Author Topic: DC Vinyl Collectors/Cratediggers thread...  (Read 10081 times)

RustyOrgan

Re: DC Vinyl Collectors/Cratediggers thread...
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 02:59:04 pm »
Soundgarden - Fells Point / Baltimore, MD

tobyd

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 03:19:40 pm »
Cool.

VINYL RECORD STORES - DC AREA

CD Cellar - Wilson Blvd., Arlington, VA
CD Cellar - Falls Church. VA
Crooked Beat - 18th St. NW, DC
Joe's Record Paradise - Rockville, MD
Normal's - Baltimore, MD
Record + Tape Exchange - Fairfax, VA
Red Onion - 18th St. NW, DC
Smash - 18th St. NW, DC
Som - 14th St NW, DC
Soundgarden - Fells Point, Baltimore, MD
True Vine - Hampden, Baltimore, MD
Vienna Music Exchange - Vienna, VA

hutch

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 12:06:36 pm »
Anyone else go to the record show up at Comet today?

I came away with about 20 records for $100...I had to just take myself out of there or I would have kept buying until I reached financial oblivion.. One guy was unloading some nice jazz stuff at $2 apiece..

The guys trying to sell scratched to hell records for $28 crack me up! Like Jorge Ben's first record in mono but  banged to shit; come on...Or the guy trying to get $200 for a Miles Davis Kind of Blue????

Tight space at Comet...

I'm starting to recognize the vendors from the previous two shows...

At these things I wish I knew how to haggle...
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 12:09:24 pm by hutch »

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 10:22:43 am »
^^^I was there. Pretty crowded when I showed up around 3pm. Came up on some records that were $2 mainly.

Christine Moritz

« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 12:11:50 pm »
Tight space at Comet...

Yes.

:(

I wasn't very happy because I felt incredibly claustrophobic -- after walking in, I was strongly tempted to walk right back out.  I managed to make myself stay for 45 minutes, but I had to spend a good bit of time waiting just to get access to the crates.  The two dealers I'd bought from at the previous fair weren't there, and I left empty-handed.

I'm hoping they can strike a better balance of number of vendors to the amount of available space for the next fair.  I enjoyed the previous one (except for the lack of air conditioning in the hot weather), and managed to get 6 or 7 records and 5 CDs.

renton007

« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2009, 02:08:31 pm »
Yeah, it was way to crowed. Some dude with his large stomach snaked his way past me and I almost fell into one of the tables. It was too much to try to hang around and find some hidden gems but I got the following.

The Jam: Setting Sons
Magazine: Secondhand Daylight
Galaxy 500: This is Our Music (New)
VU & Nico (New 180g)
Kraftwerk: Ralf and Florian
Eno: Music For Films
Sun Ra: Strange Strings (new 180g) 

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2009, 08:01:29 pm »
Tight space at Comet...

Yes.

:(

I wasn't very happy because I felt incredibly claustrophobic -- after walking in, I was strongly tempted to walk right back out.  I managed to make myself stay for 45 minutes, but I had to spend a good bit of time waiting just to get access to the crates.  The two dealers I'd bought from at the previous fair weren't there, and I left empty-handed.

I'm hoping they can strike a better balance of number of vendors to the amount of available space for the next fair.  I enjoyed the previous one (except for the lack of air conditioning in the hot weather), and managed to get 6 or 7 records and 5 CDs.

I do remember doing a show at Comet and it was a very tight packed place. Still fun to go to but be prepare to be in a tight spot. They did this record fair at Comet before, right?

Some of those records were way overpriced from what they looked like. I'm glad I just went theough the cheaper stuff. Without previewing some of those records, I would've been ass out.....