Author Topic: The Beer Thread  (Read 3708252 times)

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
Re: The Beer Thread
« Reply #11460 on: June 25, 2024, 01:56:30 pm »
MD guitar co + beer  =

“Paul’s Perfect Pour”: PRS has brewed up guitars for John Mayer, Mark Tremonti and Carlos Santana – but now it’s making beer
Brewed in partnership with PRS' neighbors at Cult Classic Brewing, the Irish red & kolsch ale was masterminded to celebrate Make Music Day

Not content with crafting 2023’s best-selling guitar, Paul Reed Smith now has his own craft beer – and it's being pitched as “a pretty rad sip”.

Brewed in partnership with fellow Maryland-ers Cult Classic Brewing, 'Paul’s Perfect Pour' is a 5.2% ABV Irish red and kolsch ale (blend) that's sure to strike a chord with guitar and beer lovers alike.
(...)
Sadly, it doesn’t appear to be available to purchase online yet, meaning wannabe tasters will have to, ahem, hop over to the Cult Classic Brewing bar on Kent Island, Maryland. 
<sig>

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11461 on: June 25, 2024, 02:03:01 pm »
this past saturday, i was running around Seattle and stopped in to Fremont's urban garden (AKA tap house).  had the 2020 and 2023 versions of their Rusty Nail, a barrel-aged spiced imperial stout.  the spices overpowered everything else so not my fav.

on my way out i grabbed a sixer of Head Full of Dynamite, their rotating hazy series.  this version featured Riwaka hops, and was canned less than 24 hours ago.  ridiculously hoppy, and delicious.
<sig>

« Reply #11462 on: August 15, 2024, 04:51:53 pm »
slack

Blow, me, Joey

« Reply #11463 on: August 15, 2024, 11:39:19 pm »
I was just thinking about this thread, and how it used to excite me so to post in here, the beers I would find and drink. Now, I am too lazy to do it anymore.

Plus, I somehow found it suddenly becoming overwhelmimg showboating and douchey to do it. Who cared what I drank? My palate might suck. Wait, a minute.

Space Freely

« Reply #11464 on: August 16, 2024, 09:24:21 am »
I was just thinking about this thread, and how it used to excite me so to post in here, the beers I would find and drink. Now, I am too lazy to do it anymore.

Plus, I somehow found it suddenly becoming overwhelmimg showboating and douchey to do it. Who cared what I drank? My palate might suck. Wait, a minute.

Kind of feel the same way. Though it's really no different than posting in a what tickets did you buy or what shows are you going to this week or what music did you listen to thread. Though technically this is a music forum and not a beer forum.

I just got back from a solo work/pleasure trip to the PNW. I went to a ton of breweries and drank a ton of beer. Sweetcell even took me to his local. (Thanks, dude!) But does anyone here care what breweries I went to (or what music I'm listening to?)

« Reply #11465 on: August 16, 2024, 09:38:42 am »
I like the scene reports on beer still, but surely in the minority
also there are so many breweries now, it's impossible to keep up   

but it's somewhat jumped the shark running after the latest concoction and queueing up for hours to get one beer of some special release (thank god)
slack

nkotb

« Reply #11466 on: August 20, 2024, 05:50:07 pm »
I've decided the best beer is Slighty Mighty. It's low alcohol, low cal, and I can drink 1 million of them at the beach

Space Freely

« Reply #11467 on: August 20, 2024, 06:04:14 pm »
I like the scene reports on beer still, but surely in the minority
also there are so many breweries now, it's impossible to keep up   

but it's somewhat jumped the shark running after the latest concoction and queueing up for hours to get one beer of some special release (thank god)

In Portland, I went to: Great Notion, Brujos, Wayfinder, Living Haus, Upright, Culmination, and maybe others. I also had a Pliny at a bottle shop.

In Tillamook, I went to De Garde.

In Astoria, I went to Fort George and Breakside.

In Seattle, I went to Reuben's, Great Notion, Urban Family,, Cloudburst, Fair Isle, Holy Mountain, and Flying Bike..

In North Bend, I went to Volition.

IN Hood River, I went to Pfriem and Ferment

Reviews to come.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11468 on: August 26, 2024, 06:30:51 pm »

you forgot Brewery & Funkhaus Chez Sweetcell
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #11469 on: September 03, 2024, 09:11:41 pm »
Beer

Space Freely

« Reply #11470 on: September 03, 2024, 09:15:11 pm »

Great little brewery, but it seemed like it could use some cleaning, lol.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11471 on: September 03, 2024, 11:41:51 pm »

Great little brewery, but it seemed like it could use some cleaning, lol.

can confirm *sigh*
<sig>