Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181299 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #6105 on: December 10, 2015, 12:59:06 pm »
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 01:02:05 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #6106 on: December 10, 2015, 02:54:04 pm »
Can someone please explain to me the appeal of the overpriced three liter bottle of beer?

I mean you can get five 650ml bottles of Stone Double Bastard for under $50, or you can get a three liter bottle (less total beer) of the same beer for $100.

Heck, you could five Stone Box of Bastards, which would give you 20 650ml bottles of beer, including five Double Bastard bombers, for just slightly over $100.

I suppose if holding the big bottle makes you look as cool as this guy, there's your answer.

« Reply #6107 on: December 10, 2015, 03:13:25 pm »
Thought of Julian yesterday in Total Wine and saw they were selling the GWAR Oderus Ale is a American Pale Ale

BA gives it an 88!

I'm surprised that this beer hasn't received a bit more acclaim. usually one-offs are mediocre despite the pedigree.

L - A beautiful straw color, this beer looks like a pal ale should

S- a little sour and a little funky, grass notes and a bit of citrus abound.

T- a wonderful dank grass, with citrus and a hint of pine. slight hints of tropical fruit and an ever so slightly minty aftertaste.

F- a smooth and pleasing mouth-feel, very well executed.

O- While this beer might not be a powerhouse, the sweet yet subtle hops, and the light tropical tastes make this an amazing beer. It works perfectly as a compliment to spicy food, for instance a Calinete grilled cheese from Mr. C's food truck at the brewery, or a nice pot of chili. Additionally, I can't think of a beer I would rather have while sitting at the beach reading, or casting a line of a pier.
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #6108 on: December 10, 2015, 03:16:21 pm »
Thought of Julian yesterday in Total Wine and saw they were selling the GWAR Oderus Ale is a American Pale Ale
I'm really going to need a TRIGGER WARNING for my PTSD before you post stuff like that. . .
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 03:28:35 pm by Carlos Spicyweiner, a Julian®©? BRAND »
LVMH

« Reply #6109 on: December 10, 2015, 03:30:20 pm »
I'm really going to need a TRIGGER WARNING for my PTSD before you post stuff like that. . .

Sorry man, but I'd love to see your review

Look -
Smell -
Taste-
Feel -
Overall-
slack

« Reply #6110 on: December 10, 2015, 03:31:37 pm »

Sorry man, but I'd love to see your review

Look -
Smell -
Taste-
Feel -
Overall-
My review was in video form and it is still there on the Instagram page. "Bad, even by beer standards."
LVMH

« Reply #6111 on: December 10, 2015, 03:39:34 pm »
Look - Like that fecund swimming hole with green drossy vileness and fake blood intermingling.

Smell - Actually not that offensive in this regard.

Taste- Like a normal beer had soured like milk.

Feel - Like swallowing fake blood.

Overall- "Bad, even by beer standards."
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6112 on: December 10, 2015, 03:58:00 pm »
Can someone please explain to me the appeal of the overpriced three liter bottle of beer?

this may come as a shock to you, but sometime it's not about the price or value.

there is something baller about drinking from such a big bottle.  it's a cool communal thing to all be pouring from the same vesel.  it's as much something to taste as it is something to look at (i.e. you can display it).  some just like to show off that they overpaid.  etc.
<sig>

vansmack

« Reply #6113 on: December 10, 2015, 04:14:29 pm »
this may come as a shock to you, but sometime it's not about the price or value.

there is something baller about drinking from such a big bottle.  it's a cool communal thing to all be pouring from the same vesel.  it's as much something to taste as it is something to look at (i.e. you can display it).  some just like to show off that they overpaid.  etc.

You like Coldplay, don't you?
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #6114 on: December 10, 2015, 04:25:02 pm »

I must confess, I had to google the word "baller".

I poured from a 650ml Double Bastard to a community of four at Thanksgiving. Then we proceeded to pour beer of comparable quality from three more 650-750ml bombers. I'm pretty sure the end result was the same.  ;)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #6115 on: December 10, 2015, 04:27:51 pm »
I have one of these sitting empty on a shelf.  IIRC, the beer was delicious.  I'm thinking the bottle would make an excellent lamp.

http://alchemicale.com/monsters

walk,on,by

« Reply #6116 on: December 11, 2015, 12:59:55 am »

You like Coldplay, don't you?

how, dare you.

walk,on,by

« Reply #6117 on: December 11, 2015, 01:03:45 am »

I mean you can get five 650ml bottles of Stone Double Bastard for under $50, or you can get a three liter bottle (less total beer) of the same beer for $100.

Heck, you could five Stone Box of Bastards, which would give you 20 650ml bottles of beer, including five Double Bastard bombers, for just slightly over $100.

I suppose if holding the big bottle makes you look as cool as this guy, there's your answer.

America, equals indulgence.  jesus, james freely, you don't know that.  we are talking on a expensive toy machine connected to an invisible created sparkle space called the internet which satisfies all things 24 hours a day as we jerk off to left over materialism.  that's why that guy buys that big bottle.  thats why we look at it and think it is cool.  the end.

Yada

« Reply #6118 on: December 11, 2015, 08:32:33 am »
What's even worse is that's a terrible beer,.at least buy a good magnum.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #6119 on: December 11, 2015, 09:59:01 am »
<sig>