Author Topic: Noel leaves Oasis  (Read 5122 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Noel leaves Oasis
« on: August 28, 2009, 06:23:54 pm »
There is an official statement on Oasisnet, regarding his departure. Word is a bloody fight took place at tonites Paris gig, which ended in Liam smashing Noel's guitar right before the band was due on stage.
T.Rex

serpent boy

Re: Noel leaves Oasis
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 06:31:08 pm »
Woah. I can't imagine the split will last long. Sounds like typical Gallagher stuff to me.

eros

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 08:32:29 pm »
Woah. I can't imagine the split will last long. Sounds like typical Gallagher stuff to me.

Yep, right at the end of their tour.  Shocker.

He'll be back.
ʎɐʍou

godsshoeshine

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 09:38:12 pm »
they were together at a man city match last weekend (or maybe the weekend before)
o/\o

wml7

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 04:19:22 pm »
Noel speaks again

http://consequenceofsound.net/2009/08/29/another-statement-from-noel-gallagher/

I wonder if a cat will make him happy  ;D

bearman🐻

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 10:36:23 am »
So, this is where Bearman tells the story of how the chick he was with in 1996 was indirectly responsible for ending Oasis' North American tour after their show at the Nissan Pavilion. The girl (we'll call her Yoko) was having major flirtations with Liam, and at the time his then-girlfriend Patsy Kensit (can't stand her) was on tour with them. We were backstage and just outside this trailer that let into the band's dressing room, and there was a small window through the door. Yoko presents photos of Liam and her to the bodyguard, but the photos get intercepted by ol' Patsy, who proceeds to have an inaudible meltdown. I watched her through the little window in the door as her face ballooned into a bright crimson as she screamed "No...NO...NO!!!!" and the bodyguard (who is clearly shaken) asks us to please leave immediately and that there was NO way we were getting back there. We leave with tails between our legs, but I'm thinking more about how cool it was to get kicked out and what a great story it was. Then the next day we hear that Liam got into some altercation with Noel that blew up hardcore. Noel flew back on the Concorde while everyone else flew home on other flights. I imagined Liam and Patsy duking it out, then Noel flipping out for not having his shit together with his girlfriend.

Point of the story...they'll be back yet again once things cool down. Gotta love the drama though.

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 10:45:10 am »
I didn't even know they were still a band.
FUKIT

hutch

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 11:40:33 am »
So, this is where Bearman tells the story of how the chick he was with in 1996 was indirectly responsible for ending Oasis' North American tour after their show at the Nissan Pavilion. The girl (we'll call her Yoko) was having major flirtations with Liam, and at the time his then-girlfriend Patsy Kensit (can't stand her) was on tour with them. We were backstage and just outside this trailer that let into the band's dressing room, and there was a small window through the door. Yoko presents photos of Liam and her to the bodyguard, but the photos get intercepted by ol' Patsy, who proceeds to have an inaudible meltdown. I watched her through the little window in the door as her face ballooned into a bright crimson as she screamed "No...NO...NO!!!!" and the bodyguard (who is clearly shaken) asks us to please leave immediately and that there was NO way we were getting back there. We leave with tails between our legs, but I'm thinking more about how cool it was to get kicked out and what a great story it was. Then the next day we hear that Liam got into some altercation with Noel that blew up hardcore. Noel flew back on the Concorde while everyone else flew home on other flights. I imagined Liam and Patsy duking it out, then Noel flipping out for not having his shit together with his girlfriend.

Point of the story...they'll be back yet again once things cool down. Gotta love the drama though.

HA! I was at that Nissan show... good to know!

bearman🐻

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 11:43:05 am »
That was the one time I got to see Manic Street Preachers too...and the Screaming Trees now that I can think about it. Josh Homme was touring with them at the time too.

slappy

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 01:07:15 pm »
I'd like to see King Monkey and Noel form a band.

Relaxer

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 04:34:28 pm »
I feel like I read a long time ago that Liam got into a fight with one of the Screaming Trees backstage at that show
oword

Frank Gallagher

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 09:43:01 pm »
I was at that Nissan show too and the tension between Noel and knobhead was obvious. Patsy Kensit should have stayed on Emmerdale Farm the stupid slag.

I hope Oasis are gone forever because that means that Liam will have to get a paper round or some other form of employment to make a living because he's a talentless wanker withouth his brother.

I look forward to Noels first solo album because he is truly talented. Liam just sailed on his brothers coat tails and happened to be the lead singer...no talent, nothing but an attitude that is deserving of a good old fashioned mancunian arse-kicking.

It was about time this happened really. I hope to God they don't get back together.

I think Paul Weller and Noel Gallagher should tour together.

Oh, I forgot.....Noel quitting Oasis is like Dave Mathews quitting DMB.....just exactly what's left after that??? A bunch of session players supporting the Backstreet Boys reunion????????
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 09:52:02 pm by Frank Gallagher »

Relaxer

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 09:03:32 am »
Liam has The Voice. Noel was/is an average singer, and he could never have pulled off Cigarettes & Alcohol or Slide Away. Liam is a twat to be sure, but it was his voice just as much as Noel's songs that took them to the top.
oword

wml7

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 12:00:18 pm »
it was the eye brows and bowl cuts that made them  ;D

hutch

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 12:26:20 pm »
The main problem these guys have is they can't write good songs anymore! I think this "breakup" is just Oasis' way of going into a hiatus that they would have gone into anyways as they had wrapped up the tour and pretty much squeezed every last dollar out of people....

They'll take a few years off and come back and take people's money again.

I think Liam is a terrible frontman.. I mean he just stands there with his arms crossed looking at the crowd as if he wants to beat the shit out of them! It gets old quick..