Author Topic: Julian's Richmond  (Read 8345 times)

wml7

Re: Julian's Richmond
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 09:51:47 pm »
cat pic at a fancy restaurant drinking a cosmo  ;D

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 11:20:40 am »
Fan Rats...  Quite a unique breed!  :)
FUKIT

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 12:45:04 pm »
SPOTTED: Last night at Sticky Rice, ChokeyChicken (of scalping-Dismemberment-Plan-Charity-Reunion-Shows-Gate) performed I'm In A Boat during Karaoke Night. It was a show stopper.

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 04:03:52 pm »
A few quick items for the consideration of my Richmond'ers looking for something to do this fine fall weekend:
  • Long Arms (featuring James Menefee River City High) plays at The Triple on Friday (followed by a Fun Size reunion!) and The Canal Club on Saturday, check it out. (Full disclosure: James has possibly served Julian at least 50 cocktails throughout the years at a popular Church Hill spot.)
  • As the Times-Dispatch food writer highlighted, alliteration is in, and the letter B has taken over the Richmond dining scene. Bouchon, Belvidere at Broad, and the Boathouse at Rockett's Landing join the ranks of rave restaurants already populated with Balliceaux, Bacchus, and The Black Sheep. Catch me at Bouchon Saturday pre-Iowa/Michigan. Dress appropriately if you plan to speak to me.
  • Speaking of Balliceaux, they've rolled out new craft cocktails. Go. Now.

betao

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2009, 09:48:22 pm »
Here is something to do for Saturday night in Richmond:

Capoeira Resistencia will be holding their 4th annual Capoeira Batizado this Saturday night at 6 PM at Martin Luther King Middle School. Capoeira is a Brazilian Martial Art disguised as a dance and a game and is a very big culture in Brazil. This event will feature performances by Resistencia members as well as visiting Masters and Professors and will be one hell of a show; you literally won't believe your eyes. The show starts around 6pm and is $10 to get in.

I'll be getting my next cord, so if you come by, be sure to say hey!

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 10:00:30 pm »
Hey, hey, good! Other people are contributing!

If I didn't already have plans I'd come. Let me know next time you have an event!

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 10:09:21 pm »
The Richmond Folk Festival is this weekend, if anyone's interested.

I'll probably be hitting that up for a few hours Saturday or Sunday.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 11:32:09 pm »
see how much fun you richmonders can have without stealing shows from DC?  let this be a lesson for you all.
<sig>

James Ford

« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2009, 08:10:53 am »
How is the Capital Ale House for food? They have a mightly impressive beer list. Granted, it looks like the pickings are slim for animal lovers like Julian.

distance

« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2009, 08:51:59 am »
A few quick items for the consideration of my Richmond'ers looking for something to do this fine fall weekend:
  • Long Arms (featuring James Menefee River City High) plays at The Triple on Friday (followed by a Fun Size reunion!) and The Canal Club on Saturday, check it out. (Full disclosure: James has possibly served Julian at least 50 cocktails throughout the years at a popular Church Hill spot.)

that's pretty funny.  i was just asking a friend of mine about a week or two ago whatever happened to james/his band(s).   haven't seen him in probably ten years.. i used to be pretty good friends with a girlfriend of his back in high school.[/list]

« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2009, 09:57:30 am »
How is the Capital Ale House for food? They have a mightly impressive beer list. Granted, it looks like the pickings are slim for animal lovers like Julian.
I have been there several times with people and while it obviously leaves me wanting, no one else has ever complained. It looked at least above average.

« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2009, 09:59:58 am »
that's pretty funny.  i was just asking a friend of mine about a week or two ago whatever happened to james/his band(s).   haven't seen him in probably ten years..
Well now you know! Basically all the guys in RCH got married other than him and he was left with no band. I'd be glad to PM you where he tends bar, although I'm sure if you put together "popular Church Hill spot" and "Julian," you'll be able to narrow it down to only 2 options on your own.

thirsty moore

« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2009, 10:53:20 am »
Gwar just opened a restaurant called Chez Gwar.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2009, 11:47:45 am »
Gwar just opened a restaurant called Chez Gwar.

Lots of 'food for thought' here. I can just imagine how the food is served. Chefs, waiters and bartenders all throwing food and beverages of all types to each other and then the customers... and the customers (at least, those who know what to expect) all loving it.