Author Topic: Green Day Roll Call  (Read 5741 times)

wml7

Green Day Roll Call
« on: July 26, 2009, 02:01:05 pm »
Who's in??  ;D

mahimahi1414

Re: Green Day Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 03:09:41 pm »
I bought tickets last minute at Philly and wound up with great side stage seats about 15 rows up. One of the best shows I've seen this year without a doubt. I may have to do the same thing in DC.

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 03:59:01 pm »
Who's in??  ;D
Me, in 1994.

Oh, wait, it's 2009? Them I'm in for laughing at pointing at anyone who would go to this.

wml7

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 04:00:18 pm »
great, just great  ::)

azaghal1981

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 05:17:05 pm »
Who's in??  ;D
Me, in 1994.

Oh, wait, it's 2009? Them I'm in for laughing at pointing at anyone who would go to this.

I'm typically not one to judge/make fun of people for the music they listen to unless they're smelly hippies who listen to aimless wankery but I'll make an exception here and do the same.
احمد

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 07:00:43 pm »
I have no problem with Green Day, think they do great work on their studio albums, songwriting etc... But never overly impressed with them live, they'll do a killer 30 minutes then get all potty mouth and on the last tour the bringing the fans on stage to play the instruments was FAIL.  I'd much rather see Foxboro Hot Tubs at this point.
T.Rex

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 07:21:00 pm »
got a third-row ticket to see them tomorrow night in NYC.  i'll let you know how it was.
<sig>

serpent boy

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 10:14:33 pm »
I won't be there, but can someone fill me in on the Kaiser Chiefs setlist?

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 11:11:48 pm »
I'm in.

Cali

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2009, 11:59:53 pm »
i'll be there

bearman🐻

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2009, 08:57:56 am »
there

Driveway

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 10:17:12 am »
Let's Go Caps!

bearman🐻

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 12:27:34 am »
Thoughts??

For me it was good but not great. Sure, it was a fun rock show, lots of pyro and some good production. They played a long time too, which was nice. But it lacked a certain something...well, part of the issue were the amateur Verizon Center folks working and being total "no camera" Nazis. Totally unprofessional and they made being on the floor extremely unpleasant with their nonstop nudging and pushing and flashing people in the face with their flashlights. At that point, just take away every single person's cell phone and be done with it. Really. When Billie Joe brought out the little girl to be "saved" I thought that was a bit much. Guitar kid playing "Jesus of Suburbia" was fucking great though. All in all, a solid show, but not in my top 10 of the year.

Thatguy, great to see you and chat as always. Always a pleasure for me.

wml7

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 03:25:20 am »
Just got back from the show.  Typical Green Day show which isn't a bad thing. Saw them 5 years ago on american idiot tour.  They did the same thing back then that they do now.  I guess you can sort of say flaming lips routine.  Same thing over again.  Pyro and getting people to come on stage to play with them.  The first kid was cute probably crapped herself when the pyro went off in the background.  The other two that sang wasn't too bad.  They at least knew the lyrics to the songs.  Now as far as the guitar player I wonder if they actually not plug the guitar in and just let them strum along.  Overall I had a good time and they played for a long time.  Pretty much anything and everything they have.  Now as far as the camera policy what was up with that?  Is that a verizon thing or band thing?  I guess you couldn't bring in cameras but I had mine.  Didn't know about that till I picked up my ticket at will call but they still let me through.  I was on the floor and tried to take a pic but security flashed a light right as I took the pic so the pic was a ball of light haha.  I guess as long as you used your cell phone then you were ok, which everyone around me did.  Overall pretty good show.

bearman🐻

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 09:06:23 am »
Ummm, correction. Everyone that was taking any sort of picture was getting reprimanded, and it got old REALLY fast. It was one of those experiences which made me want to never ever take another photo at a concert just so that the Verizon gestapo would lay off even just a tad. One dude working the show (he was probably 19) in particular was aggressive, rude, and just plain unprofessional. I kept rolling my eyes at Thatguy (who was working in other capacities) and he understood the situation that we were presented. It was funny at first, then it just got downright obnoxious. Just glad that the stage didn't go up in flames. Quite a bit of heat coming off some of the fire shooting up. I'm glad I went and I enjoyed it, but I'm officially done seeing Green Day shows. I did enjoy a lot of the new stuff. A few songs have kind of a "Quadrophenia" feel to them.