Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181300 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #466 on: July 28, 2011, 10:26:15 am »
Dirty Bastard is ok but did not live up to the hype, IMO. I still have a few left in my fridge.

To each their own, I guess.

James Ford

« Reply #467 on: July 28, 2011, 01:21:21 pm »
Which Scottish/Scotch ales would you recommend? Is it that particular beer you don't like, or is it you don't like the style?

I generally prefer hoppy ipa's or dark Belgians, but for the stype I haven't found anything to beat it.

Dirty Bastard is ok but did not live up to the hype, IMO. I still have a few left in my fridge.

To each their own, I guess.

hutch

« Reply #468 on: July 28, 2011, 04:17:13 pm »
I'm hoping for a DC beer that you can find at area bars.. kind of like what was it..foggy bottom ale... a local beer..  also it should be reasonably priced.. there are plenty of $6 beers in dc these days.

not somethind you get at the supermarket or at two froo froo bars in col heights.

James Ford

« Reply #469 on: July 28, 2011, 08:37:35 pm »
Sounds like you might as well just go with Bud or PBR and pretend it's made in DC.

I'm hoping for a DC beer that you can find at area bars.. kind of like what was it..foggy bottom ale... a local beer..  also it should be reasonably priced.. there are plenty of $6 beers in dc these days.

not somethind you get at the supermarket or at two froo froo bars in col heights.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #470 on: July 28, 2011, 08:42:36 pm »
when he said $6 for a six pack . . . i kinda thought the same thing.  even where i live, you can't get good beer for under $9 in the grocery stores.

James Ford

« Reply #471 on: July 28, 2011, 10:48:12 pm »
I was thinking he was implying that $6 for a beer at a bar was high, and that he wanted something that was more cheaper.

when he said $6 for a six pack . . . i kinda thought the same thing.  even where i live, you can't get good beer for under $9 in the grocery stores.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #472 on: July 29, 2011, 04:28:33 pm »
Which Scottish/Scotch ales would you recommend? Is it that particular beer you don't like, or is it you don't like the style?

I generally prefer hoppy ipa's or dark Belgians, but for the stype I haven't found anything to beat it.

I prefer those types of beers as well.  Perhaps that's my problem.  But, I've gotta try new things and, unfortunately, it appears that Scottish ales are just not my thang.  They're ok.....but I'd almost always rather have something else.

ggw

« Reply #473 on: July 29, 2011, 06:11:52 pm »
Does anyone else find the Sam Adams IPA to be totally nasty?

I am no beer expert, but when I do drink, I pretty much only drimk IPAs. And that Latitude 48 has some funky sweetness going on.

Relaxer

« Reply #474 on: July 29, 2011, 06:17:42 pm »
This is literally the first time I've opened this thread I think.
I like that Sam Adams Latitude one. At the moment I'm drinking an Abita Amber. It's pretty good. I have some Black Dog Ale in the fridge that I got at Franklins a few weeks ago. That's pretty good too.
oword

Yada

« Reply #475 on: July 31, 2011, 03:08:43 pm »
Happy Fridge  :o

Unsanity

« Reply #476 on: July 31, 2011, 07:15:39 pm »
Bells Oberon. Tasty.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #477 on: July 31, 2011, 08:43:12 pm »
miller high life . . . bud in a can . . . corona in a can . . . anything by sierra nevada or sam's adams

not tasty at all.

i think the fridge just threw up.

Yada

« Reply #478 on: July 31, 2011, 08:49:28 pm »
miller high life . . . bud in a can . . . corona in a can . . . anything by sierra nevada or sam's adams

not tasty at all.

i think the fridge just threw up.

Please freak out and quit the board again.

I do agree about the sam adams, some one brought that to my house.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #479 on: July 31, 2011, 10:39:40 pm »
I'M SO FUCKING SORRY IF SOMEONE ELSE'S FUCKING OPINION IS FUCKING DIFFERENT THAT YOURS.  NOW KINDLY STICK YOUR LIFE IN YOUR FRIDGE AND FUCK OFF.

is that a good enough freak out for you?   ;D