Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3218473 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8970 on: October 04, 2018, 12:13:24 pm »
I wonder what kind of beer Brett Kavanaugh likes. I bet he drinks Amstel Light.

Didn't you attend any parties with him in your youth?
If it isn’t on the calendar, it didn’t happen.
LVMH

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8971 on: October 04, 2018, 12:33:02 pm »

Seems like a good possibility... or a sam adams lager if he's feeling wacky.

Corona. 
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8972 on: October 04, 2018, 12:40:07 pm »
And also, just say NO to imperial stouts on 90 degree days.

eff that advice.  drink whatever you want. 

I get that a thick, syrupy 13% beer might not be the first thing folks reach for when it's 90*F, but still...
<sig>

hutch

« Reply #8973 on: October 04, 2018, 02:43:15 pm »
Heineken would have been the preppy beer back then....

Space Freely

« Reply #8974 on: October 04, 2018, 02:50:33 pm »
Heineken would have been the preppy beer back then....

Speaking of Heineken

Lagunitas Brewing Co., a Heineken-owned brewing company with headquarters in Petaluma, announced Tuesday that it would be laying off 12 percent of its workforce. The brewery cited a "retrenchment of the American craft beer market" as the reason for the layoffs, the Santa Rosa Press Democrat reported.

walkonbyeeeeeeeee

« Reply #8975 on: October 04, 2018, 04:15:06 pm »
In other words, every one else doesn't want your brats there.  You fucked, had kids, deal with it.  Stop burdening every one else with your problems.  Can't we have one place on earth, where kids have to stay the fuck out.

How about the Crew Club?

Why, would you ask that?  You like fucking kids?

Space Freely

« Reply #8976 on: October 04, 2018, 04:22:22 pm »
In other words, every one else doesn't want your brats there.  You fucked, had kids, deal with it.  Stop burdening every one else with your problems.  Can't we have one place on earth, where kids have to stay the fuck out.

How about the Crew Club?

Why, would you ask that?  You like fucking kids?

I like kids in breweries, yes.

You asked for one place on earth where kids have to stay the fuck out. So that was my suggestion. I could have additionally named a number of different strip clubs, swingers clubs, etc.

I agree that there are places where kids shouldn't be allowed. Breweries aren't one of those places.

vansmack

« Reply #8977 on: October 04, 2018, 05:08:10 pm »
I bring both my dog and my child into bars/wine bars, but always respect the wishes of a proprietor who doesn't want them there.  I tend to frequent places that allow for them more often, so I vote with my wallet.
27>34

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8978 on: October 04, 2018, 06:42:51 pm »
I bring both my dog and my child into bars/wine bars, but always respect the wishes of a proprietor who doesn't want them there.

we haven't specified this yet, but yes - we're only talking about places that accept children.  if a venue has a "no children allowed", "must be over 21", etc. policy then obviously kids don't belong.  should someone show up to that sort of a place with kids in tow, then indignation is an understandable response.  was is this specific situation that got your drawers in a knot, walkies?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2018, 10:50:35 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #8979 on: October 04, 2018, 07:44:19 pm »
I bring both my dog and my child into bars/wine bars, but always respect the wishes of a proprietor who doesn't want them there.  I tend to frequent places that allow for them more often, so I vote with my wallet.

You have a child now? Congrats.

This is how i feel. Though my dog is too poorly behaved. We tried to bring him a couple of times but he's just too crazy. My kid has always been pretty well behaved in public.

Yada

« Reply #8980 on: October 04, 2018, 09:36:39 pm »
I bring both my dog and my child into bars/wine bars, but always respect the wishes of a proprietor who doesn't want them there.

we haven't specified this yet, but yes - we're only talking about places that accept children.  if a venue has a "no children allowed", "must be over 21", etc. policy then obviously kids don't belong.  should someone show up to that sort of a place with kids in tow, then indignation is an understandable response.  was is this specific situation that got your drawers in a know, walkies?

You're just noticing now that walky is the grumpiest old bastard ever?

hutch

« Reply #8981 on: October 05, 2018, 09:19:12 am »
He is grumpy sometimes and elated/friendly at others...

Sounds like alcoholism

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8982 on: October 05, 2018, 02:39:12 pm »
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #8983 on: October 05, 2018, 02:46:40 pm »

Seems like a good possibility... or a sam adams lager if he's feeling wacky.

Corona. 

apparently he's more of a PBR guy?

Anti-Kavanaugh Protesters Hold 'Confirmation Kegger' Outside Mitch McConnell's House Ahead of Vote
Brett Kavanaugh Protesters Bring Beer, Chant ‘Chug’ Outside Mitch McConnell’s House

I wonder if stories like this, and the different stories of chasing Cruz, Sanders, Nielsen, etc. out of restaurants will end up helping or hurting the Democratic cause come next month.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8984 on: October 05, 2018, 02:54:33 pm »
i don't see this "kegger protest" as doing much either way.

but chasing GOP'ers out of restaurants hurts the Dems, IMO.  the lack of civility upsets people, gets 'em fired up.  and those confrontations are hollow victories for the left... at best, you interrupted their dinner?  woopee.  you let them know you disagree with them?  you think they didn't already know that?  in my view, they're firing up the right with nothing to show for it.
<sig>