Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182144 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #645 on: September 30, 2011, 11:26:31 am »
Anyone know where I could find that Stone 15?  I can't find it anywhere.

MD, preferably.

K8teebug

« Reply #646 on: September 30, 2011, 11:27:52 am »
Haven't had the Sixpoint IPA, but did have the burger beer and really liked it.  Very drinkable.

All the Southern Tier beers I've had are just way too intense.  I do not need that much flavoring in beer.  Like a chocolate raspberry flavored coffee....ick.

K8teebug

« Reply #647 on: September 30, 2011, 11:28:27 am »

MD, preferably.

I saw it at Beltway Liquors last week.  Which means it's likely also at Corridor.

James Ford

« Reply #648 on: September 30, 2011, 12:15:56 pm »
Do you say the same thing about food in terms of not liking much flavoring?

If I'm pairing a beer with a meal, I can appreciate not wanting to much intensity in a beer. You don't want to overwhelm the food.

But with the Mokah and the Choklat (and Pumking), they're dessert beers to be sipped on their own, maybe with a piece of dark chocolate. So to me, the more flavor the better! That said, some of flavors that they offer just don't sound appealing in and of themselves (like the one you mentioned).

The Southern Tier Harvest Ale is on the other end of the spectrum. Very bland and boring.

All the Southern Tier beers I've had are just way too intense.  I do not need that much flavoring in beer.  Like a chocolate raspberry flavored coffee....ick.

K8teebug

« Reply #649 on: September 30, 2011, 01:09:38 pm »
I think the Pumking is just way too much.  And the creme brulee stout.  I understand their appeal, but they're just too much.  I don't need to be hit in the face by my pumpkin beer.  Post Road is my favorite.

fatskippy

« Reply #650 on: September 30, 2011, 01:23:38 pm »
different strokes, Post Road is my least favorite of the pumpkins I've tried because there isn't enough going on

imbecile

« Reply #651 on: September 30, 2011, 01:42:55 pm »

MD, preferably.

Not sure how close you are to Columbia, but it's certainly at the Perfect Pour.

fatskippy

« Reply #652 on: September 30, 2011, 01:48:46 pm »

MD, preferably.

Not sure how close you are to Columbia, but it's certainly at the Perfect Pour.

Chevy Chase Wine has it too, and a cool search function for their inventory

http://www.chevychasewine.com/products.php

K8teebug

« Reply #653 on: September 30, 2011, 02:45:55 pm »
different strokes, Post Road is my least favorite of the pumpkins I've tried because there isn't enough going on

that is funny.  I love to hear people's thoughts on their favorite pumpkin beer!  I do find that those who love pumpking don't really care for post road. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #654 on: September 30, 2011, 03:18:48 pm »

comes out tomorrow

vansmack

« Reply #655 on: September 30, 2011, 03:50:07 pm »
You guys need this:

Untappd Android App

27>34

i am gay and i like cats

vansmack

« Reply #657 on: September 30, 2011, 04:02:22 pm »
I disagree.  I think I'm more fun:

"Untappd is a new way to socially track, rate, & share with your friends what beers you're enjoying, as well as where you're enjoying them. You can see what beers are trending nearby and where you can find them. Untappd will also share recommendations based on your drinking preferences. Curious about a specific beer? See what other users are saying about it and add it to your wish list to make sure you remember to find it! As you explore more brews and locations, you will uncover a variety of badges."
27>34

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #658 on: September 30, 2011, 04:16:48 pm »
I disagree.  I think I'm more fun:

"Untappd is a new way to socially track, rate, & share with your friends what beers you're enjoying, as well as where you're enjoying them. You can see what beers are trending nearby and where you can find them. Untappd will also share recommendations based on your drinking preferences. Curious about a specific beer? See what other users are saying about it and add it to your wish list to make sure you remember to find it! As you explore more brews and locations, you will uncover a variety of badges."

i dunno, 20-year-old BBS technology seems like a better way to track our beer drinking.
(o|o)

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #659 on: September 30, 2011, 06:07:45 pm »
i like to give it up to grocery stores that try.  out in here in the country, we have country stores, convenience stores, corner markets, drug stores, small grocery stores, and a walmart . . . that sell beer.  it is a lot.  rednecks love beer.  but out of all of those choices, only one tries.  lost in a world of miller, bud, coors, michelob and anything four dollars a twelve pack, is a grocery store that totally altered the makeup of their store so they could have a better wine and beer selection, with a walk in cooler to boot.  plus single beers and everything overpriced.  but i didn't care and got one of each of these to try

1. chimay ale grande reserve (tall)

six pack of singles contained

sierra nevada torpedo (somehow i remeber hating this before, but now i like ipas)
heineken dark
heavy seas peg leg imperial stout
widmer brothers  rotator ipa
lancaster brewing  hop hog  ipa
spaten oktoberfest

(somehow i also feel that most of these, beside the chimay and spaten, of course, and maybe the heineken . . . are horrible beers and i'll hate them.)

high seas peg leg stout - awesome!
spaten - awesome, as always.
sierra torpedo - i think i liked it . . . but good god, can one beer have anymore ipa in it?
heineken dark - good, liked it, so there.
the others have not been drunk into a state of drunk, which is odd by now.

take that, app.