Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3182158 times)

brennser

Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #10800 on: October 28, 2021, 01:38:37 pm »
Been to any good breweries lately Yada?

Yada

« Reply #10801 on: October 29, 2021, 11:07:39 am »
Been to any good breweries lately Yada?

von Trapp Brewery

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #10802 on: October 29, 2021, 04:26:44 pm »
How’s the rain up north?  Avoiding the mess by hitting up breweries in St Augustine.

Suspect it’ll be hit n miss but Old Coast is a solid start.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10803 on: November 04, 2021, 03:10:46 pm »
apparently it's International Stout Day today.
<sig>

« Reply #10804 on: November 04, 2021, 03:11:39 pm »
everyday is stout day in the Hatch-hold
slack

Yada

« Reply #10805 on: November 04, 2021, 03:23:52 pm »

I'll tell you what, the best bang for your buck stout these days that tastes like a stout and not a grahahm cracker peanut butter swirl banana mouse dessert are the 12oz BA Ted Fidy cans. So good and availalbe basically anywhere.

Space Freely

« Reply #10806 on: November 04, 2021, 03:28:27 pm »

I'll tell you what, the best bang for your buck stout these days that tastes like a stout and not a grahahm cracker peanut butter swirl banana mouse dessert are the 12oz BA Ted Fidy cans. So good and availalbe basically anywhere.

I still have a couple of cans for a year or two ago so Im' good for now. But a search just now of Total Wine's site seems to say it's currently unavailable in VA.

« Reply #10807 on: November 04, 2021, 03:30:39 pm »
and not a grahahm cracker peanut butter swirl banana mouse dessert
yeah, I as a rule have been avoiding these
slack

Yada

« Reply #10808 on: November 04, 2021, 03:34:25 pm »

I still have a couple of cans for a year or two ago so Im' good for now. But a search just now of Total Wine's site seems to say it's currently unavailable in VA.

I'm not talking about the 19oz large cans that you have to split four ways to enjoy... I think there are other places in VA to buy beer other than TW.

Space Freely

« Reply #10809 on: November 04, 2021, 03:46:33 pm »

I'm not talking about the 19oz large cans that you have to split four ways to enjoy... I think there are other places in VA to buy beer other than TW.

I know what you're talking about.

Dominion appears to have no Oskar Blues. Their sister store Downtown Crown has BA Ten Fidy, but it's listed as "low stock."

Not seeing it on the garbage Craft Beer Cellar DC site either.

"Basically available everywhere" might be an overstatement! I haven't seen it anywhere in VA in a long time.

On the stout note, I did pick up some Hardywood Bourbon Barrel GBS yesterday, available for the first time in four packs. Not a fan of the base beer, but love what the barreling does with it.Kentucky Christmas Morning, which is bourbon+coffee_GBS will also be available for the first time in four packs. Probably won't be pairing it with the Indian food I'm making tonight though.

Space Freely

« Reply #10810 on: November 04, 2021, 03:47:20 pm »
and not a grahahm cracker peanut butter swirl banana mouse dessert
yeah, I as a rule have been avoiding these

They're rarely a good Space value ratio beer.

« Reply #10811 on: November 05, 2021, 10:07:05 pm »
a replica of Moe’s,  from “The Simpsons,” is coming to the Springfield Town Center.

It will look authentic with one big difference from the show: No Duff. Or any beer.

Wait, was all excited, and now angry
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #10812 on: November 10, 2021, 04:58:25 pm »
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #10813 on: November 10, 2021, 05:10:21 pm »
in case you haven't heard yet:

Bell's Brewery to be sold to New Belgium Brewing's parent company as founder retires

I've drank one bottle of a Bell's beer during the pandemic...a Double Two Hearted...and it was absolutely terrible.

Yada

« Reply #10814 on: November 10, 2021, 05:15:02 pm »
in case you haven't heard yet:

Bell's Brewery to be sold to New Belgium Brewing's parent company as founder retires

I've drank one bottle of a Bell's beer during the pandemic...a Double Two Hearted...and it was absolutely terrible.

I've drank zero New Belgium beers by choice in the past seven years and probably a handful of two hearted ales. This news means nothing!