Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182290 times)

vansmack

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #8745 on: March 14, 2018, 01:31:37 pm »
early signs that craft beer will soon jump the shark: glitter beer.  here's more
yes, this is actually a thing now.

Soon?
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #8746 on: March 14, 2018, 02:06:49 pm »
early signs that craft beer will soon jump the shark: glitter beer.  here's more

yes, this is actually a thing now.

Finally, a way to get my 10 year old to drink a hoppy IPA.

Yada

« Reply #8747 on: March 14, 2018, 02:21:53 pm »
I hope the new production facility in Alexandria will fill growlers and possibly have a bar

last I heard they were still hoping to open the tap room Q2 2018...which is only a few weeks away

What is the appeal of growler fills if cans are available?

The space/ounce ratio typically benefits the growler buyer based on previous data calculated.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8748 on: March 14, 2018, 04:10:29 pm »
I hope the new production facility in Alexandria will fill growlers and possibly have a bar

last I heard they were still hoping to open the tap room Q2 2018...which is only a few weeks away

The space/ounce ratio typically benefits the growler buyer based on previous data calculated.

although difficult to include into that calculation, one must also take quality and lifespan into account.  in general, cans will be better than growlers (less oxygen) and will last (taste fresh) longer.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #8749 on: March 14, 2018, 04:16:36 pm »

although difficult to include into that calculation, one must also take quality and lifespan into account.  in general, cans will be better than growlers (less oxygen) and will last (taste fresh) longer.

When it comes down to $$$ and ¢¢¢¢, nothing else matters in the space/ounce ratio equation. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #8750 on: March 14, 2018, 04:23:36 pm »

When it comes down to $$$ and ¢¢¢¢, nothing else matters in the space/ounce ratio equation.
I'm using this opportunity to petition him to change his username to $pa¢e Freely.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #8751 on: March 14, 2018, 04:44:52 pm »

The main question for me is which is cheaper, the 16 ounce can, or the growler fill? Because to me, 16 ounces is the perfect size for two people to split. Anything more is unnecessary and often unwanted.

Did I tell you I'm going to the beach for Spring Break and I weigh more than I ever have?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #8752 on: March 14, 2018, 04:47:15 pm »
I'm using this opportunity to petition him to change his username to $pa¢e Freely.

it's been while since i've had the opportunity to use this in the proper context, so here goes:

co-signed.
<sig>

medeski7

« Reply #8753 on: March 14, 2018, 07:02:41 pm »
Aslin still plans to open the new taproom in Herndon.

hutch

« Reply #8754 on: March 14, 2018, 07:27:27 pm »
Herndon??? Might as well be in West Virginia

« Reply #8755 on: March 14, 2018, 09:48:01 pm »
Aslin still plans to open the new taproom in Herndon.
yes, but I guess they really wanted to ramp up production (which they should) but can't expand the place they are already setting up
Although I know very little details, but I do know Herndon is slated to open Q2-2018 straight from the brewers mouth

Herndon??? Might as well be in West Virginia

I kinda agree
It is closer than the Fillmore to you, but it's almost never 'on the way' to somewhere else

its right off the bike trail, so I'll be riding by often, unlike Ocelot which is nearly impossible to get to by bike
« Last Edit: March 14, 2018, 09:52:11 pm by realDavidDennison »
slack

Yada

« Reply #8757 on: March 16, 2018, 10:55:53 am »
nice to see some local representation with the VeiL (#1 seed in SE region), Aslin and the Answer

hadn't even heard of Goonda Beersmiths out of Baltimore?
will have to check them out

in other beer news...VA trying to lure MD breweries across the border

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 11:10:48 am by realDavidDennison »
slack

Yada

« Reply #8758 on: March 16, 2018, 11:26:34 am »
nice to see some local representation with the VeiL (#1 seed in SE region), Aslin and the Answer

hadn't even heard of Goonda Beersmiths out of Baltimore?
will have to check them out

in other beer news...VA trying to lure MD breweries across the border

I've had one Goonda beer at Meridian Pint and it was quite good... hazy bro, like the rest of them, but quite good.

Yada

« Reply #8759 on: March 21, 2018, 10:50:01 am »
Can anyone confirm if $pace is a "non essential" employee?

If so, $pace, what are you drinkin' and pairing today?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:42:33 am by Yada »