Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3181745 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #10545 on: May 24, 2021, 11:55:11 am »
but is the yeast organic??  if not, that product is an imposter #demandjusticenow

also, light beers are always made with either corn, rice, sugar, or a derivative thereof - will that be organic too?
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #10546 on: May 24, 2021, 12:04:10 pm »
#triggerWarningWarning

Lots of beer pics coming this week.

vansmack

« Reply #10547 on: May 24, 2021, 02:46:57 pm »
but is the yeast organic??  if not, that product is an imposter #demandjusticenow

also, light beers are always made with either corn, rice, sugar, or a derivative thereof - will that be organic too?

Don't hate.  Embrace.
27>34

Space Freely

« Reply #10548 on: May 28, 2021, 07:51:08 am »
Good/long article here about Wheatland Spring.

https://brewingindustryguide-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/brewingindustryguide.com/amp/hope-grows-at-wheatland-spring-farm-brewery/

Although lovers of crazy ass marshmallow lactose guava sours and peppermint coffee vanilla imperial pastry stouts might take issue with the accused lack of creativity/originality in the American craft scene. Just where in Europe is all this creative craft brewing? Germany? Belgium?

Compared to Europe, the American beer scene seems homogenized to the Brandings—and that’s partly a function of commodified ingredients. “Amazing things [are] happening in craft brewing right now,” John says. “But what we would love to see is originality come to the United States—where the mid-Atlantic is known for certain types of beer—because that’s the kind of grain that grows there, and these are the kinds of hops that are grown in the mid-Atlantic, just like California has amazing crops, the Pac-Northwest has amazing crops. We’ll have, I don’t know, eight different regions in the United States, and they’re all known uniquely for different types and styles of beer—because that’s what grows there, and that’s what’s natural to their environment.”

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10549 on: June 14, 2021, 06:58:25 pm »
AstroLab Escape Pod
Amarillo, Zappa and Mosaic
Yum.

Space Freely

« Reply #10550 on: June 16, 2021, 11:52:05 am »
If anybody is a fan of fruited sours, I recommend picking up something from the Mortalis drop that just happened at Dominion Beer and Wine. $27 for a four pack is steep, but for fruited sours, they don't come any better than Mortalis, imo.

Starsky

« Reply #10551 on: June 16, 2021, 11:59:05 am »
Tecate 16 oz 4 pack $5.99 at Walgreens

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10552 on: June 16, 2021, 12:11:24 pm »

the only problem with this is, after following through, you're stuck with some Tecate.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #10553 on: June 16, 2021, 01:08:07 pm »

Would

Yada

« Reply #10554 on: June 16, 2021, 01:15:44 pm »
If anybody is a fan of fruited sours, I recommend picking up something from the Mortalis drop that just happened at Dominion Beer and Wine. $27 for a four pack is steep, but for fruited sours, they don't come any better than Mortalis, imo.

I'm surprised your refined palate still enjoys those types of beers. I can barely get through a taster of really any of them. 

Space Freely

« Reply #10555 on: June 16, 2021, 01:29:22 pm »

I'm surprised your refined palate still enjoys those types of beers. I can barely get through a taster of really any of them.

It's beer as a dessert, that's for sure. Which is fun, sometimes. I'll take a fruited sour over an adjunct stout, any day. Especially in the Summer.

In other news, Other Half DC is having a tap takeover by Monkish (Brennser will not be impressed), Horus, Homage, Celllarmaker, and Dewey Beach Thurs-Sun.

Yada

« Reply #10556 on: June 16, 2021, 01:34:14 pm »

It's beer as a dessert, that's for sure. Which is fun, sometimes. I'll take a fruited sour over an adjunct stout, any day. Especially in the Summer.

In other news, Other Half DC is having a tap takeover by Monkish (Brennser will not be impressed), Horus, Homage, Celllarmaker, and Dewey Beach Thurs-Sun.

I saw that... still haven't been to that location and need to get there, but won't be able to make that.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #10557 on: June 16, 2021, 02:06:56 pm »

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10558 on: June 16, 2021, 03:15:31 pm »

If I’m at the beach.....sure. Otherwise, no.

Starsky

« Reply #10559 on: June 16, 2021, 03:18:20 pm »
I am always on the beach…