Author Topic: Neil Young hip-hop album  (Read 14152 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: Neil Young hip-hop album
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 04:33:23 pm »
This thread's got legs.

but they're probably not skinny enough for julian.
<sig>

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 04:33:55 pm »
Paging Dojokoto:

Please return to this thread for more abuse.

self of steem.  nice one.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 04:38:31 pm »
Dojokoto should really post in every thread, I think.

slappy

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 04:45:15 pm »
self of steem.  nice one.

Didn't they play the last OzzFest on the stage in-between the piercing pagoda and the chicken finger food stand?

walkonby

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 09:47:32 pm »
have you seen the new nas/nick cannon psa about the decline of hip hop?  i could not believe they were allowed to get away with that.  sorry, i know that nothing to do with neil young or what you have done here.  carry on.

seeing how this thread came to a screaming halt . . . and nobody answered my question.  here it is.  priceless, stupid, or shocking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVqVwGWocM

mjobrien

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 10:06:52 pm »
So, did anyone check out the music?

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 10:10:21 pm »
This may just be the awkward white guy inside me, but how does one correctly respond to the "what's good?" greeting?

If I say "not much" it sounds depressing.  So what should be said?

mjobrien

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 10:14:08 pm »
have you seen the new nas/nick cannon psa about the decline of hip hop?  i could not believe they were allowed to get away with that.  sorry, i know that nothing to do with neil young or what you have done here.  carry on.

seeing how this thread came to a screaming halt . . . and nobody answered my question.  here it is.  priceless, stupid, or shocking?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRVqVwGWocM

Well, I personally wouldn't call it priceless, stupid, or shocking but it is worth two minutes of your day and possibly sending to a friend or two.  It's not really saying anything new unless you haven't seen Spike Lee's Bamboozled, but it is an interesting message slightly blown out of proportion.

mjobrien

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 10:19:27 pm »
This may just be the awkward white guy inside me, but how does one correctly respond to the "what's good?" greeting?

If I say "not much" it sounds depressing.  So what should be said?

I'd go with "Same ol'" even if it's not the case.  I feel the greeting "What's good?" puts more positive thoughts in your head than the worn out "What's up?" and thus, will lead to a better mood.

The question was rhetorical by the way.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 10:46:37 pm »
"what's good?"

"life!"

or is that too ghay?  you could dork it up by instead saying "life, the universe, everything!"
<sig>

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 10:47:47 pm »
So, did anyone check out the music?
Son, did you ever come to the wrong place...

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 10:48:27 pm »
"what's good?"

"life!"

or is that too ghay?  you could dork it up by instead saying "life, the universe, everything!"
"What's good?" "Your mom!" --> the 14 y.o. male response.

Dojokoto

« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 11:39:21 pm »
HAHAHAHA, I'm sorry what? Hip Hop is poor people music? You must be the most ignorant, uneducated people I've ever met. Hip Hop isn't poor people music, YOU sound like you're part of the poor people renegade. Jesus Christ, I had to see it to believe it.

What can you expect from a white person named "Julian, Certified Weblebrity"
The popularity of hiphop in a community, along with standardized test scores, levels of obesity, occurrences of teenage pregnancy, and military enlistment rates all directly correlate to community income levels. Try taking the statistics class in your Dangerous Minds-esque public high school, if one is offered, and become educated yourself on topics before your spout off at the mouth.

Oh, and by the way, if you're still trying to get a ticket for VFest Baltimore, I see VFest Montreal still has tickets available, which you can no doubt use! Better! Get! On It!!

Alright, so you are basing your decision off a correlation of standardized test scores, and the popularity of hiphop? I'm going to admit that rap these days is pure vile. The average teenage-esque audience will love a song about obtaining cars and money, and the occasional "half-naked ladies up in the pool." Have you ever listened to a song by Rakim? Nas? Atmopshere? Aesop Rock? Grandmaster Flash? You can't judge a genre of music based on statistics. Music is an artistic form of auditory communication that can intertwine with one's life. Everyone has different tastes, and if one dislikes a certain genre of music, then you need to propose a decent legitimate argument to support your thesis. It seems like you are not analyzing the music itself, but you are relying on fundamental statistics to oppose hip-hop?? Rap and the hip hop culture was founded on people who vent their anger by rapping poetry about their experiences/horrors/problems. If you ever listened to a song by Nas, he discusses about his life on the streets, the problematic situations he had to live through. One man with one mic facing the vibe of a crowd on a stage is more difficult than some punk-ass band you love (Probably O.A.R. since you're more white than Ryan Seacrest.)

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2009, 12:14:20 am »
HAHAHAHA, I'm sorry what? Hip Hop is poor people music? You must be the most ignorant, uneducated people I've ever met. Hip Hop isn't poor people music, YOU sound like you're part of the poor people renegade. Jesus Christ, I had to see it to believe it.

What can you expect from a white person named "Julian, Certified Weblebrity"
The popularity of hiphop in a community, along with standardized test scores, levels of obesity, occurrences of teenage pregnancy, and military enlistment rates all directly correlate to community income levels. Try taking the statistics class in your Dangerous Minds-esque public high school, if one is offered, and become educated yourself on topics before your spout off at the mouth.

Oh, and by the way, if you're still trying to get a ticket for VFest Baltimore, I see VFest Montreal still has tickets available, which you can no doubt use! Better! Get! On It!!

Alright, so you are basing your decision off a correlation of standardized test scores, and the popularity of hiphop? I'm going to admit that rap these days is pure vile. The average teenage-esque audience will love a song about obtaining cars and money, and the occasional "half-naked ladies up in the pool." Have you ever listened to a song by Rakim? Nas? Atmopshere? Aesop Rock? Grandmaster Flash? You can't judge a genre of music based on statistics. Music is an artistic form of auditory communication that can intertwine with one's life. Everyone has different tastes, and if one dislikes a certain genre of music, then you need to propose a decent legitimate argument to support your thesis. It seems like you are not analyzing the music itself, but you are relying on fundamental statistics to oppose hip-hop?? Rap and the hip hop culture was founded on people who vent their anger by rapping poetry about their experiences/horrors/problems. If you ever listened to a song by Nas, he discusses about his life on the streets, the problematic situations he had to live through. One man with one mic facing the vibe of a crowd on a stage is more difficult than some punk-ass band you love (Probably O.A.R. since you're more white than Ryan Seacrest.)

You have much to learn.

mjobrien

« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 12:24:34 am »
No, honestly, does anyone come here to talk music or is it just a place to argue who's e-cock is bigger?