Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181179 times)

James Ford

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #2370 on: April 10, 2013, 12:39:48 pm »
Killians Irish Stout a Stout beer by Coors Brewing Company (MillerCoors), a brewery in Golden, Colorado.

Thank you for sharing.

Today I tasted a Firestone IPA.

All I can say is that it was the most repulsive beer that I have ever tasted in my life!  :-X

That was just for you James since I knew that you would appreciate it so much. ;)

I stuck with the $3 pints of Killens Stout. Not all that great but the price sure was.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2371 on: April 10, 2013, 12:40:26 pm »
oh god . . . just shut up all of you.  jesus fucking christ.  drink your stupid beer, what ever it is.  

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #2372 on: April 10, 2013, 12:43:12 pm »
Killians Irish Stout a Stout beer by Coors Brewing Company (MillerCoors), a brewery in Golden, Colorado.

Thank you for sharing.

All I can say is that it was the most repulsive beer that I have ever tasted in my life!  :-X

That was just for you James since I knew that you would appreciate it so much. ;)

I stuck with the $3 pints of Killens Stout. Not all that great but the price sure was.

Yeah, and you didn't read what I said about it later.  ::)

Go fall in your beer glass.

atomicfront

« Reply #2373 on: April 10, 2013, 12:43:54 pm »

Thank you for sharing.

Blue Moon is made by Coors too.  I would say that is a decent Beer.  For my wedding I was able to pick one craft beer and I picked Dogfish Head 60 minute.  Then for my 3 mainstreams I picked Blue Moon, New Castle, and Amstel Light.  Seemed like a good variety.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #2374 on: April 10, 2013, 12:44:20 pm »
or better yet . . . give up beer and smoke pot.  maybe youll realize that yelling is dumb.  god, can you believe this is coming from me?

Jaguar

« Reply #2375 on: April 10, 2013, 12:44:28 pm »
oh god . . . just shut up all of you.  jesus fucking christ.  drink your stupid beer, what ever it is.  

That's what Atomic and I have been saying all along.

stevewizzle

« Reply #2376 on: April 10, 2013, 12:47:21 pm »

you shut up. i just broke out the popcorn. dont spoil this for me.

James Ford

« Reply #2377 on: April 10, 2013, 12:47:38 pm »
Blue Moon decent? hahaha. You're funny. That's a joke, right?

Who forced you to serve three shitty beers (and a decent Dogfish lawnmower beer) at your wedding? It seems like it's your wedding, you should be able to have what you want.

Thank you for sharing.

Blue Moon is made by Coors too.  I would say that is a decent Beer.  For my wedding I was able to pick one craft beer and I picked Dogfish Head 60 minute.  Then for my 3 mainstreams I picked Blue Moon, New Castle, and Amstel Light.  Seemed like a good variety.

Jaguar

« Reply #2378 on: April 10, 2013, 12:49:08 pm »

you shut up. i just broke out the popcorn. dont spoil this for me.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, Walkie. Go take a walk. We've got a good bar fight going on here. ;)

Jaguar

« Reply #2379 on: April 10, 2013, 12:51:00 pm »
Now James is dictating what one can have and not have at one's wedding.

The booze seems to have turned him into a little dictator wannabe.

atomicfront

« Reply #2380 on: April 10, 2013, 12:51:45 pm »

Who forced you to serve three shitty beers (and a decent Dogfish lawnmower beer) at your wedding? It seems like it's your wedding, you should be able to have what you want.

Thank you for sharing.

It is decent beer.  So is New Castle.  Here is a clue you pick beers other people might actually like.  So say even if I could have picked the top 4 beers from Beer Advocate if no one would drink it what would be the point.  Some people only drink light beer.    

When you have a caterer you have different plans.  I got the top of the line liquor plan from the best caterer in Baltimore area.   I guess I could have a DJ and play all shitty music that gets good reviews and watch everyone have a miserable time.

James Ford

« Reply #2381 on: April 10, 2013, 12:53:01 pm »
It sounds like HE was dictated to about what he could have at his wedding. Because nobody who calls themselves a beer lover would ever purposely choose that combination.

atomicfront

« Reply #2382 on: April 10, 2013, 12:56:56 pm »
It sounds like HE was dictated to about what he could have at his wedding. Because nobody who calls themselves a beer lover would ever purposely choose that combination.

Sure they would.  Because it is not about just themselves. What craft beer and what 3 mainstream beers would you have selected?  I had the option to purchase my own beer, wine, and liquor and then just have them serve it but I didn't want the trouble of doing all that.  I had enough to do without transporting alcohol around.

James Ford

« Reply #2383 on: April 10, 2013, 12:59:23 pm »
But it YOUR FUCKING WEDDING. Pick what you like, who cares what others would like.

If I had to pick four that would appeal to a wide range of people, I'd pick:

a crisp lager (Victory Prima Pils)
a mildly to moderately hoppy pale ale (Dales Pale Ale or Sierra Nevada PA)
some kind of Belgian Golden or saison (Ommegang Henepin)
and some kind of porter or stout (Founders Porter)

and voila, I've very easily stayed away from medicre macro swill and instead gone with four stellar craft beers with mass appeal potential (and stayed away from anything excessively hoppy/sour/roasty/etc)

Thank you for sharing.

It is decent beer.  So is New Castle.  Here is a clue you pick beers other people might actually like.  So say even if I could have picked the top 4 beers from Beer Advocate if no one would drink it what would be the point.  Some people only drink light beer.    

When you have a caterer you have different plans.  I got the top of the line liquor plan from the best caterer in Baltimore area.   I guess I could have a DJ and play all shitty music that gets good reviews and watch everyone have a miserable time.

Jaguar

« Reply #2384 on: April 10, 2013, 01:05:20 pm »

Sure they would.  Because it is not about just themselves. What craft beer and what 3 mainstream beers would you have selected?  I had the option to purchase my own beer, wine, and liquor and then just have them serve it but I didn't want the trouble of doing all that.  I had enough to do without transporting alcohol around.

Atomic, be careful about how James answers this. I would venture to say he'll give a list that he wouldn't live up to. For one, he's thrifty. Don't think for a moment that he'd waste extra money on higher end beer only for a general wedding crowd. Not saying that would be wrong either. Why throw money away when, as you stated, the general crowd wouldn't be into craft beers? Too many of them actually prefer their Lites, Coors, Buds and Heinekens. This is a wedding which is a merging of families and friends; not a select party of beer drinking snobs which would be a whole different ball of wax.

Besides, James would probably pull his old trick of blaming his wife for something when he can't weasel out of the truth. She wanted it or that was the contract and she wanted said set-up. He's like that.

If beer is the most important part of any wedding, than maybe it's a drinking party one should have, not a reception celebrating a wedding.