Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3206241 times)

Space Freely

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #11295 on: April 06, 2023, 01:47:00 pm »
Who the fuck is Travis Twit?

You remind me of the guy who was trying to argue that nobody knows who LCD Soundsystem is.

Travis Tritt’s albums, seven of which are certified platinum or higher, have led him to amass more than 30 million in career album sales, 2 Grammy awards, 4 CMA Awards, including CMA Horizon Award (now known as the New Artist Award); a Billboard Music Award for Top New Artist, an invitation to become a member of the world-famous Grand Ole Opry and a devoted fan base that has filled venues from coast-to-coast.  He is also dubbed one of the “The Class Of ’89,” which includes Country music superstars Garth Brooks, Clint Black, and Alan Jackson – all of whom dominated the charts in the ‘90s.

Among his 11 studio albums and numerous charted singles are 5 #1s and 20 Top 10 hits, including “Help Me Hold On,” “Anymore,” “Can I Trust You With My Heart,” “Foolish Pride,” “Best Of Intentions,” “I’m Gonna Be Somebody,” “Modern Day Bonnie & Clyde,” “Here’s A Quarter,” “It’s A Great Day To Be Alive,” and more.

« Reply #11296 on: April 06, 2023, 01:48:45 pm »
it's odd that this guy is against LGBTQ stuff with his style

slack

« Reply #11297 on: April 06, 2023, 01:50:08 pm »

You remind me of the guy who was trying to argue that nobody knows who LCD Soundsystem is.
I would argue that Travis is way more well known that LCDSS

also, jack daniels is on the boycott list too
https://twitter.com/Travistritt/status/1643791339350360068?s=20

What are rednecks to drink?
I hope wild turkey is safe from the wokness
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 01:51:47 pm by WeakestOfSauces ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Hutch

« Reply #11298 on: April 06, 2023, 01:52:13 pm »
That was 30 years ago?!? That Travis Twit? Has he had a hit the last 20 years?

Wait is he the guy who plays the Birchmere cause he is a total has been?

Yeah I don’t think that’s like LCD

Space Freely

« Reply #11299 on: April 06, 2023, 02:05:15 pm »
That was 30 years ago?!? That Travis Twit? Has he had a hit the last 20 years?

Wait is he the guy who plays the Birchmere cause he is a total has been?

Yeah I don’t think that’s like LCD

I'm in no way advocating for Travis Tritt, but he's also headlining this 8500 capacity venue in Athens, GA that Wilco and Jerry Seinfeld are also headlining at.

https://classiccenter.com/396/Upcoming-Events

Also headlining other venues of that side.

Of course Travis Tritt plays $200 Birchmere shows because he's not going to pack the Anthem. But he seemingly still packs them in elsewhere.

Yada

« Reply #11300 on: April 06, 2023, 02:05:51 pm »
Who will be the first to complain about the taplist and prices of beer at The Atlantis... I'll bet the farm on Space.

Hutch

« Reply #11301 on: April 06, 2023, 02:14:32 pm »
Whatever they do you can bet there will be complaints.

At a 930 show I overheard some guys talking about how 930 was now charging stadium prices. I couldn’t exactly disagree. I noticed not that many people were getting beers. There is a point at which people just say fuck that.

I say bring back at least one cheap beer….maybe without advertising it…

I remember $3 buds…of course it was25 years ago….

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11302 on: April 06, 2023, 02:39:42 pm »

I would argue that Travis is way more well known that LCDSS

i would argue that both are HUGE... in small, isolated niches. neither of them have crossed over into the mainstream.

LCDSS are big in the indie/dance/NYC/etc scenes.  but i can totally see how someone who isn't into those scenes might not have ever heard of murphy & co.

tritt is apparently a really big name in country... but as someone who isn't into country, i can honestly say i had never heard of him until yesterday.  zero name or face recognition for me. 

i consider myself to have an above-average awareness of music, i go to a lot of shows (at least used to), i follow music biz news, i make the mistake of reading you music nerds on the daily, etc... and i couldn't have picked tritt out of a lineup 24 hours ago. 

one shouldn't assume that their personal knowledge = common knowledge, which is hard to do when the personal knowledge is deep.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 02:41:28 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #11303 on: April 06, 2023, 05:01:07 pm »
Commonwealth Brewing to open an Old Town Fairfax location.

I can thi of a number of others I'd prefer, but I'll gladly take it.

« Reply #11304 on: April 06, 2023, 05:06:57 pm »
Commonwealth Brewing to open an Old Town Fairfax location.

I can thi of a number of others I'd prefer, but I'll gladly take it.
That’s awesome, one of my favorite breweries
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #11306 on: April 07, 2023, 06:01:59 pm »
"The Cullen–Harrison Act, named for its sponsors, Senator Pat Harrison and Representative Thomas H. Cullen, enacted by the United States Congress on March 21, 1933, and signed by President Franklin D. Roosevelt the following day, legalized the sale in the United States of beer with an alcohol content of 3.2% (by weight) and wine of similarly low alcohol content, thought to be too low to be intoxicating, effective April 7, 1933. Upon signing the legislation, Roosevelt made his famous remark, "I think this would be a good time for a beer."

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11307 on: April 07, 2023, 06:34:25 pm »
Kid rock and I agree...fuck bud light
https://twitter.com/KidRock/status/1643090302410936323?s=20

TIL the rainbow cans of bud light that i thought were at the center of this brouhaha are not available to the public.  they will not be distributed.  AB made one can and gave it to a trans influencer.  so it's not like every Bubba Sixpack is being forced to drink the rainbow.  to my mind this makes this fair kerfuffle even stupider than before.
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11308 on: April 07, 2023, 06:37:38 pm »
also, apparently today (4/07) is National Beer Day.  maybe i should mark this special occasion by not having a beer, for once ;D
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #11309 on: April 07, 2023, 06:43:02 pm »
I'm out.