Author Topic: F@#k Columbia Heights  (Read 5527 times)

Christine Moritz

Re: F*ck Columbia Heights
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2009, 01:09:00 pm »
Could a mod euphemize the thread title to "F*ck Columbia Heights"?

I'm always worried that swear words might trigger some kind of alert with my work's Web-monitoring apparatus.  Avoiding individual threads is easy, but I hate to have to avoid the whole site when there's a swear word on the index page.

James Ford

Re: F*ck Columbia Heights
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2009, 08:19:21 pm »
Could a mod euphemize the thread title to "F*ck Columbia Heights"?

I'm always worried that swear words might trigger some kind of alert with my work's Web-monitoring apparatus.  Avoiding individual threads is easy, but I hate to have to avoid the whole site when there's a swear word on the index page.

Work was blocking me from reading this thread for this very reason.

vansmack

Re: F@#k Columbia Heights
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2009, 08:57:56 pm »
Work was blocking me from reading this thread for this very reason.

Mods, can we rename the "9:30 Club Forum" to the "Fucking 9:30 Club Forum?"
27>34

Ardamus

• Ardamus
Re: Fuck Columbia Heights
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 08:06:27 pm »
And thats what I thought this thread was about originally. Thats really sad.
No matter how many stores they build around that mall and etc., that element that was part of Columbia Heights will be there. I remember when you used to not be able to walk around that too much after dark. Crime has gone down a little bit but its definitely never been completely safe in that area.

It is. Only in CH would one of Fenty's summer CCC's have the bright idea of whipping out a gun on 14 in the middle of the freaking afternoon near the CH Metro stop and start shooting at someone across the street. What a fucking disgrace that neighborhood is. But the landlords and developers are the ones laughing all the way to the bank.

True. And all it takes is for one of the newcomers to catch a bad one like that.....then you'll definitely see the dynamic of that whole area change. Someone who is poor who happens to catch a bad one themselves is always shit out of luck.

Herr Professor Doktor Doom

• my blog
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 09:29:16 pm »
I would conclude from this thread that TMUL appears to harbor some personal issues/bitterness about something.

_\|/_

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2009, 10:00:28 pm »
I would conclude from this thread that TMUL appears to harbor some personal issues/bitterness about something.

This might cheer him up...: Suspect in boy's killing is dead
😐 🎶

• my blog
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2009, 03:09:41 am »

I hope that evil shit died slowly and painfully... but no, beyond that, I don't think anything's gonna cheer him up.

_\|/_

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2009, 05:11:33 am »
Hey, Doomie. I left a message for you in this thread. Kind of not worth it now since I now know that you won't be in the neighborhood but figured you'd like to read about this anyway. Maybe next time.

I'll back out of this thread now... We can discuss it over there if you'd like.

Ardamus

• Ardamus
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2009, 04:36:32 pm »

I hope that evil shit died slowly and painfully... but no, beyond that, I don't think anything's gonna cheer him up.

That really won't change too much either because CH still has a grimey element thats has solid ground there. Only thing thats going to happen is increase presence of police that way. And hell, they already have enough cruising around that area anyway.

• my blog
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2009, 11:53:11 am »
_\|/_

wml7

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2009, 12:02:07 pm »
purty  ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2009, 02:56:05 pm »

he obviously does.  i asked him what his specific beef with CH was, and... crickets.
<sig>