Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182232 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #1140 on: March 05, 2012, 10:55:17 am »
Never. Typically we split two or three beers between two people and don't drive for 2.5 hours. And neither of us are featherweights. At that point we're well below the legal limit.

Home of my favorite pizza/beer place, favorite gelato place, and an underused playground to take the kid to and sober up in before driving (a straight shot) home to the VA burbs. What's not to love?  :)

Pizza Paradiso in Georgetown had Hopslam on draft for $4 and it lasted 2+ days.

But that means hanging out in Georgetown.

^^drives drunk with child in the car^^  :o :o :o

j/k... kind of.

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #1141 on: March 05, 2012, 11:45:38 am »
Never. Typically we split two or three beers between two people and don't drive for 2.5 hours. And neither of us are featherweights. At that point we're well below the legal limit.

Nothing like a father and daughter sharing a beer together.  :D

j/k  ;)

James Ford

« Reply #1142 on: March 05, 2012, 11:48:31 am »
So far, she's turned down all beer offers. Damn straightedge kids these days, she doesn't know what she's missing.

;D

j/k  ;)

Yada

« Reply #1143 on: March 05, 2012, 12:14:18 pm »
So far, she's turned down all beer offers. Damn straightedge kids these days, she doesn't know what she's missing.

;D

j/k  ;)

I was sipping foam off my grandpa's Schlitz at the ripe old age of four, no wonder I turned out the way I did.

James Ford

« Reply #1144 on: March 05, 2012, 12:17:29 pm »
I exhibited beer snobbishness early on when I spit out a sip of my dad's friend's Budweiser when I was eight or so. Didn't try beer again for a number of years, and then I insisted on the good stuff. Like Labatt's or Molson Golden.

;D

j/k  ;)

I was sipping foam off my grandpa's Schlitz at the ripe old age of four, no wonder I turned out the way I did.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1145 on: March 05, 2012, 12:24:15 pm »
then I insisted on the good stuff. Like Labatt's or Molson Golden.

effen snob!

;D
<sig>

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1146 on: March 05, 2012, 01:08:48 pm »
Molson Golden

The gold standard back when I started.  Only bought it when I planned on sitting back and enjoying a few.  As opposed to the times I attempted to drink as much as I could as quickly as I could.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1147 on: March 05, 2012, 03:42:43 pm »

;D

j/k  ;)

http://brookstonbeerbulletin.com/craft-beer-ale-a-parody-of-dr-seuss-green-eggs-ham/

Yada

« Reply #1148 on: March 06, 2012, 10:22:43 am »
What does anyone know about this brew??

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/27039/16814

Up there with the coveted hopslam?

James Ford

« Reply #1149 on: March 06, 2012, 10:47:43 am »
I know if you've gone to Vermont and brought some back home, you need to come to my house and share.

;D

Have not had it but would like to.

Within a three hour drive of where I grew up, so maybe I'll get some at some point. Or maybe they'll expand distribution.

Yada

« Reply #1150 on: March 06, 2012, 11:09:16 am »
I know if you've gone to Vermont and brought some back home, you need to come to my house and share.

;D

Within a three hour drive of where I grew up, so maybe I'll get some at some point. Or maybe they'll expand distribution.

I should have a half case in the coming weeks.  8) 8) 8) 8)

James Ford

« Reply #1151 on: March 06, 2012, 11:25:07 am »
Just saw that they distribute to Bennington, which is a half hour from where a college friend lives, who I visit each summer. Hmmmmm.

;D

I should have a half case in the coming weeks.  8) 8) 8) 8)

brennser

« Reply #1152 on: March 06, 2012, 11:59:33 am »
I've had it.....worth the hype

I believe Smoke and Barrel BBQ on U Street has it (and had it on draft last week)

James Ford

« Reply #1153 on: March 06, 2012, 01:08:16 pm »
Wow, quite an IPA lineup at Dupont Pizza Paradiso for half price happy hour tonight.

Ballast Point Sculpin
Stone Ruination
Avery Maharaja
DC Brau Amageddon

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #1154 on: March 06, 2012, 01:29:28 pm »
today is my birthday . . . and i am getting so fucking drunk today . . .  starting now.  oh hell yeah!!!

plus, before i lapse into a hop induced coma . . . i don't get the bells hopslam.  and no this is not a rage of someone who did not get it.  yes i did not get it this year.  barely missed out.  oh well.  but i have tried four other bells beers; three of which were bad; one of which was down right shit; with the fourth being average at best (amber / best brown / winter white / oberon).  so is the hopslam really worth the hype.  i don't believe written reviews, only people i can speak with who have drank it.  i just can't buy that it is good . . . but what do i know; i used to think mickey's big mouth beer was the shit.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 01:43:17 pm by walkonby »