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2023, 01:03:42 am »
I miss the Velvet Lounge…had some great nights there

Yada

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2023, 09:33:57 am »
Bitching about everything since 2009 - TMUL and azzie

Thousand Made-Up Loves