Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182052 times)

Yada

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #10695 on: August 09, 2021, 01:57:23 pm »
Bought their limited release Golden Teacher (because of the cool artwork)
Golden Teacher is a psychedelic Mushroom strain...hence the graphics

can confirm

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10696 on: August 09, 2021, 02:39:57 pm »
where's ggw when you actually need him?
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #10697 on: August 09, 2021, 03:05:47 pm »
where's ggw when you actually need him?
I regret to have to inform you . . .
LVMH

« Reply #10698 on: August 09, 2021, 03:17:13 pm »
there were some idiots I'm glad left and never came back...but I felt GGW was a great addition to the many flavors of the board and wish we weren't always talking to the echo chamber here
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #10699 on: August 09, 2021, 03:23:22 pm »
there were some idiots I'm glad left and never came back...but I felt GGW was a great addition to the many flavors of the board and wish we weren't always talking to the echo chamber here

At the risk of being labeled an idiot, I'll  posit that he preceded you here by a number of years. Wouldn't that make you the addition, and not him? :)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #10700 on: August 09, 2021, 03:24:58 pm »

At the risk of being labeled an idiot, I'll  posit that he preceded you here by a number of years. Wouldn't that make you the addition, and not him? :)
*labels as idiot*
LVMH

« Reply #10701 on: August 09, 2021, 04:04:33 pm »

I'm horrible at grammar and spelling (and getting good seats...the trifecta) but did you seriously think that I meant what you said?
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #10702 on: August 09, 2021, 04:10:27 pm »

I'm horrible at grammar and spelling (and getting good seats...the trifecta) but did you seriously think that I meant what you said?

He came and went at least a couple of times. I just assumed you weren't aware that he had been here prior to you (and me, I think.) and maybe he was "gone" at the point you joined, then later came back.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10703 on: August 09, 2021, 04:35:57 pm »
i don't think that being called "a great addition to the many flavors of the board" says anything about precedence of membership/longevity... it's merely a statement of appreciation of what he brought to the conversation. i think you misfired on this one, space.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10704 on: August 09, 2021, 07:56:55 pm »
in local beer news (well, local for you lot)

- Sapwwod brewed a collab with Other Half: "We dropped by Other Half Brewing DC last week for the brew day on our collab Cone Concentrate. It's a DIPA brewed with loads of Simcoe (plus a custom Simcoe oil). You'll have to visit their place in a few weeks to snag it, but they'll be stopping by Columbia for a collab before too long!"

- Idiom Brewing in Fredneck is expanding: they're opening up a production facility with a bigger canning line, so expect to see 4-packs or sixers of their stuff on shelves at some point.  they got some big wooden foeders that will be used for lagers and stouts in the short-term, and sours eventually.
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10705 on: August 10, 2021, 09:57:04 am »
Haven’t been to many breweries in Frederick but Idiom is the best I’ve had.

If there are better ones, please advise.

Space Freely

« Reply #10706 on: August 11, 2021, 11:15:29 am »
Yesterday, we stopped for a seafood lunch on the coast in Jersey, then hit the beach. After, we stopped at Kane Brewing, arguably one of the top breweries in Jersey. We sampled an ipa, a fruited berlinner, an Italian pilsner, and a barrel aged stout. All very good to excellent. Everything was outside under a large tent in their parking lot. Apparently, they still haven't reopened their indoor taproom....which was fine with me.

Not sure what's on tap for today beer wise, but we're a five minute walk from Folksbier and an eight minute walk from the original Other Half Brooklyn location.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 11:23:47 am by Space Freely »

vansmack

« Reply #10707 on: August 11, 2021, 12:20:04 pm »

Mountain Dew is getting a boozy kick.

PepsiCo Inc. and Boston Beer Co. said they plan to partner on an alcoholic version of the Mountain Dew soft drink with the brand Hard Mtn Dew. The coming product is a nod to what the companies see as evolving tastes of drinkers, executives said Tuesday.

Boston Beer, the company behind the Samuel Adams beer and Angry Orchard hard cider, will make the alcoholic Mountain Dew rendition, while PepsiCo has set up a new entity to sell the product, the companies said. They expect it to be on shelves in early 2022.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mountain-dew-gets-boozy-rendition-in-pepsico-boston-beer-partnership-11628618239
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #10708 on: August 11, 2021, 12:30:02 pm »
Haven’t been to many breweries in Frederick but Idiom is the best I’ve had.

If there are better ones, please advise.

I've been to a bunch of the Fredneck breweries, and Idiom is probably the best. Monocacy is decent too. The rest, forgettable.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10709 on: August 11, 2021, 12:44:37 pm »
Mountain Dew is getting a boozy kick.

PepsiCo Inc. and Boston Beer Co. said they plan to partner on an alcoholic version of the Mountain Dew soft drink with the brand Hard Mtn Dew. The coming product is a nod to what the companies see as evolving tastes of drinkers, executives said Tuesday.

Boston Beer, the company behind the Samuel Adams beer and Angry Orchard hard cider, will make the alcoholic Mountain Dew rendition, while PepsiCo has set up a new entity to sell the product, the companies said. They expect it to be on shelves in early 2022.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/mountain-dew-gets-boozy-rendition-in-pepsico-boston-beer-partnership-11628618239

They shoulda called it Mountain Don't.
The first time someone accidentally dumped alcohol into Mountain Dew, they discovered meth.

- Colbert