Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181738 times)

walkonby

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 30, 2010, 11:03:48 am »
i drank miller lite out of a can all weekend.  they went down like water and i couldn't stop drinking them.  i thought it odd that i only found myself peeing in the woods and not really getting hammered.  but maybe hammered is overrated and i should just be happy with the fact that sometimes beer in a can is ok.

Bagley

« Reply #151 on: August 30, 2010, 11:15:10 am »
Anyone know how long the Hopslam keg lasted at Big Hunt on Friday?   Big fan of the nugget nectar as well.  Seems to taste significantly better on tap though.  Tried the Lagunitas Hopstoopid over the weekend.  Thought it stood up to the hopslam pretty well

K8teebug

« Reply #152 on: August 30, 2010, 11:22:37 am »
I love Fat Tire.  I pretty much only drink drafts when I travel to places that have it.

My favorites right now are Allagash White and Oliver Three Spires.

James Ford

« Reply #153 on: August 30, 2010, 11:24:43 am »
Sometimes beer in a can is better than ok.

i drank miller lite out of a can all weekend.  they went down like water and i couldn't stop drinking them.  i thought it odd that i only found myself peeing in the woods and not really getting hammered.  but maybe hammered is overrated and i should just be happy with the fact that sometimes beer in a can is ok.

brennser

« Reply #154 on: August 30, 2010, 11:49:19 am »
10 minutes

Anyone know how long the Hopslam keg lasted at Big Hunt on Friday?   Big fan of the nugget nectar as well.  Seems to taste significantly better on tap though.  Tried the Lagunitas Hopstoopid over the weekend.  Thought it stood up to the hopslam pretty well

slappy

« Reply #155 on: August 30, 2010, 12:11:07 pm »
I love Fat Tire.  I pretty much only drink drafts when I travel to places that have it.

My favorites right now are Allagash White and Oliver Three Spires.

Fat Tire seems to have a decent distributor in NC as it was even in grocery stores on the Outer Banks this summer.
I kept it local by getting growlers from Outer Banks Brewing Station. Their Lemongrass Wheat Ale is good for hot days on the dunes.

James Ford

« Reply #156 on: September 10, 2010, 01:15:11 pm »
Hey Walkonby, check out what's on tap at Dupont Paradiso

On Tap at PPDupont:
St. Bernardus Abt 12
Lagunitas A little Sumpin Sumpin
Harpoon Triticus
Weyerbacher Double Simcoe
BFM Biere Ambree au Tarry Suchong
Ommegang Rare Vos
La Rulles Estivale
Silly Super 64
Avery White Rascal
Rogue Brutal Bitter
Del Ducato Sally Brown Baracco
Allagash Fluxus 2010
On Cask:
Oliver?s Bishop?s Breakfast

walkonby

« Reply #157 on: September 10, 2010, 03:00:20 pm »
oh those gay parts of town . . . they sure do know what's great against the lips.

Joke Insurance

« Reply #158 on: September 13, 2010, 09:04:49 am »
I'm really digging this:

I think you can find that at either Ramparts Tavern or Rustico Restaurant, both in Alexandria.

Joke Insurance

« Reply #159 on: September 13, 2010, 09:38:09 am »
Here is what I tried last month after going to Total Wine & Beverage and the Target in Burke. And the only beer that I did not enjoy throughly was the Pilsner Urquell:

James Ford

« Reply #160 on: September 24, 2010, 07:48:42 am »
Had this from the tap last night. A truly world class beer. Thankfully not as crazy as the Goose Island Bourbon Stout.

Also had this from the tap. Not in the same league, but still very good.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:50:19 am by James Ford »

walkonby

« Reply #161 on: October 19, 2010, 07:06:56 pm »
in the country, if you live there . . . it is difficult to find good beer, sometimes because the snobby owners of the store thinks people in the area only want "whatever" microbrews.  so i was elated when i came across

a few days later, actually tonight, i was in a good mood so i opened up one of

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #162 on: October 22, 2010, 03:18:37 pm »
(Not wanting to start a new thread so I'm borrowing this one.)

Hey Seth, this would make a nice addition to your bar selection.

Dixie Elixirs

At the moment, the thing that I'm the most curious about is why the dark brown bottle is taller and the silver/clear one is ever so slightly different in shape.

walkonby

« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2010, 07:47:46 pm »
another score in the country . . . a special limited edition 200th munich oktoberfest mug / beer can combo

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #164 on: December 16, 2010, 01:16:28 pm »

finally got around to trying delirum tremens.

people have been talking up DT as if it was the holy grail of beer.  maybe my expectations were too high... or maybe it just isn't my idea of the perfect beer.  it was certainly above average, i liked the creamy feeling each sip left behind, but it was almost too sweet for me.  at that price there are other beers i'd rather spend my money on.
<sig>