Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3216685 times)

K8teebug

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #9480 on: September 25, 2019, 01:55:10 pm »
Has anyone had TreeHouse (MA)? I'm heading up there in a few weeks and will be staying verrry close by.

Yes and definitely worth it... I will say it's not the blow your socks off place it once was as haaaaze has caught up everywhere but still great beer and an absolute gorgeous facility and outdoor space.

It would probably make sense to make sure there isn't some nutty beer being released the day you plan to visit as it could definitely ruin the experience.

REALLY like the treehouse beers!

Yada

« Reply #9481 on: September 25, 2019, 02:50:33 pm »
Absolute massive amounts of OH at Downtown Crown

Thanks for posting. We'll be passing through that area on Saturday. Wonder if any will be left?

Had an Other Half beer at CK called Cobbler Jams. It was a sour IPA. Wish they were sending down that one in cans.

This was around 11am. I'm sure they'll be at least a few cans, but you never know.

« Reply #9482 on: September 25, 2019, 03:01:57 pm »
you are going to drive to gaithersburg for a few cans?
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #9483 on: September 25, 2019, 03:12:56 pm »

Not sure if you're talking to me or someone else. If me:

No, I wouldn't go to Gaithersburg for a "few cans" of Other Half, especially given that I have a decent amount in my fridge. However, we're planning on hiking in the Frederick area, so this store, which is right off 270, would be a quick detour.

I'd definitely drive to Gaithersburg for a few cans of Tree House.

Yada

« Reply #9484 on: September 25, 2019, 03:26:58 pm »

rumor has it tax is less in Brooklyn and cans are 23 cents cheaper. I wouldn't put it past space to drive there.

Bagley

« Reply #9485 on: September 25, 2019, 05:17:54 pm »
Other half offerings at Downtown Frown:

-'DDH Citra Daydream' Oat Cream IPA (6% ABV) "Double Dry Hopped Citra Daydream is an Oat Cream IPA. Part of our Dream/Daydream series, it's packed with Citra hops and Citra Lupulin powder, oats and a hint of lactose sugar to smooth it out." $18/4-pack

-'DDH All Citra Everything' Imperial IPA (8.5% ABV) "Our standard All Citra Everything double dry hopped with an extra dose of Citra lupulin powder." $20/4-pack

-'We've Been Out There in Orbit' Imperial Stout (13% ABV) "Imperial Stout w/ Wild Thai Banana, Caramel, and Toasted Walnuts." $16/500ml bottle

-'Viridian Daydream' Imperial Oat Cream IPA (8.2% ABV) "Smooth oats and a little lactose are the foundation for a hop explosion of Citra, Mosaic, Motueka, Galaxy and Mosaic Cryo." $20/4-pack

-'Triple Space DIamonds' Imperial IPA (10.5% ABV) "Now Even More Diamonds!!! More Galaxy and more of everything else." $22/4-pack

-'DDH Forever Simcoe' Imperial IPA (8.5% ABV) "Double Dry Hopped Forever Simcoe takes our regular Forever Simcoe and hits it with a second dry hopping with Simcoe Lupulin Powder." $20/4-pack

-'DDH Double Mosaic Daydream' Imperial Oat Cream IPA (8.5% ABV) "Double Dry Hopped Double Mosaic Daydream is an Oat Cream Imperial IPA similar to Double Mosaic Dream, but brewed with oats and lactose sugar. Mosaic at it's juiciest and creamiest." $20/4-pack

-'DDH Did I Make Myself Clear' West Coast IPA (7.3% ABV) "Mosaic, Citra and Galaxy combine to make a tasty West Coast style IPA. This batch gets hit with a little extra in the form of Citra and Mosaic Cryo." $18/4-pack

-'DDH ROC Showers' IPA (7.4% ABV) "An updated version of Hop Showers for the Rochester area. We swapped out the regular Amarillo for Galaxy for this version. Double dry hopped with Citra cryo and Galaxy." $18/4-pack

-'DDH Oh...' IPA (6% ABV) "Double Dry Hopped Oh… is our crushable wheat and oat IPA with Citra, Citra Lupulin, Galaxy and Motueka." $18/4-pack

-'DDH All Green Everything' Imperial IPA (10.5% ABV) "Double Dry Hopped All Green Everything is our Triple IPA brewed with Amarillo, Motueka, Citra and Mosaic. We then double dry hopped it with Citra and Mosaic Lupulin powder. We decided to update our yeast strains on this one with a fruitier variety." $22/4-pack

Yada

« Reply #9486 on: October 02, 2019, 01:10:28 pm »
Another Wednesday other half drop at DTC.

Bagley

« Reply #9487 on: October 02, 2019, 01:17:14 pm »
Wanted a lowish ABV NEIPA so  I picked up a 4 pack of the Oh last week.  Didn't love it.  Not sure I like the lupulin powder addition.

Space Freely

« Reply #9488 on: October 02, 2019, 02:22:33 pm »
Wanted a lowish ABV NEIPA so  I picked up a 4 pack of the Oh last week.  Didn't love it.  Not sure I like the lupulin powder addition.

I wanted the same so also picked up one of those as well as the 'DDH Citra Daydream' Oat Cream IPA they were selling. Haven't tried either but will report when I do.

Pretty much every IPA/DIPA/TIPA I've had from Other Half has been solid, but I haven't fallen in love with any of them.

Yada

« Reply #9489 on: October 02, 2019, 02:23:49 pm »

I wanted the same so also picked up one of those as well as the 'DDH Citra Daydream' Oat Cream IPA they were selling. Haven't tried either but will report when I do.

Pretty much every IPA/DIPA/TIPA I've had from Other Half has been solid, but I haven't fallen in love with any of them.

The Veridian was my favorite thus far... I've all but given up on Triples. Pointless.

Space Freely

« Reply #9490 on: October 02, 2019, 02:48:47 pm »
As if there weren't enough sick drinkables at Snallygaster, we also get this:

Snally Sightings

When: October 8 – 11

Where: The Strongholds of the NRG Empire

Over 150 breweries will be pouring beer at Snallygaster on October 12. Some of these breweries are local, many are not. Some of those out-of-town breweries distribute in DC, many do not. So, if those latter breweries are going to send a special delivery of beer to Snallygaster, why not have them throw a few more kegs on the truck?

That’s essentially the logic behind the inaugural Snally Sightings, a collection of events you might otherwise refer to as Snally Week.

“In years past, Snallygaster was more about local brewers saving their best for the event, which meant there wasn’t a lot left over for pre-events,” Snally mastermind Greg Engert explained to me earlier this week. “But now, we’re bringing in so many breweries that don’t typically send beer here, and they want to send more than just a couple of kegs.”

It’s also becoming increasingly harder for Engert and company to limit their sections from each brewery when breweries are releasing more and more one-offs and rotating beers.

“When a brewery sends us a list, it’s easy to pick two well-regarded beers for Snally and still have a half-dozen really attractive beers left over,” Engert says. “Once we had a kernel of people who wanted to send us more beer this year, we started working with some other [out-of-town breweries], in addition to some local ones, and Snally Sightings all came together. It’s a pretty awesome week of events.”

Yes, “pretty awesome” would be an accurate statement. Check out the full list below (and click through for draft lists).

Tuesday, October 8th
AZ Wilderness & The Rare Barrel at The Partisan

Wednesday, October 9th
Finback, Magnify, Foam, and Mikerphone at ChurchKey
Cascade, Crooked Stave, and Wolves & People at The Sovereign
Bierstadt, Bond Brothers, and TRVE at Rustico Alexandria
Thursday, October 10th
Narrow Gauge, Deciduous, and Charles Towne Fermentory at Rustico Ballston
 Burley Oak at Red Apron Union Market
Allagash & Commonwealth at Owen’s Ordinary

Friday, October 11th
Bissell Brothers, The Veil, Tired Hands, and Cloudwater at ChurchKey
Equilibrium at B Side
American Solera & Prairie at The Partisan
Fonta Flora, Scratch, Jester King, Pen Druid at The Sovereign

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
<sig>

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #9492 on: October 04, 2019, 01:08:06 pm »
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #9493 on: October 05, 2019, 08:46:49 pm »
I'm looking at the 930 tap list and woah when was the last time they added something new? Who even knew the still made oak barrel stout? That keg's probably 10 years old.

hutch

« Reply #9494 on: October 05, 2019, 08:55:42 pm »
Shouldn’t this be in Hey Seth?