Author Topic: SlaughterHouse No Show, No Refund...  (Read 7152 times)

killsaly

Re: SlaughterHouse No Show, No Refund...
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2009, 05:20:27 pm »
Isnt Slaughterhouse the group that was bitching because illegal downloaders caused their album to not be number one?

Here was one of the members rants:
Dear You,

Way to go internetters. Pat yourselves on the back. Run laps of joy. You have now officially exiled yourselves from marketplace relevance. Slaughterhouse sold 18,000 records last week.

Congrats, you are a nobody.

Gotty? warned you ragamuffins about your dependency on free downloading, and did anyone listen? Nope. You had a chance to prove yourselves and the Slaughterhouse album flopped. Plain and simple it did Brooke Hogan numbers.

The Interweb has been going bonkers since Mouse, Royce, Joell and Crooked announced they would join to form a blogger?s Wet Dream Team (ll). Fuckery, fights and misspellings aside, Slaughterhouse has seemed to be able to do no wrong, which is rare considering that they?re swimming in a thinktank of scrutiny and angry commenters. Almost every bar has been met with e-oohs and ahhs. And the album is dope. 4 Cigs dope.

Still. 18 stacks?

Slaughterhouse is an Internet phenomenon. It is full of MCs that have gained recognition via the blogs and produced an album catered completely to the sites & their visitors without even a dream of a crossover hit. And out of the tens of thousands of Internet Hip-Hop fans that frequent TSS, Nah Right, etc. all we could muster up was 18,000 purchases - much lower than the already measly 23-25K the album was expected to sell. And I know you got the album. It?s been all anyone could talk about for the past two weeks. And despite how dope you thought it was, it still apparently wasn?t purchase-worthy.

Ladies and gents, you have now reserved the right to shut the fuck up. No more complaining about Wale making songs with Gucci Mane and Lady GaGa. No more grumbling because Wayne has too many ?Ms. Officers? on his album. Zip it. Why would a label care what you think? You?re not affecting the marketplace and in the grand scheme of things, the 18,000 albums you?re going to buy are just a drop in the bucket compared to the sales that ?selling out? provides.

For these execs, money = power and our reliance on Rapidshare has squandered any perceived power the net had left. This shows that no artist can be completely sustainable on Internet support alone. Trust, the labels were watching.

This was a test.

Your grade? F. A big fat F to everyone.
Thought i remembered hearing their name recently...

azaghal1981

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2009, 05:37:14 pm »
Wow that's even funnier than the Future of the Left dude's rant.
احمد

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2009, 08:03:11 pm »
i'm still waiting for the obligatory comment from julian's richmond.

WWRS?
😐 🎶

Julian, Alleged Computer F**kface

• JULIAN'S AMERICA - It makes my taco pop!
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 09:06:18 pm »
This has absolutely nothing to do with Richmond as fas as I can tell.

I will say though that Mos Def was supposed to play Richmond either the end of last year or beginning of this one, and re-scheduled 3 times, then (according to reports) showed up 3 hours late for the show he actually did play, had no opener, and performed for around 45 minutes.

walkonby

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 09:13:16 pm »
This has absolutely nothing to do with Richmond as fas as I can tell.

I will say though that Mos Def was supposed to play Richmond either the end of last year or beginning of this one, and re-scheduled 3 times, then (according to reports) showed up 3 hours late for the show he actually did play, had no opener, and performed for around 45 minutes.

for shear clarification, when i say julian's richmond, i simply mean julian in general, such as julian's america was a representation of all things julian.  not to be confused with anything to do with richmond.  julian's richmond is the new julian's america, which of cource . . . is julian. 

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2009, 09:19:06 pm »
Julian's Richmond IS NOT Julian's America.

Julian's America was my personal look at what was going on the world, whereas Julian's Richmond is nothing more than a humorously-titled niche thread (because after all, "It's a Julian world, the rest of you just live in it!") for the 10 or so Richmond boardees to share restaurant rec's and plan meetups at local venues.

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2009, 09:35:43 pm »
  If I arrive at a 9pm show and the artist has not arrived to perform the 7pm show yet, shouldnt I be entitled to a refund so I can go home?
Yes, if willing to turn over your ticket, absolutely after 4 hours in my mind, you're entitled to a refund and I can't believe if you asked at the box office that you wouldn't have gotten one.

When I arrived last night and SlaughterHouse was not performing, my frustration is directed at SlaughterHouse.  But why can't I get a refund, get back in my car and go home?
Had it been the headliner, of course. The opener though? Eh, idk about that. Most ticketing agents have it as boiler plate that opening acts are subject to change so it's a risk you take. Still, I can't believe if you showed up, saw it posted that the opener wasn't there and said at the box office that's who you bought a ticket to see that they wouldn't have worked with you BEFORE YOU WENT IN.

I know I come off as critical of IMP in comparison to the fanboy slurping on here, but I think I'm fair and they do seem to care about their customers. I cannot believe if you spoke to the Box Office manager (i think his name is Tom) that they wouldn't have done something for you in the first situation, and even the second if you told them before you went in.

walkonby

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 09:35:51 pm »
but you are no longer allowed to have julian's america, which was, say not, a representation of all things julian?  so julian's richmond is forced by a no vote of julian's democracy to be the new interim and imposing julian's american.  sorry julian . . . the non julian has spoken.

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2009, 09:37:57 pm »
but you are no longer allowed to have julian's america, which was, say not, a representation of all things julian?  so julian's richmond is forced by a no vote of julian's democracy to be the new interim and imposing julian's american.  sorry julian . . . the non julian has spoken.
Julian's America is going to return, simply not on this board.

That said, if any of the moderators have access to the deleted threads forum (which i'm pretty sure this software has as a default) then I would appreciate being copied the old articles so I can move them offsite.

azaghal1981

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2009, 10:40:22 pm »
I have trouble believing that you wouldn't have been accommodated during that Mos Def debacle especially if you showed up for the late show that probably didn't start until midnight at the earliest.
But re:last night, openers are always subject to change.
احمد

Sir HC

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 05:35:37 pm »
So I was at this last Mos Def show.  He was there, he was pretty much on time (early for a Hip-Hop show), played well, played long, and everyone I would say left happy. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 01:16:59 am »
Yeah, last time went really well.

I'm kind of bummed I opted to go to Skygreen Leopards beforehand thinking that he'd go on later than he did. Ended up missing half of his set in favor of a piss-poor Skygreen showing but what I caught of Mos Def was excellent.
احمد

Relaxer

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2009, 09:20:17 am »
the new mos def album is very good
the slaughterhouse album is shit
the new raekwon album is very good bordering on excellent
the new jay z is good for the first half and then trails off
that's all I have to say in this thread
oword

azaghal1981

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009, 01:31:45 pm »
I'm halfway through the Raekwon and am inclined to agree.
احمد

nkotb

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 02:07:15 pm »
I would like to be informed of this development.  Also, I'd become a fan of Julian's American if it were on Facebook...and I don't fan things lightly!

Julian's America is going to return, simply not on this board.

That said, if any of the moderators have access to the deleted threads forum (which i'm pretty sure this software has as a default) then I would appreciate being copied the old articles so I can move them offsite.