Author Topic: TCV  (Read 50231 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: TCV
« Reply #150 on: September 09, 2009, 10:47:34 pm »
How about an email telling me it was cancelled so I can try for the public onsale.  Or an email period.  I would have never known if I hadn't looked at my CC statement.

ah, now that's a different complaint - poor customer service/communication.  yeah, tickets.com aren't the best at that.

I guess its no use venting to you guys, you all must have gotten the memo already..  2 ticket limit has always meant you can only buy two a time to me.

what it means to you is irrelevant, it's what it means legally that matters.  when a presale says there is a X ticket limit, that's X tickets total, no matter how many orders you take to achieve the limit.  this has always been the case, i've never seen a presale with an limit-per-order but no number-of-orders limit.

and venting to us is always useful - gives us cannon fodder.
<sig>

walkonby

« Reply #151 on: September 09, 2009, 10:50:54 pm »
sorry mekmad you got srewed by the company man.  it is a simple truth that you are not a scalper or ticket broker.  for if you were, you would have been allowed to get 1-10 tickets to the show and then resell them for kickbacks galore to all connected parties . . . like the countless ebay auctions offer.

and to those who are already dissing the show before seeing it, do not let that deathfromabove guy hear your prattlings . . . for he dothe think that josh only shites rainbow flavoured marshmallows.  

mekmad

« Reply #152 on: September 09, 2009, 10:56:05 pm »
sorry mekmad you got srewed by the company man.  it is a simple truth that you are not a scalper or ticket broker.  for if you were, you would have been allowed to get 1-10 tickets to the show and then resell them for kickbacks galore to all connected parties . . . like the countless ebay auctions offer.

and to those who are already dissing the show before seeing it, do not let that deathfromabove guy hear your prattlings . . . for he dothe think that josh only shites rainbow flavoured marshmallows.  

I guess the scalpers are hip to the rule, use your buddy's credit card for the other set of tickets..  Whatever, I'm going.  Just sucks I misled my friends.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #153 on: September 10, 2009, 12:29:41 am »
it is a simple truth that you are not a scalper or ticket broker.  for if you were, you would have been allowed to get 1-10 tickets to the show and then resell them for kickbacks galore to all connected parties . . . like the countless ebay auctions offer.

yes, walkies, that's right - scalpers and brokers have a secret back door to tickets.com that gives them access to tickets that the rest of us don't.  this is keeping with the 930's long-standing tradition of cooperating with scalpers.  those tickets for sale on ebay and stubhub aren't just regular folks who bought tickets the same way you and i did... no, definitely not.  these people have super-powers  ::)
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #154 on: September 10, 2009, 02:54:27 am »
I love the conspiracy theory kooks!
FUKIT

Bombay Chutney

« Reply #155 on: September 10, 2009, 06:38:37 am »
Yeah, I have to agree, this is really unspectacular. I can't imagine any of us listening to them 2 years from now.

I don't really plan on listening to them in 2 years.  I plan on them rocking like crazy next month though.  That's why I'm going.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2009, 10:24:47 am »
Yeah, I have to agree, this is really unspectacular. I can't imagine any of us listening to them 2 years from now.

have you heard the album yet?  if not, how can you say if we'll be listening to them in two years?  i'm reserve judgment on predicting the longevity of a band based on short youtube studio clips and youtube cell-cam live footage.  and yeah, i don't always have a long-term horizon for my musical appreciation :)
<sig>

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2009, 10:46:35 am »
Two years?  I live for today.  Hell I might not even be on this planet any more in two years!
FUKIT

RustyOrgan

« Reply #158 on: September 10, 2009, 11:19:38 am »
Two years?  I live for today.  Hell I might not even be on this planet any more in two years!

I'm really fucking psyched for this!!

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #159 on: September 10, 2009, 03:44:24 pm »

I'm really fucking psyched for this!!

You are psyched for the fact that I might not even be on the planet in two years?  DAMN!  :)
FUKIT

Bags

« Reply #160 on: September 16, 2009, 05:23:40 pm »
This same thing happened to a friend for the Vfest -- 2 presale tickets and 1 regular sale ticket, but the regular sale ticket was voided due to the 2 ticket limit.

Yeah we got tickets yesterday as well.  A good day is in my future I see.

I bought a set of tickets at 930 presale and TCV's presale and one of them was cancelled, apparently there is a 2 ticket limit?  Did anyone else encounter this or see where this was written anywhere?   My 2 friends will be devistated, I am really quite annoyed.  It was 2 seperate presales!!!!!

eltee

« Reply #161 on: October 02, 2009, 10:42:08 pm »
a friend took some photos at  Stubb's: http://www.soundcheckmagazine.com/featured-content/1777-reviewphotos-them-crooked-vultures-at-acl-studios-and-stubbs
Jeez. Now I'm really wanting to see them.

Mr.Whippy

« Reply #162 on: October 03, 2009, 10:34:44 am »
I just saw this band in Austin and it was amazing.  If you love Josh Homme, this band is a very, very good thing.  I have never been so entertained by a show by a band where I did not know any of their music going into it.  This at the club is just going to destroy.  Again, if you are a Homme fan, this band is absolute bliss.

bearman🐻

« Reply #163 on: October 04, 2009, 10:02:32 pm »
God, I cannot wait now!!

betao

« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2009, 01:59:34 am »

How about an email telling me it was cancelled so I can try for the public onsale.  Or an email period.  I would have never known if I hadn't looked at my CC statement.

I guess its no use venting to you guys, you all must have gotten the memo already..  2 ticket limit has always meant you can only buy two a time to me.

This same thing happened to a friend for the Vfest -- 2 presale tickets and 1 regular sale ticket, but the regular sale ticket was voided due to the 2 ticket limit.

I had this problem with Ticketmaster as well for Vfest, and they didn't contact me before hand to notify me that my ticket had been canceled. I mean, they even sent me a confirmation email for my order. Apparently it's in their "rules" that they don't do that. I called TM to complain about the incident, and they said "oh thats all listed in our terms and services, and the email it sent you is automatically sent whenever a ticket is purchased".

Shitty customer service, IMO. I am ok with an order being canceled, but not notifying me about it is a shady practice.
Very frustrating indeed.

*sorry to derail the thread, hope that everyone going to this show has a good time