Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182034 times)

brennser

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #10515 on: April 27, 2021, 02:04:32 pm »
As it happens I had what I think are my first 2 semi decent OHDC beers this weekend - Triple Dream Cut Imperial Oat Dream and Triple Crushed Gems

Spent an idyllic afternoon at Wheatland spring yesterday - perfect temps and a fantastic new IPA on tap - Test of Time - been a long time since I stuck to a single beer at a brewery but I did just that yesterday

Last year, I went to Elder Pine and Lone Oak in Maryland, same day, first time for each. And as much as I loved Elder Pine, I was unimpressed by Lone Oak (though the water was pretty.)

We pretty much had the same experience in VA yesterday. First stop was Wheatland Spring. Beer was awesome, staff was friendly and professional, grounds were inviting, sandwich tasty if a little overpriced, the music they played was on point. Just a perfect stop after a hike at Harpers Ferry.

Then we went to Vanish Farmwoods and it was terrible. Mediocre beer (honesty we dumped half a pour of both beers), forgettable food, felt like I was at a bad beer theme park or state fair. There was a cover band, and while they started tolerable with a couple of Ramones covers (is it even possible to mess up a Ramones song?) it went downhill from there (my wife argues that while Blink 182 is respectable, Nickelback crosses the line...me, I just hate all 90's pop/rock/"alternative" music.) Also, the people there were just kind of gross and trashy. And trash on the bathroom floors.

Glad that you liked Wheatland - its great

I went to Vanish about 18 months ago and it was one of the worst 60 minute period of my life - a seething mass of mediocre people drinking mediocre beer, screaming kids everywhere - would never ever go back

WALKonBack

« Reply #10516 on: April 27, 2021, 02:17:42 pm »
It is a known fact that people who bring kids to breweries, are mediocre.

Yada

« Reply #10517 on: April 29, 2021, 11:12:44 am »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10518 on: April 29, 2021, 12:52:31 pm »
^ nice.  i have a bottle of golden blend packed away somewhere... maybe time to break it out.
<sig>

shemptiness

« Reply #10519 on: April 30, 2021, 01:00:11 pm »

Space Freely

« Reply #10520 on: April 30, 2021, 02:03:57 pm »
This new beer tastes like climate change, and it’s not good

"We made it mediocre on purpose."

Is that the excuse they give for all of their lame beers? (La Folie and Le Teroir excepted)

« Reply #10521 on: May 03, 2021, 12:28:19 pm »
Sounds like they might be trying to get the Walkie target audience (although this came out of the Hop Culture’s women in craft beer festival: Beers With(out) Beards...so maybe not)

https://www.hopculture.com/queer-beer-fest-hop-culture-samuel-adams/
some cool cans, can't comment on the taste
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #10522 on: May 03, 2021, 11:47:21 pm »
I wonder if queer beer, sucks.   I wonder if queer beer, fills you up.  I wonder, if queer beer, is deep and dark.  I wonder if queer beer goes down, great.  I wonder if queer beer, is thick and heady.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 11:50:10 pm by WalkOnBack »

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10523 on: May 06, 2021, 02:41:01 am »
Miller High Life pushes to establish ‘Champagne of Beers Region’

the part that's especially relevant for smackie: "It’s even seeking to appoint its first-ever Champagne of Beers Region ambassador, a title that has perks including $20,000 in cash, beer for a year and an all-expenses paid trip to Milwaukee. To enter, fans can go to www.TheChampagneOfBeersRegion.com and explain why they deserve to be named ambassador."  unfortunately, you'll have to travel to milwaukee. 
<sig>

« Reply #10524 on: May 10, 2021, 11:23:28 am »
Bummed you couldn't take your pooch to the bar with you while you drink...we've got a solution for you
https://barksocial.com/

heck, you don't even have to clean up after your dog
Bark Rangers clean up after your dog and ensure safe play

although the membership is kinda steep ($40 for monthly, less if you sign up for a year...there is a day pass too $10 for weekday, $15 for weekend)
Humans are ALWAYS FREE.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 11:25:44 am by Who’s saying that?-Hatch ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10525 on: May 10, 2021, 11:35:08 am »
Bummed you couldn't take your pooch to the bar with you while you drink...we've got a solution for you

although the membership is kinda steep ($40 for monthly, less if you sign up for a year...there is a day pass too $10 for weekday, $15 for weekend)
Humans are ALWAYS FREE.

Do they need to add dog sounds to imissmybar.com?

Yada

« Reply #10526 on: May 10, 2021, 11:36:13 am »

Humans are ALWAYS FREE.

Sounds about white.

vansmack

« Reply #10527 on: May 10, 2021, 11:38:15 am »
Miller High Life pushes to establish ‘Champagne of Beers Region’

the part that's especially relevant for smackie: "It’s even seeking to appoint its first-ever Champagne of Beers Region ambassador, a title that has perks including $20,000 in cash, beer for a year and an all-expenses paid trip to Milwaukee. To enter, fans can go to www.TheChampagneOfBeersRegion.com and explain why they deserve to be named ambassador."  unfortunately, you'll have to travel to milwaukee. 

I don't have to apply.  I merely have to agree to relinquish my throne.
27>34

Yada

« Reply #10528 on: May 17, 2021, 07:36:56 pm »

« Reply #10529 on: May 18, 2021, 06:20:02 am »
looks awesome to me^
slack